GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

TTE Front Lip Install Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-06, 06:45 AM
Nolbi-Wan
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTE Front Lip Install Kit

anyone know if its possible to just buy the install kit (adhessive,screws, instructions and TTE badge). Im picking up a TTE lip and it only comes with the lip. what i really want is the TTE badge and instructions. If anyone has one layin around they wanna sell or know where i can definately pick one up shoot me a PM.
Old 05-11-06, 11:01 AM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

i think quite a few people have tried to get another badge, but to no avail. you may want to try to pm steve ganz (supratrd) at carson toyota, but i have a feeling that even he won't have much luck. he can probably help you with a copy of the instructions though.

i am going to be in the same boat when i get my front lip repainted. i'm just going to have the shop fill in the badge area and make it flush.

good luck in your search.
Old 05-11-06, 11:30 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Like phunkyGS said, you can PM Steve (SUPRATRD). Maybe things are different now. I tried to get a new sticker a couple of years ago when I decided to repaint the front end. Steve was not able to do it then. I just filled the sticker indentation and painted. As for the rest of the parts, you can get screws at HD/Lowes or somewhere similar. My shop did not even use the adhesive that the lip came with and used polyurethane adhesive. This is the stuff that they put on to install windshields.

Let's just say I don't think the lip is ever coming off.
Old 05-11-06, 11:33 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i have a tte sticker and instruction in the bag somewhere at home from the lip that i lost ...long story... highway disaster with the rubber from a semi when i get home i will check for you.
Old 05-11-06, 12:18 PM
Nolbi-Wan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSoup
i have a tte sticker and instruction in the bag somewhere at home from the lip that i lost ...long story... highway disaster with the rubber from a semi when i get home i will check for you.
sorry to hear about your lip. i know how it feels...ive broken a lip before too.definately sucks...hope everything turns out for the better. if you still do have the sticker and instructions just let me know how much you want and i will paypal the funds over. thanks man
Old 05-12-06, 01:15 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The adhesive that comes with the TTE lip is sufficient for the job....but if you want it stuck on there....then I'd suggest going to the hardware store and buying some Industrial adhesive....the kind in a dual syringe that you need to mix...and it dries in 5 minutes or so. I did that to my DSR roof spoiler and that thing is stuck there forever.

Pete
Old 05-12-06, 05:49 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Hey if you have the funds I would get some estimates and have the TTE lip molded in to the front bumper..Its more pricey but you don't ever have to worry about the lip coming off.. But if you go the adhesive route let a qualified shop do the job.. I almost was considering doing it myself but went the molded route and I'm glad i did...

Also i would try to Contact Sewell Lexus for the emblem... Thats where i ordered my Lip from.. SSPeak to Darrell.. Good Luck...

Tony
Old 05-12-06, 03:27 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nolan,
I pm'ed you back on the local guy who can install / paint your lip.

The TTE lip kit is of no importance aside from getting the emblem.

There are Automotive Adhesives on the market that are SPECIFICALLY designed to glue, seal the gaps and act as a filler to allow the lip to be molded on and appear as if it wasn't just added on. There are many formulations available depending on what material is gluing to what, so let the body shop determine which type has the best bonding properties for the TTE material and the GS bumper.

My local painter can do all that if you want. He can get the adhesive at better pricing through body shop discount suppliers.

I need to go see him as well, so PM me if you might want to drop by at the same time.

Glen
Old 05-12-06, 04:30 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Nolan,

There are Automotive Adhesives on the market that are SPECIFICALLY designed to glue, seal the gaps and act as a filler to allow the lip to be molded on and appear as if it wasn't just added on. There are many formulations available depending on what material is gluing to what, so let the body shop determine which type has the best bonding properties for the TTE material and the GS bumper.

My local painter can do all that if you want. He can get the adhesive at better pricing through body shop discount suppliers.

I need to go see him as well, so PM me if you might want to drop by at the same time.

Glen
Hey Glen, can you PM your local painters info too? Need to get my TTE lip, ugo roof spoiler, and entire car painted for that matter. Thanks.
Old 05-12-06, 04:35 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by markgs4
Hey Glen, can you PM your local painters info too? Need to get my TTE lip, ugo roof spoiler, and entire car painted for that matter. Thanks.

I'll do one better and ask him to come to next weeks meet.

He is by appointment only, so it's easier for him to come to us.

He did the hood on Solo's car, the body kit and rear trunk on INDGOGRL's and the full Tom's kit plus blended the hood and fenders on redgs4's car.

That's a pretty good example of his work.

i like going to a painter instead of a paint shop. This way there is only one person responsible for the work and you are assured the same quality level when it's just one person doing all the work.

I also only trust one specific person to window tint all my cars, another for clear bra and another to cut my hair too !

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-12-06 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-13-06, 01:08 PM
Nolbi-Wan
Pole Position

Nolan,

Glen
Glen,
Thanks a lot. Ill hit him up when my lip arrives. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to some of the meets. I'll even see if i can drag Sean along. haha
Old 05-13-06, 01:28 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll do one better and ask him to come to next weeks meet.

He is by appointment only, so it's easier for him to come to us.

He did the hood on Solo's car, the body kit and rear trunk on INDGOGRL's and the full Tom's kit plus blended the hood and fenders on redgs4's car.

That's a pretty good example of his work.

i like going to a painter instead of a paint shop. This way there is only one person responsible for the work and you are assured the same quality level when it's just one person doing all the work.

I also only trust one specific person to window tint all my cars, another for clear bra and another to cut my hair too !
Perfect! If he makes it to the meet next week, he can see in person how much work my poor car needs....