GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Someone just jumped on top of my car and dented the roof & trunk!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-06, 11:45 AM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Dog 1st of all I'll beat that *** 2nd of all I'll beat that ***. Man you got to look at the long run what if you have to sell the car or trade it in you're going to take a big hit also if they have to cut your roof no telling what kind of problems you'll have. Since he is your so called friend I'll tell him You got 2 options 1 I'll trade my car in for exact same car or similar and you pay the difference between what they give for my car as is and the new car or 2 have an felony charge on your record either way you can't lose no Insurance hike no banged up Lex.
Old 04-26-06, 12:05 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

The sad part about all of this is that it will most likely kill the friendship. Obviously, that's not your fault, but it's a sad consequence.

That being said, I looked at the pictures, and I could see what you mean about the pictures not really showing the extent of the damage because it's a white car. What a jackass. Had he just jumped on the trunk, you would have been fine, but he did one heck of a number on your roof. I agree with the other posters that you should have a reputable paintless dent repair company try to work their magic on it. I believe there is room behind the moonroof for them to get in there and pop that stuff out. Under no circumstances would I allow them to cut off the roof and weld in a new one. First, the car will NEVER be the same again if you do that. Second, assuming it hits the Carfax report, you will have an impossible time selling it and, even if you can sell it, you will lose thousands.

Keep us posted and best of luck.
Old 04-26-06, 12:45 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Have him pay to take it to a custom shop and make it into a convertible... turning a negative into a positive...

Would it be the only one in existance?

Old 04-26-06, 01:00 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CinFulxGS4
Have him pay to take it to a custom shop and make it into a convertible... turning a negative into a positive...

Would it be the only one in existance?

Great idea. They are doing it with 300c's
Attached Thumbnails Someone just jumped on top of my car and dented the roof & trunk!!!-300_convertible_new.jpg  
Old 04-26-06, 02:34 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Jeff, where are the pictures , i got lost a little
Old 04-26-06, 07:31 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXSOOS
Hey Jeff, where are the pictures , i got lost a little
Pix are on the first page, hey did you get the email I sent you regarding the UPS Tracking number?
Old 04-27-06, 11:12 AM
Billh2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff
I think you need a second opinion about cutting off the roof and replacing it on your car. This is a tough, no win situation. Your friend should thank his lucky stars that he didn't do this to some of the people on this group, myself included. It would have been REAL UGLY! Anyway, I would take it to other shops. You should be able to find a quality body man that will straighten it out without having to replace the roof. He will probably be a crusty old bastard and it won't be cheap. If you find someone who will fix it but tells you it will take a couple of gallons of bondo, avoid this guy also.
Good Luck
Bill
Old 04-27-06, 11:17 AM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Pix are on the first page, hey did you get the email I sent you regarding the UPS Tracking number?
I've emailed you regarding this (UPS), they updated this late evening, you're good, man

Oh yeah, i've seen pitures. It looks to me like that's fixable. I belive shop sugested you to cut off roof cuz it is easier to do this than spend few more hours to fix it conventional way, obviously they will have to use some bondo. With somone who know how to do it, amount of bondo used will be marginal. It will be time consuming but nothing comes easy, good job is worth every penny you'll pay. I would never cut roof off with damage you have. But thats me, good luck bro.....

Last edited by LEXSOOS; 04-27-06 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-27-06, 01:03 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Ok, everyone. Good news. I talked to the Dent Wizard guy and he can do all the repairs for like $800 or so.
He also said that if the repair didn't come out 98% perfect, I wouldn't have to pay for it

This guy is a Master Tech Wizard so seems like he's pretty good. There were a few cars he had done sitting close by and the body looked like it had never been touched. He showed me a comparison picture of what happened to that car before and there was a serious crease and fold in it. He said the stuff on my roof is not going to be hard. The worst part is gona be dropping the whole headliner, removing the sunroof and sunroof rack. I hope this will fix it! I get to keep my original paint without having the insurance or carfax knowing anything!

I'll see how it goes and I'll keep all of you posted.
Old 04-27-06, 01:36 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah man, finally you have good news for us. Everything turned out pretty well, huh? You can't even imagine how happy i'm
Old 04-27-06, 01:57 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

thats good jeff dont let your "friend" know about that though. That guy is an a-hole. Trust me I had a friend like that he never did anything like that to me, thank god i realized that he was not much of a friend before it led to something like what you have. Keep us updated and good luck.
Old 04-27-06, 06:20 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Glad ot hear it. These paintless dent repair guys are truly magicians. I'm with the other poster that I wouldn't tell your friend just yet what's going on. I would wait until after the repairs are done to your satisfaction. Keep us posted.
Old 04-27-06, 07:12 PM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, everyone. Good news. I talked to the Dent Wizard guy and he can do all the repairs for like $800 or so.
He also said that if the repair didn't come out 98% perfect, I wouldn't have to pay for it

This guy is a Master Tech Wizard so seems like he's pretty good. There were a few cars he had done sitting close by and the body looked like it had never been touched. He showed me a comparison picture of what happened to that car before and there was a serious crease and fold in it. He said the stuff on my roof is not going to be hard. The worst part is gona be dropping the whole headliner, removing the sunroof and sunroof rack. I hope this will fix it! I get to keep my original paint without having the insurance or carfax knowing anything!

And your friend's gonna go with you to pick your car up when's it done to pay the man, Right??

BTW, what's the Dent Wizards contact info? I'm also in the DFW area. I've got a couple of small ones on the sides I'm interested in getting popped.

Good luck, can't wait to see after pics!!
Old 04-28-06, 12:54 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

That is good news.. Those Dent wizard guys are good. Paintless repair
Old 04-28-06, 01:17 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen our paintless dent removal out here in cali do some remarkable stuff. I bet they can get your car close to new again. Good luck with everything...