GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Drifting with Gs300

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-06, 08:16 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
You guys interested in drifting should look for some old posts with videos by Lexusrules (sasha) from the old days. Outfitted his mom's GS300 up in Canada with some stiff coilovers and was sliding around corners five years ago
I was waiting for someone to bring up Sasha...lol. And I think he was around 16 yrs old at the time. BEFORE any crap Hollywood movie about drifting.
Old 06-22-06, 08:38 PM
ARISTO 161
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

HEY DUDE, as long as i'm around, DO NOT go and drift in parking lots or anywhere public. YOU are out of line if you do that. Why add fire to the bad look of the import scene?? You may be the reason why cops are on the prowl these couple of days, along with the movie. IF you DO DECIDE to go drifting, go to a sanctioned drift event, where there it is legal and there are people there to teach you or save you with paramedics and firefighters. IF you decide to just go drift on some street or lot, dont even think about posting it up. You will be flamed. ill make sure u are.
Old 06-22-06, 09:25 PM
bowsercake
Driver School Candidate

Word, plus, drifting is lame, especially in a luxury car. You're not only making yourself look like an *** by drifting, but you're bringing down the Lexus community.
Old 06-22-06, 10:35 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Drifting Aristo.

Originally Posted by BrianGS430
Wait you were drifting on the road and to add to it, you were drinking? I'm not going to start an argument or anything because that'd be a waste of time but please becareful. High performance driving in the street/traffic is already dangerous and to add to the fact that you were buzzed is very alarming.

Back on topic, as the other members have told you already, drifting is possible in the GS3/4/43. However, you need the proper suspension setup and enough power in order to complete a full drift. You can go sideways in the GS with the stock setup but technically, you're not drifting. You're simply powersliding the car.

If you want to experiment with this, go to an empty parking lot and push your car around at it's limits. But becareful. You may be in an empty parking lot but anything can happen. Always mind your surroundings and know when you should stop. There's no reason to play daredevil with a $30k car or with your life.

If you want to know more about drifting with a GS, check out HKS & *** Taniguchi's drifting Aristo.

*** Taniguchi's Drifting Aristo

Just noticed this thing had a parking brake lever. Does anyone know if they just added that. Or is it standard on a right hand drive Aristo.
Old 06-23-06, 05:39 AM
Burton
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Just noticed this thing had a parking brake lever. Does anyone know if they just added that. Or is it standard on a right hand drive Aristo.

Has to be added my Aristo front clip had a foot parking brake. It is probly from a Supra.

Ben
Old 02-13-07, 04:55 PM
DangGS3
Pole Position

freakin tokyo drift sooooooooooooooooo killed driftin... got a whole bunch of stupid kids in civics e-brakin all over the place i started driftin in like 2003 wit my old bmw e30...good timess.... but yea driftin is expensive.. be prepared to pay for alot of parts and repair dings if u decide to get serious with it.
Old 02-13-07, 07:31 PM
magnetik
Pole Position

woah! talk about necro. I saw a lot of cars drifting today... unfortunately I don't think any of them were doing it on purpose. hehe
Old 02-13-07, 07:42 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i took my car to drift session about 3 years ago.. was damn fun and did it on my stockers on JIC coilovers which can be pretty stiff as hell.. was quite some fun on the straightaway accelerating diagonally and the just yanking the steering wheel perpendicular.. got the hang of it and you dont necessarily need a lot of power to drift as long as you can get the wheels to slip.. everyone thought i was crazy and i blew a tire but it sure was worth it.. good times...
Old 02-14-07, 10:29 AM
mrkenji
Lexus Champion

yes it is possible to do a decent powerslide in the parking lot with a gs300. its not necessarily what the car is built for unless you spend all the necessary suspension upgrades and lsd. also a couple of ways to drift is by doing the clutch kick which is a problem because automatic GS300's dont have clutches and also the E-brake pull and the GS e-brake is located as a pedal instead of right next to you so it would not be the same. if you really wanna drift id say pick up a hatchi or a s13 they are cheap and light and that could be your drift car. dont mess up your GS trying to drift.
Old 02-14-07, 03:41 PM
BlackoutGS
Lead Lap

here you go guys, just a vid showing how much fun i have in local parking lots:

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJovZP_IlYM