GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Drifting with Gs300

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-06, 12:06 PM
ib_jimmy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drift the hell out of my GS3 with stock suspension...but lately i've just been waiting for a rainy day to go out and play.
Old 06-20-06, 12:18 PM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ib_jimmy
I drift the hell out of my GS3 with stock suspension...but lately i've just been waiting for a rainy day to go out and play.
hahah thats what im talkin bout!!!! im on bags.. once day i destroyed my front fender sliding thru a light ... was a lil too low opened up that fender like a can of sardines.. thank god i was a lil buzzed at the time made it funny not sad
Old 06-20-06, 12:19 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

you guys are funny

is it really drifting or are we just powersliding

i have a very rigid susp setup and i find it hard to drift , power slide sure but drift no way
Old 06-20-06, 12:35 PM
djjt
Lead Lap

well in rain its a little better for the suspension but... still not recommended on stock setup

snow, all the way hehe.
Old 06-20-06, 12:43 PM
ib_jimmy
Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
you guys are funny

is it really drifting or are we just powersliding

i have a very rigid susp setup and i find it hard to drift , power slide sure but drift no way
i dont power slide...u dont know where u're gonna end up doing that. i've drifted it in the day time before but its usually just a corner...but it the rain its full drifting with the wheels turning the other way and back sliding with total speed control. dont even have to gas it that hard in the rain. even did a few faint drift into a 2 lane road. it look like its gonna rain today in Dallas you know what that mean.
Old 06-20-06, 12:58 PM
Yoko
Driver

Cool.

I think RS*R or some other company has a drift Gs3.
Old 06-20-06, 01:15 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

You just need a lil bit of speed to get it going

Make sure you practice in a BIIIG parking lot when the ground is wet

Since FF3 came out, I'm just waiting for a pileup of ricers at a turn when a group of them try to "drift" e-brake fwd style....lololol.
Old 06-20-06, 01:19 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I better keep my car off the street so its not broadsided by these drifters
Old 06-20-06, 01:24 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DruMnBaSS
hahah thats what im talkin bout!!!! im on bags.. once day i destroyed my front fender sliding thru a light ... was a lil too low opened up that fender like a can of sardines.. thank god i was a lil buzzed at the time made it funny not sad
Wait you were drifting on the road and to add to it, you were drinking? I'm not going to start an argument or anything because that'd be a waste of time but please becareful. High performance driving in the street/traffic is already dangerous and to add to the fact that you were buzzed is very alarming.

Back on topic, as the other members have told you already, drifting is possible in the GS3/4/43. However, you need the proper suspension setup and enough power in order to complete a full drift. You can go sideways in the GS with the stock setup but technically, you're not drifting. You're simply powersliding the car.

If you want to experiment with this, go to an empty parking lot and push your car around at it's limits. But becareful. You may be in an empty parking lot but anything can happen. Always mind your surroundings and know when you should stop. There's no reason to play daredevil with a $30k car or with your life.

If you want to know more about drifting with a GS, check out HKS & *** Taniguchi's drifting Aristo.

*** Taniguchi's Drifting Aristo

Old 06-20-06, 01:28 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianGS430
Wait you were drifting on the road and to add to it, you were drinking? I'm not going to start an argument or anything because that'd be a waste of time but please becareful. High performance driving in the street/traffic is already dangerous and to add to the fact that you were buzzed is very alarming.

Back on topic, as the other members have told you already, drifting is possible in the GS3/4/43. However, you need the proper suspension setup and enough power in order to complete a full drift. You can go sideways in the GS with the stock setup but technically, you're not drifting. You're simply powersliding the car.

If you want to experiment with this, go to an empty parking lot and push your car around at it's limits. But becareful. You may be in an empty parking lot but anything can happen. Always mind your surroundings and know when you should stop. There's no reason to play daredevil with a $30k car or with your life.

If you want to know more about drifting with a GS, check out HKS & *** Taniguchi's drifting Aristo.

*** Taniguchi's Drifting Aristo

agreed

i met taka ueno in atlanta last year and we talked for awhile about the sport of drifitng and lets just say "it aint easy to do real drifiting"
Old 06-20-06, 01:33 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Rys Millen is my favorite drifter with that insane GTO. It is not an easy task to drift. It takes a lot of handbrake action which our cars don't have. It will be more powerslideing as stated above
Old 06-20-06, 01:45 PM
JMgs300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Plus the E-Brakes on our cars is on the floor... most of the hondas, nissans and other drifting cars have the hand E-Brakes.
Old 06-20-06, 02:30 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just go out there and do it.

and...

ignore that annoying beeping noise.
Old 06-20-06, 05:34 PM
AZ-GS300
Lead Lap

I'm still trying to figure out the difference between drifting and power sliding. They both look remarkably similar to me.
Old 06-20-06, 06:41 PM
tonysofly
Pole Position

i've done it for the hell of it with, stock suspension and before i put the 20's on, at 80 mph on a rainy day in an empty parking lot of course. my friends got a recording of it, once he comes back from his summer trip. i'll be sure to post up the video of it. it was pretty fun. i ate up at least 20% of my tread in less than an hour.

Quick Reply: Drifting with Gs300