GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Possible GS400 purchase, want your opinion on pricing

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-06 | 08:55 AM
minty99z
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gs Dreams
i thought usually people haggle about the price is at mom and pop dealership not something like lexus or benz etc. i thought there attitude would be like "if you can't afford the asking price, there is a honda dealership down the road" not like someone said this to me but i just assume that's there attitudes on their cars. the car im looking at is 29,995 it's 02 no navi with 49k on the clock. i would like to offer 25k but then again i don't want to look stupid, u think this is to low ( i know it's up to the salesman but im trying to get a general idea). i always thought if u have cash you would get a better deal? dam, i guess u learn something new each day
so i should just put down a low amount of money you saying? in order to get a better deal?
well if you got anymore tips let me know, im trying to get two cars by the end of this summer. A Gs and a supra to be exacted. i know that i may have to pay cash for the supra and use the change to finance the Lexus
I wouldnt offer 25k on a 29.9 price. That is 5k less, Normally the markup is not close to that, they dont steal the cars away from people to trade them in(well at least most of the time they dont). And second, I just wouldnt talk about how you are going to pay for the car until the deal is set, if they continue to ask you, just tell them you aren't sure but wouldnt be against financing, even though youve got the cash....to get the better deal...
Old 05-27-06 | 11:22 AM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

ok thanks for the tips once again minty. so u think roughly around and about 27K? is that fair enough i just dont want to be the a$$hole who pay to much for a car. im just use to dealing with private parties, it's usually easier and smoother. at time me and the seller go out for lunch and talk about cars, etc. i believe this is my first purchase from the dealership come to think about it. but you gotta start somewhere
Old 05-27-06 | 11:33 AM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

If I were you I'd buy the L-Tuned 98 in the vehicle classifieds here. It's got all the stuff you'll end up wanting to do already done and is reasonably priced. There definitely is something to be said about a local buy even though I drove to NY to buy mine and I live near DC...

my 0.02