GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Official JP/Quest/Wise/CarsonTuned LED Taillight Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-06 | 11:36 AM
V8_MPG
Pole Position

I got mine today, I'll slap them on the car later and I'll take better pics.

Old 06-22-06 | 08:09 PM
GSXLEX
Racer

OK..who has the photo skillz??We need to get an album of each color together for quick comparison..Keep em coming!!
Old 06-22-06 | 11:27 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

I respect your new tail light mod but I think your rear end is getting too busy. The gold emblems, the wing, the white/clear light...

hmm.. Maybe I have bad taste.
Old 06-23-06 | 12:30 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Default Bad Taste

Originally Posted by josephdoc

I respect your new tail light mod but I think your rear end is getting too busy. The gold emblems, the wing, the white/clear light...

hmm.. Maybe I have bad taste.
You should see all the stickers I plan on putting on my busy rear end.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. I do have plans to get the LED centers when they come available though. Hope you'll like that. All the gold, the wing, the tail lights will remain b/c I like it. Not too busy for me. Btw, the gold Aristo emblem was a gift from the wifie. That's why I have not bebadged.
Will
Old 06-23-06 | 02:10 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Interesting. A gold trunk bar. Pretty rare
I dunno, gold lettering isnt really my cup of tea, I wouldn't put it on my car.
My parents have it on the LX470 and I think it looks ok on there. I guess its just the car and color combo that determines if the gold is ok or not.

Now people that put gold emblems on a Camry, Accord, or Taurus

Just wondering though, how much longer are the tail lights going to stay at this price? I want to get them, but won't have the cash for another month or two. I have a stash of money set aside for the JP/Wise tail fund

May I suggest another groupbuy down the road. When the LED inners come out....package deal anyone?
Old 06-23-06 | 06:56 AM
lalexusgs
Advanced

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Interesting. A gold trunk bar. Pretty rare
I dunno, gold lettering isnt really my cup of tea, I wouldn't put it on my car.
My parents have it on the LX470 and I think it looks ok on there. I guess its just the car and color combo that determines if the gold is ok or not.
Gold package on jade green (and maybe only on green) looks just right. I have the same (gold on green) setup and love it. I specifically chose this combination at the dealership, because it stood out of the crowd of light color/chrome GSs. But, of course, it's all the matter of personal preferences and tastes.
Old 06-23-06 | 01:26 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up Gold On Jade.

Originally Posted by lalexusgs
Gold package on jade green (and maybe only on green) looks just right. I have the same (gold on green) setup and love it. I specifically chose this combination at the dealership, because it stood out of the crowd of light color/chrome GSs. But, of course, it's all the matter of personal preferences and tastes.

This is the only color, other than black, that I would put a gold package on. If it did not match up so well, I would have changed to the black chrome emblems already. Still considering it though.
And yeah, gold trunk bar is very rare. I do not recall seeing another one.
Btw, thanks for the comments and complements guys.

Last edited by TAMR_GUS98; 06-27-06 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-23-06 | 04:26 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98

This is the only color, other than black, that I would put a gold package on. If it did not match up so well, I would have changed to the black chrome emblems already. Still considering it though.
And yeah, gold trunk bar is very rare. I do not recall seeing another one.
Btw, thanks for the comments and comlements guys.
Bruddah Will....my cars twin is looking crazy hot with the new lights!!! Man I have a lot of catching up to do instead of identical twins, my car is starting to look more like a paternal twin next to yours LOL!!

Seriously though, your car is looking sweet!! Way to represent the imperial jade green famz!
Old 06-23-06 | 04:47 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Default Imperial Jade Mica.

Originally Posted by markgs4
Bruddah Will....my cars twin is looking crazy hot with the new lights!!! Man I have a lot of catching up to do instead of identical twins, my car is starting to look more like a paternal twin next to yours LOL!!

Seriously though, your car is looking sweet!! Way to represent the imperial jade green famz!
Thanks for the complements Brudda' Mark.

Speaking of HAWWT IJM.
Just found this.
Old 06-23-06 | 04:55 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Thanks for the complements Brudda' Mark.

Speaking of HAWWT IJM.
Just found this.
Yeah, I saw that one in that merged IMJ thread a while back...thats one is already saved to the computer
Old 06-23-06 | 09:40 PM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSXLEX
I have the "Cold weather" JDM inners.They are different from the stock inners.They actually match pretty well with the light pattern of the LEDs and the housings are an exact match..Hard to tell in pix though..
can you take a picture with the cold weather inners on? i cant tell the difference unless they are lit. man i wish i had my gs4 again..cuz i would have these on in a second! has anyone put an led bulb in the "inner" tail light so that it matched the outer led tails?
Old 06-27-06 | 05:55 AM
AmooManiaK
Driver

I installed the new tails and love them. I do think that the inner ones look pretty dumb next to the LEDs, but the lights on the rear spoiler match the LEDs perfectly.

So I was thinking, what does everything think about tinting ONLY the inner lights? I have a white GS and I'm really wondering what it would look like.
Old 06-27-06 | 04:33 PM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

I guess I should update here as well..

Old 06-27-06 | 04:43 PM
LexFather

What a great thread. THANKS FOR THE POST HAMEED!!!!
Old 06-30-06 | 11:25 AM
dwoods420
Lead Lap

Hello,
I was looking on ebay and found a seller who has these lights. He is also selling the inner LED if anyone is interested and does not want to wait for the GB.
Here is a link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=008
(also I am not the seller. JUst saw the auction and thought I would point it out).

Quick Reply: Official JP/Quest/Wise/CarsonTuned LED Taillight Thread