GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

DIY Gone Bad...Wind Visors

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-07 | 02:08 PM
kit cat

D'oh! that sucks!! If you posted the manual, I could have translated it for you.
Old 09-03-07 | 02:11 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
so what happened did you put them too close and they overlapped ? please expain cause i just ordered these for my car and i was curious about installation and tips or tricks to install please be specific as possible thanks
Originally Posted by shaolin
so how far are they suppose to be away from each other? i got one but it did not come with any instruction.
Originally Posted by onedropz
damn that sucks. did you get your replacement on your car yet? if so post some pictures.

no instructions? where did you order your wind visors from? i just ordered a pair from l-tuned. hope mine come with some instructions.

guys.. just put a set of these on my car a couple weeks ago.. installation is as simple as you would imagine it would be for four pieces of plastic that you stick and clip onto your 4 doors.. for those of you with instructions, even though they are not in english, they do include pictures of what is really a very self explanatory process... the tip i have to offer is this: the part where the instructions show you to fit these onto the windows with the clips, having only peeled back about half inch of the tape backing from each side of the visor.... LISTEN TO THAT.. do NOT remove all the backing from the double sided tape then try throwing these things on, they will stick almost immediately with barely any pressure applied and you CAN wreck them trying to pull them back off and reposition them.. the easiest way to install these is to get the 2 clips on each visor in place clipped in under the rubber piece on the door molding.. they only line up and fit properly one way and you will be able to see this right away. after they are all set on, carefully lift each visor a little and slowly remove the backing from the double sided tape (starting at where you already peeled the edge back on each end) making sure the visor doesnt shift as you peel that stuff off and follow pressing on the top of the visor where you just removed the backing as you go along...
Old 09-03-07 | 08:09 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
guys.. just put a set of these on my car a couple weeks ago.. installation is as simple as you would imagine it would be for four pieces of plastic that you stick and clip onto your 4 doors.. for those of you with instructions, even though they are not in english, they do include pictures of what is really a very self explanatory process... the tip i have to offer is this: the part where the instructions show you to fit these onto the windows with the clips, having only peeled back about half inch of the tape backing from each side of the visor.... LISTEN TO THAT.. do NOT remove all the backing from the double sided tape then try throwing these things on, they will stick almost immediately with barely any pressure applied and you CAN wreck them trying to pull them back off and reposition them.. the easiest way to install these is to get the 2 clips on each visor in place clipped in under the rubber piece on the door molding.. they only line up and fit properly one way and you will be able to see this right away. after they are all set on, carefully lift each visor a little and slowly remove the backing from the double sided tape (starting at where you already peeled the edge back on each end) making sure the visor doesnt shift as you peel that stuff off and follow pressing on the top of the visor where you just removed the backing as you go along...
Pix brotha pix
Old 09-03-07 | 07:20 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

how much did just the replacement cost you? im in the same boat as you where I have one broken and three good, and I would like to purchase just the one I need. Who do I contact for this?
thanks
Old 09-03-07 | 07:28 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
how much did just the replacement cost you? im in the same boat as you where I have one broken and three good, and I would like to purchase just the one I need. Who do I contact for this?
thanks
Try Luis or Steve from Carson Toyota (l-tunedparts.com)
Old 09-03-07 | 08:03 PM
cr00klyn71
Pole Position

hahah wow. u a beast be easy next time its only plastic.
Old 09-03-07 | 08:41 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

is he on this website? There is no direct email to him on (l-tunedparts.com)

thanks
Old 09-03-07 | 11:06 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
is he on this website? There is no direct email to him on (l-tunedparts.com)

thanks

just call carson toyota and ask for Luis in parts: 1-800-908-6968. tell him you're from clublexus so he can hook you up with any current discounted member pricing that may be available.
Old 04-17-08 | 11:46 AM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Okay, so Im getting these.....

One question:

I need to place the fronts on first and then the rears?

what about the pillar piece and rear pillar piece?

or just leave those off the car.

and where do they exactly fit on the car?

I see them on the cars, but I can still see the chrome strip around the windows....not really sure where they get attached to??

I hear everyone talking about CLIPS?? what are those? do they fit inside the car? sorry bringing up an old post> I used the search button!!!lol
Old 06-15-08 | 02:37 PM
RX729
Pole Position

test fitting first would be best...
Old 06-15-08 | 06:39 PM
dave11428
Pole Position

Test fit it first, use the hooks to keep it on the window adn when u are sure everything is fine - leave it hooked and pull the tape from between the visor and door. This is how I did mine with no problem. Also if you want to take it out, heat it and it should come off much easier.