GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My car got broken into last nite :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-06, 05:13 PM
MrJAAY
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My car got broken into last nite :(

My car got broken into last nite....they stole everything.... omg

my alpine d900 deck, my alpine headrests.... 400$cash, cc cards. bank card, social insurance card, everthing.... sony cyber shot cam, my chipped ps2.... full sound system, total around 4grand USD worth of stuff...

they broke into my window and like a peice of cake stole everything....

they cut my factory alarm like 1,2,3...my horn was cut, Factory alarm sux ****s man...

the funny thing is i went last week 2 put a compustar alarm in and they told me i need 2 keys...i've lost my valet key and 1 original key...so i was unable 2 do the install.... man oh man,
so ironic....

i was soo drunk and tired that i didn't even hear the alarm go off....

Im sooo mad, the cops are like 99% of the time we can't find the people responsible...and i don't wanna claim through insurance since they hate me already.... and i don't want my rates 2 go up... i'm already having a hard time finding insurance, let alone this...

i feel so violated..... On my own driveway!
Old 05-30-06, 05:20 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Does cali allow people to own hand guns? man sorry for your loss, don't you wish you could of been there and caught who ever it was in the act, here in chicago you get one hell of a beat down for that kinda crap. File it with your insurance, it wasen't your fault just make sure you get a police report, I don't think your rates should go up because of this, you probably will pay the deductable.
Old 05-30-06, 05:23 PM
pLaTiNuMGS
Driver School Candidate

Damn, sorry to hear that. That's crazy because it makes you feel like what's the point of doing anything to your car. You put massive time and money into your car then some a**hole comes and strips your car. Word up, I *****ing hate theives!
Old 05-30-06, 05:28 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Theft!!!!

I'm sorry to hear this about your car! This must be every members worst fear!

Last edited by Wringo; 05-31-06 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-30-06, 07:04 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I think its time to install a Viper . Also, don't forget to add the hidden battery. So if they manage to pull off your car battery, the alarm will still sound off. What is most important is a proximity sensor that will set the alarm off if someone is too close. Someone peeping into tinted windows with their head on the glass is sure to set the alarm off. Make sure to install the 130dB in-car sirens so they won't be able to hear or think if they smash in the glass and try to disable the alarm. Oh, while you're at it get the ultra high output sirens for the outside 135-140dB!
It also pages you if your car is being screwed with, but I don't think this will help much if you are **** drunk

Anways, an alarm like this should keep the thieves away
Old 05-30-06, 07:27 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Holy crap! This is a sad day.
Old 05-30-06, 07:38 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, sorry to hear about your misfortune. It never ceases to amaze me that there are people in this world that go to such extremes as to steal from people like this. I hope your are able to recover some of the stuff, or at a minimum, hopefully your insurance will cover some of it.
Old 05-30-06, 07:39 PM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

Sad to hear. In response to the question "does california allow you to own a gun?" In some places, but try to use one and the liberals in this state will make the a hole stealing your car out to be the victum. Thats why I have gathered up everything I need to put in a video servalence system in my driveway, so at least I can have proff of who done the crime. I even got cameras with nightvision and audio, all to hook up to a timelaps recorder. And when its all hooked up, I can check out my car from my recliner, since it will be wired up to my bigscreen. That way I can periodicly check up on my baby.
Old 05-30-06, 08:02 PM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

Originally Posted by EFMJR
Sad to hear. In response to the question "does california allow you to own a gun?" In some places, but try to use one and the liberals in this state will make the a hole stealing your car out to be the victum. Thats why I have gathered up everything I need to put in a video servalence system in my driveway, so at least I can have proff of who done the crime. I even got cameras with nightvision and audio, all to hook up to a timelaps recorder. And when its all hooked up, I can check out my car from my recliner, since it will be wired up to my bigscreen. That way I can periodicly check up on my baby.
sound like tony montona with all of that high tech stuff. sorry to hear about your car. that is one thing i fear the most when modding a car
Old 05-30-06, 08:04 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Dam man I know exactly how you feel I had that same feeling when someone keyed my car SORRY Bro
Old 05-31-06, 05:07 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
I think its time to install a Viper . Also, don't forget to add the hidden battery. So if they manage to pull off your car battery, the alarm will still sound off. What is most important is a proximity sensor that will set the alarm off if someone is too close. Someone peeping into tinted windows with their head on the glass is sure to set the alarm off. Make sure to install the 130dB in-car sirens so they won't be able to hear or think if they smash in the glass and try to disable the alarm. Oh, while you're at it get the ultra high output sirens for the outside 135-140dB!
It also pages you if your car is being screwed with, but I don't think this will help much if you are **** drunk

