GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Shaved Side Marker

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-06, 05:55 PM
Nolbi-Wan
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shaved Side Marker

im having some work done on my front bumper and have decided to shave my side markers. What i need to know if will any warning lights come on the dash telling me i have a bulb out? thanks
Old 06-27-06, 05:59 PM
toyotech84
Rookie

I think the warning bulb light is only for REAR brake bulbs out, so you know whats going on behind you
Old 06-27-06, 06:40 PM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you won't get any warning lights. post pics when this gets done.
Old 06-27-06, 07:16 PM
DPK*David
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no warning lights i just had mine done
Old 06-27-06, 07:54 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Thats a good move. post up pics when completed. As others have said no warning lights
Old 06-27-06, 10:27 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

No warning lights but the green bulb out indicator would be on right? Because I have recently just got this green light bulb indicator on the right part of the gauge bezel. I noticed its only on at night so I thought maybe it would be that the auto-headlight sensor on the dash may be broken. After further investigation, it was when the light switch was on and not because it was night time. I looked through the manual and according to that, the green bulb indicator means a front bulb was out so I ruled out the inner/outer taillight and turn signal being out. Turns out that the front passenger side marker bulb is out.

I think you may get that green indicator for front bulb out still.
Old 06-27-06, 10:58 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper408
No warning lights but the green bulb out indicator would be on right? Because I have recently just got this green light bulb indicator on the right part of the gauge bezel. I noticed its only on at night so I thought maybe it would be that the auto-headlight sensor on the dash may be broken. After further investigation, it was when the light switch was on and not because it was night time. I looked through the manual and according to that, the green bulb indicator means a front bulb was out so I ruled out the inner/outer taillight and turn signal being out. Turns out that the front passenger side marker bulb is out.

The green light means that your headlights are on.
Old 06-27-06, 11:27 PM
Nolbi-Wan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Thats a good move. post up pics when completed. As others have said no warning lights
yea ill definately try and get some pics up. Feels good to finally get my TTE lip installed. Cant wait.
Old 06-28-06, 04:48 AM
cyclemax
Lead Lap

It's a longshot, but you might have trouble passing a state inspection test. I know in MA, they are supposed to look at the side markers as part of the inspection. In fact, I had a Maxima that wouldn't pass because it had clear side markers.
Old 06-28-06, 05:23 AM
Nolbi-Wan
Pole Position

yea usually clear side markers are illegal but i dont think they can say anything if you just dont have any. Im sure theres cars that come from the factory that dont have any side markers at all so im not too worried about it.
Old 06-28-06, 06:12 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dave,

You have to sticky this somewhere, has to be in the top 10 for funniest of all time.... WOW!!!
Old 06-28-06, 08:57 AM
bigL
Pole Position

You wont have any warning lights on mine have been out for a couple of years now and I too will be shaving the markers soon.
Old 06-28-06, 03:02 PM
White98ARISTO
Goldmember

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is mine. No warning lights. I also put the JDM Amber sidemarkers on the fenders. I think it looks a lot cleaner.

Tommy
Old 06-28-06, 03:12 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nolbi-Wan
yea ill definately try and get some pics up. Feels good to finally get my TTE lip installed. Cant wait.

Havn't had any side markers for 6 years, because the RMM front deletes it.

Never had a problem with the PO-LICE
Old 06-28-06, 08:21 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Haha! I'm such a no0b! I thought it was weird at first. And coincidentally, my passenger side marker bulb is out so I thought that's why the green bulb indicator is on.. I guess one dumb question deserves another. Why do you really need a green bulb to tell you your headlights are on??? I've owned 4 cars prior to the Lexus and none of them give me an indicator on the dash to tell me they are on. If it's dark outside and you have lighting in front of you... isn't that enough as an indicaton to the driver that the headlights are on??

Quick Reply: Shaved Side Marker