GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

How did you feel before and after getting your gs400/300/430

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-06, 08:34 AM
KC_DC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How did you feel before and after getting your gs400/300/430

2 hours of driving in the hot sun looking for owner of that gs400 listed for sale on cars.com. I finally found the place after much stress. Pull into the dealership, open the door, left foot out first, then my right, finallly my body. Froze there for a minute, enjoy that view....step back into the right first, then body, and then left foot. Took a deep breathe. jumped out this time. Talk to the salesman, inspect it, test drive it, and agree on buying it.

Hey to my fellow lexus owner!!!! Im getting my first car today and its a 98 Gs4 and its this afternoon and i cant wait...i didnt sleep last night, havent eat breakfast yet, and having this lovely, nervous, ticklish feeling inside!!11 ...... i feel pretty gay and weak....like after a bad relationship....where all you can think aobut is taht one thing. And let me stop now before i start bsing some more.

so how did you feel, your experience before and after getting your gs400?
Old 07-15-06, 08:45 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by KC_DC
2 hours of driving in the hot sun looking for owner of that gs400 listed for sale on cars.com. I finally found the place after much stress. Pull into the dealership, open the door, left foot out first, then my right, finallly my body. Froze there for a minute, enjoy that view....step back into the right first, then body, and then left foot. Took a deep breathe. jumped out this time. Talk to the salesman, inspect it, test drive it, and agree on buying it.

Hey to my fellow lexus owner!!!! Im getting my first car today and its a 98 Gs4 and its this afternoon and i cant wait...i didnt sleep last night, havent eat breakfast yet, and having this lovely, nervous, ticklish feeling inside!!11 ...... i feel pretty gay and weak....like after a bad relationship....where all you can think aobut is taht one thing. And let me stop now before i start bsing some more.

so how did you feel, your experience before and after getting your gs400?
Congrats, I can feel your excitement.
My first GS story I had no intentions of buying the car, I was at the dealer looking for floormats

After driving it, I will NEVER forget the grin on my face.

One thing about the GS, you get that feeling EVERY time you get behind the wheel

CONGRATS

Welcome to Clublexus
Old 07-15-06, 12:34 PM
ksu1998
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Where are you at in KC? Congrats!

Welcome to CL

D
Old 07-16-06, 09:12 PM
BLKDOUT430
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats I just Picked up My BLK/BLK 2002 GS430 With NAV 2 days agoI.. I ve been waiting and searching to buy this car for about 9 months. Finally went to look at it in person for the first and bought my first GS. Im in love it.

Old 07-16-06, 09:22 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I know the feeling man. Except when I bought it I had to drive about 3500 miles to get back home - was the most enjoyable drive of my life!! Every morning I would come out to the car and look at it and smile - then spend 12 hours driving, get out, look at it again, smile and go into my hotel!!

Glad you picked it up man - great choice!!

Jonny
Old 07-16-06, 09:45 PM
PlatGS400
Driver

Congrats and welcome to the forum!! I was pretty damn excited the day I brought my car home for the first time. I thought for sure that 'new car excitement' would eventually wear off though......it never did!!

Hey 1sicklex....well you did end up with the floor mats....just a whole new car around them too.
Old 07-16-06, 10:40 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

Welcome to CL.

I was actually looking for a BMW when I happened to stumble on the GS. No regrets what so ever.
Old 07-16-06, 10:50 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by e-diddy
Welcome to CL.

I was actually looking for a BMW when I happened to stumble on the GS. No regrets what so ever.

Same here. I was looking for a black/black 01 540i, but after driving a couple different ones was not pleased. My friend owned a GS400 on rims and I always loved his car, so he let me drive it and well the rest is history. Don't get me wrong BMW drives beautiful and exciting cars, but in this case the GS won me over.
Old 07-17-06, 07:06 AM
Flufferiou
Lead Lap

I remember when I got my first GS3, I was actually shopping for a 5-series. But after one test drive just for kicks, I couldn't resist and signed the papers that day.

Congrats on the car and go Chiefs!
Old 07-17-06, 07:28 AM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SoCal_VIP
Same here. I was looking for a black/black 01 540i, but after driving a couple different ones was not pleased. My friend owned a GS400 on rims and I always loved his car, so he let me drive it and well the rest is history. Don't get me wrong BMW drives beautiful and exciting cars, but in this case the GS won me over.
I know exactly what you mean. I was actually looking for a 330ci but every time I found one, it was either to beat up or the milage was just too high. Then I walked into the dealership one day and the sell guy pointed out the GS to me. They had just gotten it the night before. He said " I know it is not what you're looking for, but what the hell take it for a spin. "

Needless to say I was sold as soon as I got inside.
Old 07-17-06, 08:45 AM
KC_DC
Driver School Candidate

Yo!!!!! we are so alike......i originally had my eyes on them bmws too....i feel so welcome!!!
Old 07-17-06, 09:14 AM
GUNRU-GS4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought a one way ticket from Grand Rapids,MI to Chicago, flew in a blizzard on a tiny little plane,
met a fellow CL member at the airport, and bought the GS400. Drove home happy
Old 07-17-06, 10:00 AM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

I bought my '99 GS4 off ebay from a dealer in New Jersey. I had never driven a GS4 before, but had taken my friend's GS3 for a spin and fell in love. Four days after the auction close I was on a red eye to Philly, picked up my new baby and drove back to AZ. I have loved every minute of it and I smile every morning when I start her up.

I spent a night at the local track this weekend watching guys race EVOs, drifing 240s and all sorts of other crazy rides. I was thinking about how cool it would be to have one of these "race cars", but when I left and drove my GS home I realized how much I love her. She'll never be the fastest, she'll never beat a Corvette around a track, but no other car comes close to looks, style and comfort. The GS will take first place every time ... well, except for the SC430 ... I have a weekness for them.
Old 07-17-06, 11:04 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I originally wanted a 540i 6spd, but people here are wanting too much for it. I had to settle for second so I got the GS400 instead.

1999 Lexus GS400
-Stock

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page.
Old 07-17-06, 11:16 AM
ksu1998
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Same here Gsteg , but the Lexus won't break. Or maybe I know more about Toyota then BMW. Anyway I felt much better about a Lexus out of warranty then a BMW

Quick Reply: How did you feel before and after getting your gs400/300/430