GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Pics of my ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-06, 06:28 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Welcome to CL. Are you my alter ego lol j/k. I think you posted on the wrong thread Nice GS though

You just got thread jacked! SEAN......... but welcome to CL tho
Old 05-11-06, 08:13 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice ride.

is it just the pic or does the GS emblem need to be rotated clockwise a hair? actually all the emblems look a little weird.
Old 05-12-06, 05:47 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckb
nice ride.

is it just the pic or does the GS emblem need to be rotated clockwise a hair? actually all the emblems look a little weird.
LOL, Its the way I tilted the camera.
Old 05-12-06, 05:49 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by nyARISTO
You just got thread jacked! SEAN......... but welcome to CL tho
I think he jacked my "Addidas" from my closet too. lol
Old 05-12-06, 09:50 AM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I thought it looked a little crooked myself. So I took the liberty of straightening the picture with Picasa and I dont think the badges are crooked. Now the TRD sticker, is definitely off.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my ride-p101000611.jpg  
Old 05-12-06, 10:39 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lexbox
I thought it looked a little crooked myself. So I took the liberty of straightening the picture with Picasa and I dont think the badges are crooked. Now the TRD sticker, is definitely off.
LOL. The TRD sticker is straight on my car. I will have to get a tripod, tent and a film crew to take better pics
Old 05-12-06, 10:42 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

Car looks very nice DASHOCKER!

So what's next on the mod list? FI?

Can't believe I missed this thread till now......
Old 05-12-06, 11:01 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL. The TRD sticker is straight on my car. I will have to get a tripod, tent and a film crew to take better pics
I think when you reduced the pic it did that.
Old 05-12-06, 01:13 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hameed
Car looks very nice DASHOCKER!

So what's next on the mod list? FI?

Can't believe I missed this thread till now......
Thanks Hameed. I see most of the OG's like you, Jeff and others and I"m feeling nostalgic The next mod for this car will be.........a c/f roof. FI will come after the GTO is broken in
Old 05-12-06, 01:19 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Thanks Hameed. I see most of the OG's like you, Jeff and others and I"m feeling nostalgic The next mod for this car will be.........a c/f roof. FI will come after the GTO is broken in
A c/f roof?? Are you serious? That will be one expensive and serious mod my man. Tell me some more...........

What about a c/f hood and trunk lid? Any plans on doing those as well? I want to do the hood one but can't justify the cost right now.
Old 05-12-06, 01:33 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

A c/f roof?? Are you serious? That will be one expensive and serious mod my man. Tell me some more...........

What about a c/f hood and trunk lid? Any plans on doing those as well? I want to do the hood one but can't justify the cost right now.
I got a deal on real c/f sheets 23.5 x 19.75 with 3M backing. I plan on having it custom mended to the roof and spoiler, then clearcoated. I am looking into a c/f front clip as well. Hood is up in the air.

Here is what I'm using.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my ride-3mcf.jpg  
Old 05-12-06, 01:38 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ooooooooh nice wheels, ive got the same staggered set in 20''
Old 05-12-06, 01:44 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a deal on real c/f sheets 23.5 x 19.75 with 3M backing. I plan on having it custom mended to the roof and spoiler, then clearcoated. I am looking into a c/f front clip as well. Hood is up in the air.

Here is what I'm using.

oh ok, so this is purely for the look and not for getting rid of weight via full replacement of body parts huh? not sure if id bother if this was the case..thats originally the whole point of carbon fiber, fast and easy diet material for your race car... my old turbo civic had a few carbonfiber body parts but they were all painted the stock color of the car, you could only tell if you opened the hood or trunk or looked up in the underside of the fender... this is just my opinion and to each his own, but your car looks awesome just the way it is..the carbon fiber all over it like that ontop of original body parts might make it look more "uncle bens" then lexus luxury...like i said, just my opinion not trying to start **** or talk it.
Old 05-12-06, 02:05 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
oh ok, so this is purely for the look and not for getting rid of weight via full replacement of body parts huh? not sure if id bother if this was the case..thats originally the whole point of carbon fiber, fast and easy diet material for your race car... my old turbo civic had a few carbonfiber body parts but they were all painted the stock color of the car, you could only tell if you opened the hood or trunk or looked up in the underside of the fender... this is just my opinion and to each his own, but your car looks awesome just the way it is..the carbon fiber all over it like that ontop of original body parts might make it look more "uncle bens" then lexus luxury...like i said, just my opinion not trying to start **** or talk it.
That's what I thought too DASHOCKER when you mentioned the c/f roof. That was why I commented on how expensive it could be as I thought you were doing my fantasy mods - reducing the weight of the car by replacing body panels with c/f.
Old 05-12-06, 04:32 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

That's what I thought too DASHOCKER when you mentioned the c/f roof. That was why I commented on how expensive it could be as I thought you were doing my fantasy mods - reducing the weight of the car by replacing body panels with c/f.
The C/F hood would be hot, but I've heard that they can become problematic. I am still doing research on it. A lot of guys are against the c/f roof idea, and I that is one idea I will have to really sleep on.

Quick Reply: Pics of my ride