GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS is the worst car to smoke in!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-06, 02:34 PM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down GS is the worst car to smoke in!

yes im a smoker who smokes in my GS all the time,

i gotta say they did not design the car around smokers, every night when i come home there arre ashes everywhere all over the back seat on the floor, (what an outrage!)
and whats really annoying is that it always gets on that plastic crevice part on the door where the windows are held in place...
then when it rains i just barely crack the window and water rushes in all over the place like a mini tidal wave. Lexus needs to put more money into customer comfort.

just thought id share that.
Old 04-30-06, 03:11 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Now if that isn't a reason to quit I don't know what is

Jonny
Old 04-30-06, 03:13 PM
djjt
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man, i implemented a no smoking policy for my car a long time ago, you should do the same. even if you've just finished smoking a cigarette, you've gotta wait a minute for the smoke to clear and pat down your clothes before you get into my car.

hehe
jt
Old 04-30-06, 03:24 PM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

you smoke in your Gs u just broke one of the10 Lexus Commandments. the one right before " thou shall not have any type of fornication in the back nor the front seat of the car"
Old 04-30-06, 03:27 PM
Mr GS400
Pole Position

[QUOTE= Lexus needs to put more money into customer comfort.

just thought id share that.[/QUOTE]

As a matter of record, Lexus, (at least the new RX330/350) does not offer an cigarette lighter or ash tray as standard equipment. You have to buy it as a dealer accessory.

Bottomline . . . . smoking is a dirty habit especially inside an automobile. The smoke and ash residue discolors plastic and places a scum like film on the windows. It also makes the interior smell worse than a public restroom.

If you must smoke do it outside your car.

This is a 'Public Service Announcement'.
Old 04-30-06, 03:46 PM
dmanbluesf
Pole Position

^^^ HEHEHE, but yes, i fully agree.
Old 04-30-06, 03:56 PM
JMgs300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FunGuy
yes im a smoker who smokes in my GS all the time,

i gotta say they did not design the car around smokers, every night when i come home there arre ashes everywhere all over the back seat on the floor, (what an outrage!)
and whats really annoying is that it always gets on that plastic crevice part on the door where the windows are held in place...
then when it rains i just barely crack the window and water rushes in all over the place like a mini tidal wave. Lexus needs to put more money into customer comfort.

just thought id share that.
I totally agree... and with the black interior it makes it that much worse! but yea cracking the windows even with a drizzle it just stars pouring in the car... really annoying!
Old 04-30-06, 04:04 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I smoked in my ES but I dont smoke in my GS. Smells like the day I bought it every time I get in. If you do smoke though turn off the AC and it will help it not smelling like smoke. Get some rainguards if the water bothers you.
Old 05-01-06, 01:47 AM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

I guess 95% people here are anti-smoking. I guess i shouldn't start on the subject why GS is the worst car to Drink in then....
Old 05-01-06, 07:53 AM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Smoking in a car?! j/k... I dont smoke but would never let someone smoke in my rides.
Old 05-01-06, 08:24 AM
Lubs
Pole Position

I have a no smoking rule in the car, but I have done it a few times while under stress. I learned my lesson the last time I broke the rule though. When I went to ash my cigarette in the cracked window at a crawling speed the ash went straight for my left eye! I managed to close my eye in time, but boy was that a shock. I blame the 0.29 drag coefficient, not a lack of customer comfort.
Old 05-01-06, 09:58 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

No, the bad part is, the wind get in to car excessively even if you just cracked the window a bit,,
Non of my Lexus does it, my LS, IS, SC, LX...
I installed the windvisor and still won't help...
I have long hair, so I can't open the window because it will mess up my hair pretty good.
Old 05-01-06, 12:22 PM
antbo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats what those "window visors" are made for. so you can crack the window in the rain and even smoke. those are what really they are meant to be for.
Old 05-01-06, 12:48 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Believe it or not, a lot of cars these days are coming as "no smoking" cars. My boys TSX has a red change holder that looks like an ashtray, but has a sticker in the ashtray that reads "Not for ashes." Also, his car has no cig lighter, it only has power outlets. They all have the flaps that read "12v outlet." IMO, I think this is something that should come standard in all cars. People have a hard enough time trying to drive without doing it while trying to light a cig, talk on a cell phone, and eat a cheeseburger all that the same time.
Old 05-01-06, 01:00 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lose the GS or lose the habit. You know what to do.

Quick Reply: GS is the worst car to smoke in!