GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I Hate Rats

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-06, 03:44 PM
phantastik
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Hate Rats

this is my first time posting here on clublexus and i never thought that i will put this on here my abs, vsc, vsc off and brake light came on. so i used the search button and i read that it was something call the master cylinder so i happend to take my car to auto zone to check if any errors code came up and nothing came up but the lights where still on, since i was getting my timing belt serpentine belt and water pump change i kinda told my friend to check what was wrong with it. well to a make the story a little short, after i picked the car from the shop i open the hood to make sure nothing was missing and to make sure they did the job so where the abs pump is i see rat poop and tree of my wires where chewed up i was so relieved that i didnt have to pay no 2 grand to get it fix i just spliced the wires together and didnt even bother to take pictures of it. but does anyone know a way to keep them stupid rats off my car. by the way i live in new york
Old 05-26-06, 03:47 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to CL, and sorry to hear about the rat problem. Unfortunately, sometimes things like that cant be avoided, and Ive read in the past how those little rodents find their way into the engines and just mess everything up. Hopefully it wont cost to much to get those wires and what not repaired/replaced.
Old 05-26-06, 04:33 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Welcome to CL, glad you got the problem taken care of. Not sure of how to prevent rats from getting in the car though
Old 05-26-06, 04:38 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Welcome to CL
Old 05-26-06, 07:44 PM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Welcome to CL, glad to hear problems are resolved.
Old 05-26-06, 09:27 PM
vborder
Lead Lap

Welcome also.....You can try setting mad sticky pads under your car beside the wheels
haha..darn that was a silly suggestion
Old 05-26-06, 09:43 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phantastik
this is my first time posting here on clublexus and i never thought that i will put this on here my abs, vsc, vsc off and brake light came on. so i used the search button and i read that it was something call the master cylinder so i happend to take my car to auto zone to check if any errors code came up and nothing came up but the lights where still on, since i was getting my timing belt serpentine belt and water pump change i kinda told my friend to check what was wrong with it. well to a make the story a little short, after i picked the car from the shop i open the hood to make sure nothing was missing and to make sure they did the job so where the abs pump is i see rat poop and tree of my wires where chewed up i was so relieved that i didnt have to pay no 2 grand to get it fix i just spliced the wires together and didnt even bother to take pictures of it. but does anyone know a way to keep them stupid rats off my car. by the way i live in new york

yo.. MOVE.. lol but honestly, how long was your car sitting that this was able to happen. a few years ago when i stored my old turbo'd civic for the winter, mice/rats got up under my hood in that, built a cozy little home in my ac/heat evaporator core and fan unit... long story short, come mid winter when i had to move it to a friends garage and needed to turn the heat on for the ride, the fan turned on and chopped the little boogers into minced meat...all nice and chunky way down in a spot where you could never clean out..blood was dripping in the passenger footwell and the **** and crap and dead mouse/rat that my fan chopped up....obviously i ended up having to replace all that duct work and those connected parts......and you think youre chewed up wire situation was bad hahaaa... ANYWAY- start your car once a day, and if it has to sit, box of moth ***** opened up wedge them somewhere under the hood and close it back up, just make sure you take the box out before you drive the thing again
Old 05-27-06, 01:31 AM
elclassico
Lead Lap

Default f_ck Rats

Put a bunch of rat traps around your car, dont forget the cheddar...
Old 05-27-06, 06:21 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

down here in south florida during the winter months we do get alittle cold at night so the field mice tend to try and find a way into our garages for warmth.. i too once over the winter found just once some rat poop across my engine cover.. what i did was spray alittle pesticide yes ant and roach killer across my engine bay and they never returned .. ever.. rats have sensative noses for thats how they find their food so once they get a wiff of the pesticide they dont come back
Old 05-27-06, 08:34 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

WELCOME
Old 05-27-06, 05:10 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy Rats in engine compartment

Go to a feed store and get some rat poison that comes in a bar.
You can break off pieces of it and stick them inside the engine compartment.
I had this problem with a Camry and the parts guy told me about this method.
The rats need to gnaw on stuff and they gnaw on this rat poison and then die.
Sounds goofy but it worked for me

Ivan
3dog
Old 05-28-06, 04:23 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

New York and rats....get a box of moth *****...put some in a mesh bags....then place the bags in your engine bay where it dont impede any moving parts....rats hate the smell of moth *****....it works.

Poison is great....just hope it doesnt die in your engine bay.

Pete