GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Need help with wheels bad!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-01, 01:35 PM
WHITEGS400
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hello friends, I own a pearl white GS400 and I am in need of NICE LOOKING WHEELS, nothing to expensive though, something that will turn heads!

My car is bone stock for now but as my first major upgrade to it, I would like to pick out some nice rims!

Anyways please help me find the right rims for my Pearl White car. Will chrome look good on it btw?

I really want to hear from "GlobeCLK"! I think you can help me find the right rims judging from your knowledge on wheels. If you guys can please attach pics or give me urls to look at and aproximated prices on them.

Also I dont think I can go over 18, meaning 18 is the highest. 19 and 20 would be hard to obtain driving on NYC roads

Thank you very much friends.
Old 09-17-01, 02:09 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

W,

it would be helpful if we know your ~budget as there are thousands of wheels out there. what do you like: spoke, dish, or mesh? i only like chromes on darker color car.

btw, i am selling a set of brand new 18x8.5s Italian made wheels in the GS classifieds. take a look.

william
Old 09-17-01, 02:35 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

I like to think off myself as a wheel expert .....

Again post some ideas of were to start.....Do you what a racing look or a head turning whoa look.....

I like the whoa look more with such a big bodied car like the GS, that’s why I put 20" chrome rims on my GS as the first mod....

Old 09-17-01, 04:43 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by CSHFLW
, that’s why I put 20" chrome rims on my GS as the first mod....

Old 09-17-01, 04:56 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by CSHFLW
I like to think off myself as a wheel expert .....

Again post some ideas of were to start.....Do you what a racing look or a head turning whoa look.....

I like the whoa look more with such a big bodied car like the GS, that’s why I put 20" chrome rims on my GS as the first mod....

What wheels do you have on your GS?? Thanks, Tiny
Old 09-17-01, 05:10 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Giovannia Barletta 20x8.5....whole lota chrome
Old 09-17-01, 05:56 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by WHITEGS400
Hello friends, I own a pearl white GS400 and I am in need of NICE LOOKING WHEELS, nothing to expensive though, something that will turn heads!

My car is bone stock for now but as my first major upgrade to it, I would like to pick out some nice rims!

Anyways please help me find the right rims for my Pearl White car. Will chrome look good on it btw?

I really want to hear from "GlobeCLK"! I think you can help me find the right rims judging from your knowledge on wheels. If you guys can please attach pics or give me urls to look at and aproximated prices on them.

Also I dont think I can go over 18, meaning 18 is the highest. 19 and 20 would be hard to obtain driving on NYC roads

Thank you very much friends.

heh heh When it comes to wheels you can NEVER forget about Manaray and GS4will. Here's the process:

1) Ask anyone for advice is great.
2) Tell us what you like.
3) Me, William, and alot of others will give you some options.
4) You choose the type you like the most
5) Let Manaray approve it

Again I don't wanna repeat what others have said but 3 things I think we absolutely need from you is 1) Your budget 2) what size you're aiming for and 3) Spoke, dish, or mesh.

Flip through websites. If you see something you like then tell us. We'll gladly help
Old 09-18-01, 09:57 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Wheel expert??? That's saying something considering the present company, although I am by no means including myself in said company.

WHITEGS400, You can see a ton of wheels with prices at www.superbuytires.com and without prices at www.gtautosports.com but if you see something you like, ask around. Someone can probably get a better deal. Also, if there's a wheel that you mention that you like please don't feel offended if someone says something bad about them. Most likely what is said will be true and people around here are just trying to save you the trouble of buying low quality, knock off wheels. Most importantly, take your time. Find something you really like. I've been looking for wheels for about 6 months and still haven't decided, although I'm in no hurry because I'm in Europe right now. Good luck!

Josh
Old 09-18-01, 04:03 PM
WHITEGS400
Rookie

Hello friends, the thing is I pretty much am clueless when it comes to picking out nice rims. That is why I am asking you people here for advise since many of you are wheel experts.