Anways, an alarm like this should keep the thieves away
Sorry to hear about that man. Damn crooks . In time you can replace those items. DEI alarms Viper/Clifford/Hornet/Python with the pager is the way to go
Old 05-31-06, 05:30 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is exactly why i dont leave $400 in cash, social security cards, credit cards, whatever else you left in the car in my car when i leave it, ever. its just not worth losing all that, and now all the identity theft issues you have to take care of. i mean do you even realize now that you have to call all your cc's and have your credit monitored now for years too for any NEW cards and accounts that get activated under your name...for god knows how long now since they have all your info...the best bet for you now is to get in touch with the "big 3" major credit bureaus and tell them that all of your personal info has been stolen, and that you need to be contacted when new applications for credit or new accounts are opened under your name. sucks, but this is the reality of today;....its too bad you had to get s h it faced and leave all that stuff in your car.....and if you didnt leave it all in there because you were drunk, and you just always leave it in there...sorry bro but thats your own fault man, you cant give anyone the benefit of the doubt anymore, people are grimey EVERYwhere now......im serious about that credit situation too, you might think im joking but im not..if you dont do what i said youll end up going to apply for a loan or something in a year or two and youll get flat out denied because your credit score is down to like 200 or something because whoever stole all your info will have destroyed it by then..so GET ON THAT....all you need is a name and a social sec. and you can do soooo much damage, on top of that they obviously have your address, etc, they can even start stealing straight from your mail now if they have things sent to your HOUSE!
last but not least, crimestopper does NOT need two keys with their alarms,get one of those. they make a bypass control module that simulates the key being in the ignition at the time the car is remote started or disarmed (this is why they were telling you they needed two keys, smaller companies havent manufactured this technology yet) but ONLY thru the pager system that comes with the setup alarm/remote start. this means this box will not be active when someone tries to steal your **** so it doesnt lessen security at all, again only works when the signal is sent from the pager to the car to start it...... crimestopper is basically one of the best alarm/remote start companies out and i def recommend getting one of those...the one installed in my car can be found here: http://www.crimestopper.com/pager05.htm#Informer .. who ever told you you could not have an alarm because of the key issue is obviously very limited in knowledge about this type of stuff or only wanted to push a very specific product instead of trying to help you out.
Old 05-31-06, 06:16 AM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Make your insurance claim and get on with your life, that's why you're paying for it. I'm truly sorry about what happened and I do understand how you feel. Once, my home was broken into and vandalized while we were out of town, every thing was gone through. Walls were kicked in, windows broken, TV smashed. Talk about feeling violated. Turned out to be some pre-teens just having "fun".
Old 05-31-06, 06:34 AM
nlspears
Rookie

Originally Posted by vicestan
Does cali allow people to own hand guns? man sorry for your loss, don't you wish you could of been there and caught who ever it was in the act, here in chicago you get one hell of a beat down for that kinda crap. File it with your insurance, it wasen't your fault just make sure you get a police report, I don't think your rates should go up because of this, you probably will pay the deductable.
What good is a gun if he is sleep and doesn't hear a thing. Even if he did catch them, he couldn't shoot them. At least that is the law here in Michigan. Actually, I think you could in Texas. I have a CCW and from what my LEO buddys say. There is a slim line between a legal vs illegal use of my gun. Therefore, only if my or my family's lives depended on it would I use my gun.

Let's look on the bright side. They didn't take the car at least.
Old 05-31-06, 07:57 AM
roostinds
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear about your loss. I know how it feels. They actually broke into my garage in my condo and stole a bunch of stuff. That is why I don't go blasting my system around my neighborhood and if I do in the streets I make sure that no one follows me home. Been jacked way too many times. I think that the best thing to get is a drive way monitor. It is a sensor that is put outside that most people won't realize to see and if someone passes that sensor then it sends a loud chime to a recieving unit in the house. This thing is loud too. Will wake you up in the middle of the night.

Quick Reply: My car got broken into last nite :(