GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

You know you are a GS owner if........

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-06, 12:10 PM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahaha - i love it! Best thread ever! I'm guilty of most of these.
My family, gf, friends, etc.. always get a good workout when I park at the BACK of any parking lot.

Also, how about slowly driving by some ricers knowing that they'de die to have our GS instead of their Civics. hehehe

Last edited by aliti19; 07-14-06 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-14-06, 02:17 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow these are soo true a couple more

1. if.... you park out in the boonies and some P.O.S is parked right next to you
2.if....your sitting at a stoplight and somebody turns in front of you and gets really close and your like man you better watch out
3.if... you change your tailights out more than 2 times and there was nothing wrong with the first pair
4.if... you get mad when you spent all day detailing your car and a bird poops on it
5.if...your girlfriend says to get her a soda when you go into the store and you bring her a water instead
6.if... during hurricane season the only thing your worried about is your car
7. if...you go to a restaurant and get a window seat just to see your car
Old 07-14-06, 03:24 PM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah I should be working but instead Im on here with you GS Brothers!!!

-Right before anyone leaves your car you yell out quick "DONT SLAM THA" but its too late. When that same person asks for a ride again you respond with "aww man, Im not going that way. Sorry"
-When youre walking towards your car and you see a car that is not of the same calibur as yours and the driver shoots you a look like "yeah, Im the poop" you want to walk fast to your car to pull up next to him soo bad
-When you see someone driving a GS and youre in a friends car you want to scream " I HAVE ONE TOO"
-When youre driving someone else's car you wish you had a bumper sticker that reads "Owner of a GS400"
-When anyone brings up any other car you could have bought you have every rebuttal in the book
Finally
-When you see people staring at your car yo make sure they see the light go on by unlocking your car, they look around to see who the owner is and youre face just says "What, oh that? Oh thats just my daily driver...SUCKERS!!!"
Now go back to work!!!
Old 07-14-06, 03:27 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
wow these are soo true a couple more

1. if.... you park out in the boonies and some P.O.S is parked right next to you
2.if....your sitting at a stoplight and somebody turns in front of you and gets really close and your like man you better watch out
3.if... you change your tailights out more than 2 times and there was nothing wrong with the first pair
4.if... you get mad when you spent all day detailing your car and a bird poops on it
5.if...your girlfriend says to get her a soda when you go into the store and you bring her a water instead
6.if... during hurricane season the only thing your worried about is your car
7. if...you go to a restaurant and get a window seat just to see your car
Lexusondubs who is the girl in your sig?
Old 07-14-06, 03:37 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NoS
Lexusondubs who is the girl in your sig?
Jessica Barton
Old 07-15-06, 08:48 AM
AW99GS400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
Jessica Barton
Haha u guys are so right about everything LMAO. BTW any u guys from the Houston area ?
Old 07-16-06, 09:27 PM
GSLexi
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ahhaha so very true.. also, you know you own a GS when:
You go to a drivethru with your friends, and explain that there are hidden cupholders in the back.. after they discover it, you don't allow them to use it

You do not allow anyone to leave their trash in the little trash containers located in the backseat on the doors

When waiting for a green light, you don't allow anyone to outpace you, and when they try, you look over at them, and floor the gas
Old 07-16-06, 09:33 PM
hawk
Driver

when you're thankful for the recessed gauges so that the girlfriend can't see how fast you're going

when you have to let the sober girlfriend drive because you've been drinking, and the entire time you're criticizing her for not watching out for potholes, etc etc.
Old 07-16-06, 09:38 PM
GS Kid 300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hawk
when you're thankful for the recessed gauges so that the girlfriend can't see how fast you're going

when you have to let the sober girlfriend drive because you've been drinking, and the entire time you're criticizing her for not watching out for potholes, etc etc.
Bless those recessed gauges.
Old 07-16-06, 09:50 PM
BLKDOUT430
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IM guilty of rolling the windows down and opening the sunroof when someone wants to see the car and also clong them with the key after they are down drooling on it
Old 07-16-06, 10:30 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Went out with some friends over the weekend and we went downtown. So here are a few more I encountered over the weekend...

You know you are a GS owner if...

-wash the full size spare, even shining the tire up.
-when going to a nice resturuant or club and skip valet and try and try to get parking right in front.
-always offer to drive where ever you and your party is going.
-get the car washed, it rains later that day and pay AGAIN to have it HAND washed and waxed.
-when you park you **** the wheel to the right so when you walk up on the driver side you see that clean, smooth image.
-when going over streams of water and after passing it drive super slow for a good 30 feet so the tires dry off then get back on the gas.

-A Hummer Limo with 4 guys picks up 5 girls out side a club and later that night the girlies want to leave them and just by chance you are right where they get out. So in turn you offer them a ride and end up at another club slamming drinks. At the end of the night you leave with 2 of the 5 girls I L O V E my GS.
Old 07-17-06, 05:12 AM
handzilla
Pit Crew

When you flash your highs beams as you see another GS approaching you on a 2 way street.
Old 07-17-06, 11:10 AM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

...when you cringe at the sight of your gf's sister putting on hand lotion in the back seat and then getting her greasy fingerprints al over the inside & outside of your car door.

(true story - just happened to me last night)
Old 07-17-06, 11:53 AM
InvAsian
Driver

Man I Luv this thread! every item is so freakin true!!!! lolz
This weekend, I was tryin to parrallel park ( So focused tryin to avoid the curb sidewalks of course ) .. n then all of sudden second, I was distracted by my wife ( passenger seat ) and I could feel my right front tires rub against the curb!! Aaaargh!! .... I was so mad!! a white scuffle mark was left on my tire and partially my rim ( very small, couple scratches ) .... I was so upset wit my wife ( she didn't think it was big deal ) ... so when I got home, kicked the cat ( anger & frustration ) and from that moment, everytime i went out to my car, I would check that same scuffle spot! ( even though it hasn't change from the last time i checked it! ) it jus ruined my whole weekend... Haha Thas how much I care about my GS

Last edited by InvAsian; 07-17-06 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-17-06, 12:18 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

haha.. this is funny stuff almost all are true for me lol

Quick Reply: You know you are a GS owner if........