1) I am looking for the WHOA look as well as a mixture with the RACING look into it. (does that make sense?)

2) I would like chrome rims but if I really find a nice SPOKE WHEELS then I would settle for that.

3) I cannot pick out anything form those 2 sites. TOOOO MANY RIMS TO PICK FROM!!!

I did like the "m0m0 Twin Chrome" & "Lowenhart BR5" what do you guys think, maybe you can give me your picks. Also 18's are the highest I can go.

Thank you and hope to hear from you all soon.
Old 09-18-01, 04:22 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1) I am looking for the WHOA look as well as a mixture with the RACING look into it. (does that make sense?)

2) I would like chrome rims but if I really find a nice SPOKE WHEELS then I would settle for that.

3) I cannot pick out anything form those 2 sites. TOOOO MANY RIMS TO PICK FROM!!!

I did like the "m0m0 Twin Chrome" & "Lowenhart BR5" what do you guys think, maybe you can give me your picks. Also 18's are the highest I can go.

Thank you and hope to hear from you all soon.
1) Those you can try HRE. How WHOA a wheel gets is up to different people, and so is the RACING look too. Generally you can't mix both racing and bling-bling looks, but you can find WHOA rims with RACING weight and strength (Advan AVS, VolkRacing.)

2) CHROME and SPOKES are 2 different categories. Chrome is the finish of the wheel, for example chrome or silver or polished or painted or powder coated. Spoke is the design type of the wheels, like spokes or dish or mesh or wire.

Lowenhart, good wheels, but alot of people have them already. If you like it then go ahead but I personally wouldn't get a wheel once someone else has them already

MOMO is an Euro brand. It's M-O-M-O 4 letters. No one has those Twins yet.

18s max, I would suggest staggered look, 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear. Or even 18x9, 18x10.
Old 09-18-01, 07:43 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you like The chrome look but still want a racing sense to it then do what I did with my first set of rims I got Niche Shocks Chrome 18X8.5 all around with dunlops sp9000's It looked real good on the car and the wheels looked alot biger than 18" rims because of they have no lip to them now if you want a lip on your wheel then go with the shocking shocks

here is a pic of the lexus with shocking shocks on it but there not chrome and its lowerd
Attached Images  
Old 09-19-01, 10:41 AM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

Default to whitegs4

white gs4, I like you am in the wheel market.Thankfully through this website i am starting to realize why wheels like weds,volk,work equip,and blitz Are wheels that the trueGS players are talking about,whereas initially I couldnt understand all the hype.I think if you too keep listening and learning you will realize that these wheels that sometimes seem overpriced and kind of plain will grow on you and be yours and myselfs best bet.
Old 09-19-01, 03:10 PM
WHITEGS400
Rookie

Default Check it out!

Hello again, okay I been doing some searching for the right wheels, and I think I have found it!

Please visit this url

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=595615411

What do you all think, I really value your opinions! Please respond ASAP

Will it even fit my gs400 because it says it will fit Navigators & Expeditions.

Thank you for your time.
Old 09-19-01, 05:29 PM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

Whitegs4,looks like a decent looking rim alyhough I still think you can do better.Remember your probably gonna want to go 18x8.5front 18x9.5 rear if not 18x9f,18x10rear.I think that those were all 18x8.5. Try www.gtautosports.Check out blitz 03,work equip,volk racing av3 etc.I think youll find that these wheels will grow on you as they did me.It looks Im going for blitz03,sick whheels. head turners and performance.
Old 09-19-01, 08:22 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Check it out!

Hello again, okay I been doing some searching for the right wheels, and I think I have found it!

Please visit this url

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=595615411

What do you all think, I really value your opinions! Please respond ASAP

Will it even fit my gs400 because it says it will fit Navigators & Expeditions.

Thank you for your time.
The lug pattern is different......But email the guy and see if he can get them in 5x4.5....Those rims are CHEAP!

check out Zenetti wheels.....Nice designs, expensive looking, rare, and best of all are not very expensive.

Quick Reply: Need help with wheels bad!