GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Got into an accident : (

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-06 | 06:28 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

it's hard to tell from the pictures, but the damage to the wheel looks mostly cosmetic, maybe bent because the tire has deflated. it might be possible to repair? do you still have the center cap? better go back and find it if's irreplacable...

i'm still worried about how that paseenger door sits. i don't like how it's been pushed back and all that damage to the hinge area...

at least you're still alive and kicking stan. you already know the name of the lexus autowrecker i gave you
Old 07-15-06 | 06:52 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

i don't know if there is anything here you can use from VA?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=226026

there is a repaired passenger fender in the list here from NY:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=221081

hope that helps...
Old 07-15-06 | 08:54 AM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Thanks ben, I already pm'ed all those sellers about parts. Right now I'm waiting for the insurance guy to call me back. Hopefully the car can be repaired back to new. Stan
Old 07-15-06 | 09:11 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

glad to see you're ok man. parts can be replaced but you can't.
Old 07-15-06 | 03:26 PM
nobody
Rookie

DAMN. that looks pretty bad, hope you are okay
Old 07-16-06 | 07:35 PM
eman88
Lead Lap

Ditto...............
Old 07-16-06 | 08:23 PM
tonysofly
Pole Position

good to hear you are ok. the insurance will only cover factory parts, unless you paid extra to cover your aftermarket parts. but it's up to you on how you wanna spend the check they give you. you never know, factory parts pricing may be enough or more than enough for some of your aftermarket stuff.

but if it was the OTHER GUY'S fault, then they definately would have to get your car lookin exactly they way it was before the guy hit you. good luck on finding a good shop to fix it at. i hope everything will turn out ok for you.
Old 07-17-06 | 06:50 AM
minla007
Pole Position

dam son...that pic makes me cringe.....sorry to hear bout your accident, glad you're ok.....i got those stock pieces available if you need them.....

i think u can call up the court and tell them you had a vacation planned already and they can prob reschedule it for u.......

your insurance should cover all your stuff as long as they know that your car isn't stock and that you paid for aftermarket equipment....good luck dude
Old 07-17-06 | 12:10 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Thanks for all the support guy s , I'm trying to make the best out of this whole thing. Does anyone know how much TM engineering charges to replace the front bushing? has anynone done it? Stan.
Old 07-19-06 | 06:15 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Dam I feel your pain
Old 07-19-06 | 11:06 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

stan-

regarding your COURT DATE. you were issued an appearance ticket. if you fill out the back of the ticket either guilty or not guilty you absolutely do NOT need to show up for the date on the ticket. just make sure you mail the ticket in immediately, must be mailed a ways before the date of court. the court will receive your plea and you will then be issued a "trial" date (if you plead not guilty) which will probably be anywhere from a month after the original date of court to a couple months. of course if you decide to plead GUILTY to the issued tickets and fill out the guilty part on the back of the ticket, you will be issued fines and points and will be notified through mail of everything and will be avoiding court all together. to clarify, guilty on the back of the ticket means no court, and judge will determine fines and points, mail you everything. not guilty and ticket sent in means NO court on the date of the ticket, but you WILL receive notice in the mail of your trial date at which you will have to go make a deal with the judge. in my opinion, i dont care if you did it on purpose, you NEVER plead GUILTY, EVER. there are a million different things that can happen to reduce your fine and/or points if you actually take the ticket to trial.. i always bring a lawyer and that usually just ends up resulting in complete dismissal, but other things could happen as well, you catch the judge in a forgiving mood, the cop doesnt show up, he makes a deal with yo uthe day of court and drops points or changes the ticket to a lesser violation.. pleading guilty is just hammering the nails into your own coffin, guilty pleas show up to the judge or court clerk in a stack, they look at a bunch at a time, and depending on what type of coffee they drank that morning and whether or not they got laid the night before, you will most likely be hit with the highest possible fine and the most points, with absolutely no way to contest afterwards. good luck my friend, take it from someone whos been through it waaaaay too many times in the past.
Old 07-19-06 | 01:21 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

this sucks! Been there many times. Dont take any shiat from the ins adjuster and make sure you get enough $$$ from them to get this fixed properly.

The worst part to me about accidents is driving that damn rental for weeks and weeks.

Good luck.
Old 07-19-06 | 01:43 PM
gs4rocks
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ebruce2
this sucks! Been there many times. Dont take any shiat from the ins adjuster and make sure you get enough $$$ from them to get this fixed properly.

The worst part to me about accidents is driving that damn rental for weeks and weeks.

Good luck.
I completely agree with you.
I was first given Kia Spectra, and the next day I changed it to Potiac Grad Prix.
Nothing compared to my GS400 but not too bad for a rental. My car will be in the shop about 2 weeks.