GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Unable to Duplicate

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-06, 09:03 AM
Johnny Rad
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Unable to Duplicate

Oh, the dreaded "unable to duplicate" comment from the dealer. I hate it so much that I made a new rule - make a tech ride with me to see / hear / understand my issue. If not, it's too easy for them to decide that they were "unable to duplicate" it. Guess what? I broke my new rule and was rewarded with an "unable to duplicate" response yesterday. I hate it!
Old 07-09-06, 10:06 AM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Road Test!

I make all my hard diag problems take a road test. There is a couple of reasons for this.The first
is a no brainer.This is how I make my money.I fix cars! If a problem in known we will try and find it and fix it. I take pride in my customer satisfaction. I try not to make you or myself waist time. A road test is the best option from a serv consultant point of view. All hands on info is the best to solve most problems. I have lots of customers that cause there own problems and some that
just have no good way to explain there problem. When we are hands on with you it will be
better for everyone. When you service 130 to170 cars a day time is important. When we road test with you we will find out your concern and try and make it happen. If it will not happen then you can drop off the car for more test drives. We want you to be part of the (could not duplicate the concern.)
Old 07-09-06, 12:31 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

everyone knows it won't make that noise or vibration when the tech is with you.
Old 07-09-06, 02:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

yeah actually i think a lot of dealerships are "tired" of people stating problems and they not able to see it as well. so a lot of times they offer road test where a tech will ride the car with you. that helps a lot. i was able to point out at least two times about rattles and such
Old 07-09-06, 06:30 PM
Chpsk8
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealership pretty much instists on having you drive the tech around. I thought it was great they did that. He hopped in the car and slithered around inder the dash while we were on the road hunting down the rattles. He pretty much had them sorted out by the time we returned.

If YOU can duplicate it on command, offer to take the tech for a ride.
Old 05-29-07, 04:00 PM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BRADSGS4
I make all my hard diag problems take a road test. There is a couple of reasons for this.The first
is a no brainer.This is how I make my money.I fix cars! If a problem in known we will try and find it and fix it. I take pride in my customer satisfaction. I try not to make you or myself waist time. A road test is the best option from a serv consultant point of view. All hands on info is the best to solve most problems. I have lots of customers that cause there own problems and some that
just have no good way to explain there problem. When we are hands on with you it will be
better for everyone. When you service 130 to170 cars a day time is important. When we road test with you we will find out your concern and try and make it happen. If it will not happen then you can drop off the car for more test drives. We want you to be part of the (could not duplicate the concern.)

where do you work? maybe i can take mine in to ur shop for my dash rattle
Old 05-31-07, 04:04 PM
tl.nguyen
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BRADSGS4

For real. Im a Tech myself and I hate it when I get a rattle complaint and the customer isnt there to test drive with me. It wastes my time and the customers when I cant duplicate the concern and I really hate sending a vehicle away knowing I couldnt fix it the first time because I couldnt duplicate the concern, then having the customer come back a second time for the same complaint. I always try to ride with the customer when they come in the first time. Please guys.... RIDE WITH THE TECHS BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR A RATTLE COMPLAINT! Saves you and me alot of time.
Old 05-31-07, 04:49 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL, nuff said

German police came up short of stopping a kidnapping when they discovered the "boy" reported to have been thrown into the trunk of a car was actually a dwarf mechanic.

The dwarf, Klaus "Shorty" Mueller, had climbed into the trunk and asked to be driven around so he could find out where a rattling noise was coming from.

But a woman thought it was the abduction of a child and called police
http://www.nypost.com/news/weirdbutt...irdbuttrue.htm