GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Help! Win or Revoltuion Body Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-06, 12:23 AM
InvAsian
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Win or Revoltuion Body Kit?

Wassup guys, man I am confused, please explain or share ur thoughts, opinions, experiences regarding the diffrerences, similarites, quality, and fitment between the original Win kit and the so called replica Revolution Kit... I do notice the slight price increase with the Win kit ova the Revolution, but visually, they both look exactly the same, in my opinion, they are both very similiar to the 1st generation Black Widow kits...and last of all guys which dealer would u most highly recommend ordering either the win or revolution kit from, thanx.

Top Pic:Original Win Kit

Bottom Pic" Revolution Kit from AITRacing

Last edited by BR1AN; 05-16-06 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-16-06, 03:40 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is more than a slight difference in price. The revolution is a replica of the win kit. The real WIN kit that I had fit perfectly. There were no adjustments needed to make when the bodyshop did the work, and they were shocked. If you dont mind spending the extra $ get the WIN kit and know that you are getting a great product, as opposed to the Revolution kit where some people on here have remarked how badly it fit and was put togethor. IF you search "revolution kit" I am sure you can dig up the old threads
Old 05-16-06, 05:06 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'd go with the win kit! although i lucked out and got a decent rev kit installed on mine. i've heard horror stories though bout the rev kit.
Old 05-16-06, 05:38 AM
exvelocity
Pole Position

go with the real kit, cause the replica front fits kinda crappy,plus it was way too heavy,and the chrome trim dont fit well in the groove well
Old 05-16-06, 05:46 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

I had the Revolution side skirts and rear bumper for a few months. The body shop had to do a lot of work to make them fit and overall I really liked the way that they turned out.... Until I tried to drive it:
I had a flat and my jack wouldn't fit under the side skirts
I called a tow truck and they couldn't get it on the flat bed because the kit was too low
I went to get an oil change and the car couldn't go on the lift
I broke the side skirts on a speed bump at my kid's school
I broke the rear bumper on a dip in the highway at 85 mph.

Bottom line, I had them removed in less than 6 months. Wasted a lot of money in the process. Your Mileage May Vary
Old 05-16-06, 09:30 AM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

i have the Rev. kit - was used so it fit right up when i got it.. good luck man - i'll try to get you some pics
Old 05-16-06, 11:44 AM
InvAsian
Driver

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
There is more than a slight difference in price. The revolution is a replica of the win kit. The real WIN kit that I had fit perfectly. There were no adjustments needed to make when the bodyshop did the work, and they were shocked. If you dont mind spending the extra $ get the WIN kit and know that you are getting a great product, as opposed to the Revolution kit where some people on here have remarked how badly it fit and was put togethor. IF you search "revolution kit" I am sure you can dig up the old threads
Further research, I have discovered that there is also a replica of the Win Kit ( A Fake, claiming to be a Win Kit ).... after seeing photos of som members with the Win/Revolution Kit, I have had thoughts of purchasing this kit, but i'm contemplating becus I don't want to spend alot of money on body work in order to make this kit fit rite. GS300Rich where did u purchase ur Win Kit? How much? and how would I kno before i do purchase it, if its really a Win kit ( Is there an authentic Win badge or engraving on the kit ) ?
Old 05-16-06, 03:14 PM
emerald25
Driver

If you have money then get the real deal Win kit or buy a fake kit used since either way you're going to have to put in work on a fake kit.