GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Messed up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-06, 09:52 AM
ShaiKmai
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Messed up!!!

Yesterday I got off work about 9pm. It was gettin dark so just hopped and noticed that my driverside mirror was bumped, Didn't think much of it then i noticed that my window wouldn't roll all the way up, I'm thinking WTF!!! So i reach the bbq eat, drink, bs with the family and drive home......Mind that it is 11pm now so i didn't look at my car, got home and as i turn around to admire my car before i get in the house i notice that there is a huge as$ dent from the front fender to the back!!! I'm F-ing pissed some hick **** hit my car!!! maybe not a hick but some bastard!!! so i have this huge dent running the side of my car, This sucks a$$!!! I did notice a larger delivery-truck like vehicle next to my car at lunch, I doubt my workplace has surveillance and there are two freakin bars near my work..... F***
Old 07-04-06, 09:58 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn that sucks!!!! I hope you get some leads on who did it, but if not, hopefully your insurance will take care of you. Good luck...
Old 07-04-06, 11:00 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow that sucks! I always do a walk-around on my car before I get in it. Make sure no keymarks, scratches, or dents.

I hope you get it fixed soon. Although you probably won't be able to find who did it, I wish you luck on doing so!
Old 07-04-06, 11:57 AM
tonysofly
Pole Position

that is horrible news. i always mind who i park next to wherever i go, but sometimes you can't help it if there are ignorant drivers out there. good luck on the fix though!
Old 07-04-06, 12:34 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-04-06, 01:14 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

YIKES....hope insurance will take care of it.

Pete
Old 07-04-06, 01:57 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about that man. Really blows. Hopefully your insurance will cover that and maybe you can do some PI work to find out who did it. Good luck.
Old 07-04-06, 05:50 PM
ShaiKmai
Pit Crew

Insurance is working with me, I had so many plans for my car this summer, this is gonna set me back a little puts a damper into modding, especially when i have my clear side markers and my taillights coming in within the week. Here are pics of the damage

Last edited by Neo; 07-05-06 at 08:21 AM.
Old 07-04-06, 05:55 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

All I can say is OUCH! Man, that is really bad. It looks like someone driving like a pick up truck with the tailgate down pull out next to you and cut it too sharp and just gouged the side. I would be really pissed about that.
Old 07-04-06, 06:03 PM
beez43
Pole Position

OMG OUCH!! it hurts me just to see this yikes.. I hope all goes well for you man and that guy definitely has it coming whoever it may have been.. hope these things get taken care of soon.. yikes..
Old 07-04-06, 06:38 PM
toyotech84
Rookie

HOLY CRAP DUDE!!!!!!!! that really sux man, but not to be a ****, but...........in my maxima when someone put a quarter size dent on the door below the handle i noticed very quickly at 9pm at night after work, I mean your WHOLE side was damaged, how dark was it to not notice it? Either way, im sorry about your damage man.
Old 07-04-06, 06:42 PM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Bummer man., that just sucks. Glad to hear that you have uninsured motorist coverage.
Old 07-04-06, 06:54 PM
ShaiKmai
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by toyotech84
HOLY CRAP DUDE!!!!!!!! that really sux man, but not to be a ****, but...........in my maxima when someone put a quarter size dent on the door below the handle i noticed very quickly at 9pm at night after work, I mean your WHOLE side was damaged, how dark was it to not notice it? Either way, im sorry about your damage man.
I don't know man It was gettin dark and driver side was on the opposite side of the parking lot (angle parked) and i guess i was too excited to get off work and go to a bbq pushed the unlock button and took off...... lessoned learned dude
Old 07-04-06, 07:38 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

People cannot seriously drive. It hurts just to see the damage. I wonder if the driver heard, felt, or knew that he scraped and dented the ***** out of your car. When I had my Honda maybe 6 years ago, this guy backed his huge Ford F-250 into my driver's side front panel while backing out of his driveway. My car was parked accross the street because I was at my friend's house. I came out later and saw the damage and was so pissed! Then I saw that he had left a note underneath the wiper explaining what had happened. He left me with his name and number and said he would pay for the damage after I got an estimate from an auto body shop. I told him that I very much appreciated his honesty. I only had LIABILITY coverage! I wish there were more honest people like him in the world.
Old 07-04-06, 07:55 PM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

Thats messed up man good luck on getting it fixed. Remember what goes around comes around.

Quick Reply: Messed up!!!