GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Someone just jumped on top of my car and dented the roof & trunk!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-06, 12:08 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Holy crap!........I think I would have to pull out the SKS on this one. Make him dance!
Old 04-25-06, 12:18 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you have the upper hand so just keep your cool and make sure he pays for everything....forgive but dont forget bro...good luck and im truly sorry bout the GS
Old 04-25-06, 12:34 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckb
First of all, YOUR FRIEND IS A COMPLETE MORON and would not be my friend anymore. That is so totally F-ed up. Anyone who jumps on the roof of a $40k 2005 GS needs to pay, bigtime. I hate to say but from the way you described it, that car will never be the same.

I honestly don't know what I'd do......I'm so pissed just reading this.
Ditto.
Old 04-25-06, 12:47 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, If I had friends like that, I wouldn't have enemies. Joking around and playing pranks on one another is cool and all but any SANE person would not be stupid enough to wreck a high dollar car like yours. I mean c'mon WTF? Seriously, that is not your freind, Unless he is so loaded that he could buy you another lex of your choice at any time. Even then I would be pissed. If you had a 1988 honda and he did that I would be o.k. with it (being in college and all) but Are u kidding me? He definately would get a serious arsse whooping and pay for the whole sit. Fu...c... going through insurance, let him pay the whole amount!!! Wow this thread got me pissed. That would be no friend of mine, cut him off!!
Old 04-25-06, 12:51 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

This whole thing is still in a really bad stage right now. He doesn't have the money, obviously how many college students have 4k on hand? Claims that he will work for 6 months or whatever to pay it off. Yea right, like thats going to happen...lol. Seems like his parents are going to get a ring.

About the whole police report thing. I call a police officer to come to the car and do what exactly? I've never been in a wreck, let alone a vandalism incident. Do I need the purpertrator with me? As what some of you said I can just file the incident without him being there? I'm not sure if he will agree to stand next to me with the police there. What do I tell the cop if he is there/ or not there? At this point I just want this incident on record, not necessarily have him thrown in jail yet or whatever the police will do in this incident. I don't want the situation to be elevated any further.

Also some of you said not to replace the roof. Is it better for them to try popping out most of the dents and sanding/filling the rest with body putty? Either way the top is going to be repainted. Would this weaken the structural integrity of anything? The main reason for replacing the roof right now is because the top is buckled down at the edges. The sunroof has like a 1/16" gap more than normal. Small, yes but it used to be perfectly flush. I'm going to a different body shop in a little bit to get another estimate. A new roof for our cars is $607 by the way. But labor to cut out old one and reweld new one is $$. I think like 25 man hours just for that.

Last edited by JeffTsai; 04-25-06 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-25-06, 12:52 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Take it to a very good body shop. The roof and the rear quarter panel are the worst parts of a car to get damaged. Unlike the doors, which can be replaced with a new outer skin that is welded in place, the roof will require bondo to smooth things out.
Old 04-25-06, 01:02 PM
chabelo31
Driver School Candidate

kick his ***.
Old 04-25-06, 01:03 PM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
This whole thing is still in a really bad stage right now. He doesn't have the money, obviously how many college students have 4k on hand? Claims that he will work for 6 months or whatever to pay it off. Yea right, like thats going to happen...lol. Seems like his parents are going to get a ring.

About the whole police report thing. I call a police officer to come to the car and do what exactly? I've never been in a wreck, let alone a vandalism incident. Do I need the purpertrator with me? As what some of you said I can just file the incident without him being there? I'm not sure if he will agree to stand next to me with the police there. What do I tell the cop if he is there/ or not there? At this point I just want this incident on record, not necessarily have him thrown in jail yet or whatever the police will do in this incident. I don't want the situation to be elevated any further.

Also some of you said not to replace the roof. Is it better for them to try popping out most of the dents and sanding/filling the rest with body putty? Either way the top is going to be repainted. Would this weaken the structural integrity of anything? The main reason for replacing the roof right now is because the top is buckled down at the edges. The sunroof has like a 1/16" gap more than normal. Small, yes but it used to be perfectly flush. I'm going to a different body shop in a little bit to get another estimate. A new roof for our cars is $607 by the way. But labor to cut out old one and reweld new one is $$. I think like 25 man hours just for that.
You need to get this handled sooner than later, working for 6 months to earn the dough is not only too long, but totally unrealistic. There's no way he will stick to it. I'd say call the peeps and mention that you haven't called the police yet because you didn't want to go that route, but that you are willing and justified in doing so right now. If he says he's going to work it off, have his parents loan him the cash to fix what he broke and let him pay them back. There is no way you should let this go more than a week or so without repair dollars in your hand.
Old 04-25-06, 01:10 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Best advice for the way you just said things stand, call his parents NOW
Old 04-25-06, 01:14 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JeffTsai

Call your local police department, tell them you want to file a complaint for vandalism.Tell them u know and saw who did it . If you could, get your witnesses there at the same time, it will be better for you. You just need to have this on file for the future. Your "friend" doesn't need to be present. They won't throw him in jail unless you tell them u want to press charges.Call his parents, f... him, why do u need to go through this B.S. ??? If all else fails pm me and we can do it NYC style . Naw just playin' . Just get the police report and call his parents to inform them what happened and what u have (witness and police report). This should get u the quick responce u need. Also I commend u on your ability to not give him a dirt nap.
Old 04-25-06, 01:25 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This incident has me thinking of the music video with rapper WC(dub C) from the Westside Connection where he dances on top of some dudes car roof. All jokes aside, I agree with the guys above. Do not sleep on this please. Get a police report today if you can. Take photos of the damage as well.
Old 04-25-06, 02:52 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

If i were you , he'd be a torso in a wheelchair (broken legs AND arms)
Old 04-25-06, 03:26 PM
punch10
Driver

I agree with getting the police involved, have your friend arrested...this is ridiculous.
Old 04-25-06, 05:11 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Wow, wow, wow. I agree with what everyone said about filing a police report. Do it today. Don't wait. If you wait even a day or two, the question from the police will be "Why didn't you call us out the moment this happened?" If your friend is willing to stand there and admit the wrongdoing while the police are filling out the report, great. If not, that's fine too. If he's concerned that he'll be arrested, just tell him that you won't press charges, and I think that should be sufficient for the police not to haul him off to jail (any criminal defense lawyers out there?). Stoner is right -- 6 months is way too long. Although his intentions might be sincere now, too many things can happen in that length of time. If it ends up that you need to turn it over to an insurance company, you'll want that police report and you'll want it filed as close as possible to the time of the incident.

Now, legal issues aside, what the f-ck? Was your friend doped up on the funny stuff or something when he did this? Was he sleep walking? I just can't imagine a college student losing his cool so severely so as to not be able to rationally understand the consequences of his actions. What do your other friends think about all of this?

e
Old 04-25-06, 05:38 PM
Insomnia
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have no mercy on this guy.... make him learn a lesson or he will pull this or something worse on someone else.

Quick Reply: Someone just jumped on top of my car and dented the roof & trunk!!!