GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Pics of my ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-06, 07:32 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
The C/F hood would be hot, but I've heard that they can become problematic. I am still doing research on it. A lot of guys are against the c/f roof idea, and I that is one idea I will have to really sleep on.

no no no! dont sleep on it!! just forget it and spend that $$$ on somethin else! the car looks CLEAN right now..laying carbon fiber OVER body parts is purely pointless (like i said before, years ago before carbon fiber became "cool looking" in some tuners perspective, parts were replaced in favor of full 100% carbon fiber versions for race purposes and most of the time painted right over, so you wouldnt even notice what the parts were made of, it was only ever supposed to be a function thing not really a form....it was never supposed to turn into a "look" but that damn F&F came out and since then BAMMMM that POS movie affected the whole world of cars and how people view them and they dont even know it lol)...and doing it on top of the body of a lexus gs as clean as yours is goin to KILL its appearance, would just be a shame..honestly trust me you will NOT be happy when youre done...just picture this nice crispy lex sitting in a parking lot, nice drop, nice rims, etc. etc....you walk up closer to it and all the body parts are nice and clean and shiny, you get closer and see this carbon fiber "stuff" stickied to the roof, the wing...god knows where else...look in the window...nope this things not a 1/4mi drag car, no turbo, atleast you cant see the big fat intercooler peeking out from under the bumper anyway..., no huge brakes no gutted interior..what? wait? why the hell is this stuff stuck on here?...entire opinion of car changes from nice tasteful luxury to just plain ghetto. sorry man...again just my opinion..but to me this type of thing reminds me of plastic chrome hubcaps with plastic "spinners" in size 14 haha.. i mean.. some cars, this CAN look good, if done right..like with real full replacement CF parts... my friends got a WRX...but again its a WRX! with cf hood, fully custom REAL carbon fiber roof, wing, and rear deck/trunk, and dash/door panels..but hes also sponsored by some joint that actually makes that stuff.. it looks good on his car because its a trailer ***** with all those Hot Import Nights/show circuit style stuff.... dont be mad at me i just dont want you to ruin your car and hate it later! forgive the long post, ive got a bunch of time on my hands tonight since my plans got cancelled and i figured i'd be worth 10 minutes to donate my time to the save-a-lex program! good luck bro take care!
Old 05-15-06, 05:33 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
no no no! dont sleep on it!! just forget it and spend that $$$ on somethin else! the car looks CLEAN right now..laying carbon fiber OVER body parts is purely pointless (like i said before, years ago before carbon fiber became "cool looking" in some tuners perspective, parts were replaced in favor of full 100% carbon fiber versions for race purposes and most of the time painted right over, so you wouldnt even notice what the parts were made of, it was only ever supposed to be a function thing not really a form....it was never supposed to turn into a "look" but that damn F&F came out and since then BAMMMM that POS movie affected the whole world of cars and how people view them and they dont even know it lol)...and doing it on top of the body of a lexus gs as clean as yours is goin to KILL its appearance, would just be a shame..honestly trust me you will NOT be happy when youre done...just picture this nice crispy lex sitting in a parking lot, nice drop, nice rims, etc. etc....you walk up closer to it and all the body parts are nice and clean and shiny, you get closer and see this carbon fiber "stuff" stickied to the roof, the wing...god knows where else...look in the window...nope this things not a 1/4mi drag car, no turbo, atleast you cant see the big fat intercooler peeking out from under the bumper anyway..., no huge brakes no gutted interior..what? wait? why the hell is this stuff stuck on here?...entire opinion of car changes from nice tasteful luxury to just plain ghetto. sorry man...again just my opinion..but to me this type of thing reminds me of plastic chrome hubcaps with plastic "spinners" in size 14 haha.. i mean.. some cars, this CAN look good, if done right..like with real full replacement CF parts... my friends got a WRX...but again its a WRX! with cf hood, fully custom REAL carbon fiber roof, wing, and rear deck/trunk, and dash/door panels..but hes also sponsored by some joint that actually makes that stuff.. it looks good on his car because its a trailer ***** with all those Hot Import Nights/show circuit style stuff.... dont be mad at me i just dont want you to ruin your car and hate it later! forgive the long post, ive got a bunch of time on my hands tonight since my plans got cancelled and i figured i'd be worth 10 minutes to donate my time to the save-a-lex program! good luck bro take care!
Your right. I agree with you. Spoke to some friends about it, and they said I must be nuts to do a c/f roof
Old 05-15-06, 05:52 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Very last pic. This time, I cut my lawn

Old 05-15-06, 06:17 PM
LexT
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Your right. I agree with you. Spoke to some friends about it, and they said I must be nuts to do a c/f roof
no C/F roof =
Old 05-15-06, 06:24 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexT
no C/F roof =
yeahhhh
Old 05-15-06, 07:43 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lovin the inserts man, very original!! Clean ride.