GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Beats having an SC!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-06, 07:51 PM
GS42NV
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beats having an SC!

After 8 months of searching, I've finally found my ride. Its a '98 GS400 w/ 90k miles. Picked it up for 15k here in So Cal. 90k service was just completed, with front brakes and tires all around. We just did the rear brakes yesterday, and man does she stop just as fast as she runs. The interior is immaculate, with sheepskin covers on the two front chairs. The covers are better than I would've expected. It actually helps keep the car cooler in the day (its been over 100 these past two days), and its been professionaly installed, so it doesnt ride up and down. Kinda reminds me of one of those 1960's pimp mobiles, so I'll take it off during the winter.

The car's never been into an accident, and the pics can explain the condition of the car. Full mobil synthetic oil changes for the past few years. I reallly do feel lucky to have found a car like this, and hope it'll last me a few years.

Me and my road buddy lexiss_sc400 held a photoshoot today. Obviously he's the one with the SC. We did a run, and i'm about 1-1/2 to 2 cars ahead of him to about 95-100. Looks like he's gonna do NOS to catch up hehe, but then I might just have to re-tune the car with SAFC2 and see who's who ahahahaha.

Here's my official introduction, let me know if you can spot the first mod?!?!?!?!

Old 06-03-06, 07:52 PM
GS42NV
Pole Position

Old 06-03-06, 07:53 PM
GS42NV
Pole Position

here's a video of the new car as well...... sounds soooo niceeee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSO73vjtvWg

well i've already bought the exhaust, and thats going on next week. 01+ tail lights are next. And once I find a used black spoiler thats going on ASAP.

hope you guys enjoyed the pics. let me know what you guys think, good or bad

P.S. my first mod was the DIY chrome grill. My friend spent two hours yesterday scrubbing it down for me and making it look great.
Old 06-03-06, 08:02 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea that stupid Grill kicked my butt, it took us a long time, but after 3 blisters.. kinda burned myself but that’s besides the point, it was finished... it could have been done a little bit cleaner but I gave up, lol

and yea about the race my beast kept up well... and the 2nd run eman hit the rev limiter on 2nd so we were dead even ... the SC's still better

Over all its a very sick car and a good buy..... ohhh and does it pull... damn that VVT-i

-Tommy
Old 06-03-06, 08:19 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the purchase. Any more mods planned?
Old 06-03-06, 08:46 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

congrats on the purchase! Very nice pics too, that one of you guys at the stop sign...how did you pull that off with noone in the cars??
Old 06-03-06, 10:02 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Shaggadelic seats LOL. Mine had some when I bought it also, weird for CALI. I was happy they were on there though. No one ever sat on the real leather til I bought it. Kinda like they were waiting for me
Old 06-04-06, 02:35 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on getting your GS Eman, glad to hear the deal went through. So that's what the CSUN parking structure looks like huh?
Old 06-04-06, 03:13 AM
GS42NV
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Congrats on the purchase. Any more mods planned?
yes sir i do. the exhaust is on its way. ill pick up a set of 01+ lights from someone on the board that is upgrading to the JP's. Personally, I like the O***ness of the 01+ better. And as soon as i can find the OEM trunk spoiler that wiill be place on as well.

From there my friends, I will be paying off the car. Not gonna do anything crazy for about a year til its paid off, which at that time i can begin on the list of mods i've already doomed myself with.
Old 06-04-06, 03:15 AM
GS42NV
Pole Position

Originally Posted by markgs4
congrats on the purchase! Very nice pics too, that one of you guys at the stop sign...how did you pull that off with noone in the cars??
well we both rolled our cars up to the stop sign, and tommy ran up the parking structures stairs to the roof. I high tailed my butt out of the pic, and tommy took a couple. We got lucky, we went to our school on a saturday after school's already been out, so it was absolutely empty. Not a car rolled down this street in the 5 minutes we spent on this shot.
Old 06-04-06, 03:18 AM
GS42NV
Pole Position

Originally Posted by svt5150
Shaggadelic seats LOL. Mine had some when I bought it also, weird for CALI. I was happy they were on there though. No one ever sat on the real leather til I bought it. Kinda like they were waiting for me
lol ... im probably gonna wait til winter to take them off. They seemes professionally done with the covers going into the actual seat brackets. Im currently in between if i like it or not too. On one side you're protecting the leather from the heat and glare of the sun, as well as the normal wear and tear of muah driving it. or, you can have the non-fur look, and be PETA certified.

looks like were probably waiting til the winter.
Old 06-04-06, 05:17 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice cars and pics but the sheepskins have got to go.
Old 06-04-06, 01:07 PM
GS42NV
Pole Position

haha i know i know .... im just gonna keep it on during the summer to protect the leather, and take it off once it cools down in the winter. its just been sooo hot these past few days, and its only gonna get worse as summer progresses. it keeps the car cool, so i cant reallly diss them.

they do look shagadelic though lol.
Old 06-04-06, 03:34 PM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

congrats on the purchase man. Looks good.
Old 06-04-06, 04:08 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chuckb
nice cars and pics but the sheepskins have got to go.
yeah those seat covers bring the class level of the car down 100% what it was without them..when i saw the pic i just laughed... take em off..wait till winter? in cali? dont make excuses just rip them off and burn them now!!!

Quick Reply: Beats having an SC!