GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My First Time Getting Pulled Over By the Cops

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-06, 12:22 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckb
the cop pulled you over in his Altima? LOL. at least he didn't get too jealous and give you a ticket
Well...I had to make a left turn into my subdivision....so I had to slow down..plus, I saw his dome lights flashing in my rear view mirror. Since then, I've been keeping my speed in check.
Old 07-21-06, 01:55 PM
SloGS3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta say Im glad to live in Florida, no front tag, no emissions, pretty ladies, what more can you ask for. I got issues with tint sometimes, i get pulled over for having it, but i just tell the cops that i bought the car exactly the way it sits and that i wasnt aware of the fact that my tint is illegal(5%) all around. Works like a charm
Old 07-21-06, 02:23 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Celsior Master
I was driving home from work in the gs, and i see a police car in front of me at the intersection of valley and fremont. I thought to myself, I'm behind him so im safe. But just to be safe i stay in the lane next to his so im not directly behind him. Then the light turns green and the policeman starts driving suuuuper slowww... like 5mph. Crap, what can i do. so i just drive normal speed... and then he pulls behind me and flashes the lights... "License and registration" he says. So i get out of my car to go to my trunk to get my stuff (i just came from the boeing gym and all my stuff is in my bag in the trunk. then he says,"You don't have any guns back there do you?" crappp... i don't have guns, but i have an telescoping baton back there... so i open the trunk part way and use my body to block as much of his vision as i can...

So... after all the mumbo jumbo talk, he says you have no front plate, your front windows are tinted and you can't have the white thing (White Junction Produce Fusa, better recognize! )hanging from your mirror. Then i ask him how much the fine is for the tint and he says he doesn't know... then he says "i know it ruins the lines of your car but put ur plate back on and take off the tint... because you were so cool with me, ur not going to get a ticket... WHEWWW...

Lesson of the day: when you see the cops, roll down your tinted windows before they see you and never drive in front of a police car

wow, i hope youre not actually going to take the tint off. wait until you get pulled over for it again, and then just pay the fine and hope you dont get pulled over every day. you paid good money to get that tint installed (unless it came on the car) and you probably like it exactly the way it is- its worth it if you need or want the tint on the car just leave it and deal with the cops when they bother you. ive always paid up instead of removing the tint on the rare occasions ive been pulled over and actually written for it... as far as the front plate goes, ive been riding around with mine off in ny (illegal) for over 4 years.. i got pulled over for it a few weeks ago, the fines less then $100, plus 9 times out of 10 you plead not guilty the cop doesnt show and the ticket gets thrown out anyway... but if youre really worried make a compromise.. put the front plate back on, leave the tint on the car, chances are they wont give you a second glance and notice your windows and everything else if they dont see a missing front plate and start grilling you from there on to the rest of your car just looking for other excuses to pull you over.
Old 07-21-06, 03:32 PM
salimshah

Received 1,084 Likes on 976 Posts

I was driving home from work in the gs, and i see a police car in front of me at the intersection of valley and fremont. I thought to myself, I'm behind him so im safe. But just to be safe i stay in the lane next to his so im not directly behind him. Then the light turns green and the policeman starts driving suuuuper slowww... like 5mph. Crap, what can i do. so i just drive normal speed... and then he pulls behind me and flashes the lights... "License and registration" he says. So i get out of my car to go to my trunk
stuff deleted
Here is a story a person told me .

On being pulled over he opened the door to step out ... and wham he was tackled and the cuffs were put on him.

So if any one out there who does not know ... stay in car with your hands on the wheel ... yes dont even reach out to the glove compartment.. Lady drivers should slow down and insist on not stopping at an isolated place.

Sad, but the in the world we live in, the cops cant affoard to be too trusting and there are fake cops out there too.

Salim
Old 07-22-06, 11:41 AM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
wow, i hope youre not actually going to take the tint off. wait until you get pulled over for it again, and then just pay the fine and hope you dont get pulled over every day. you paid good money to get that tint installed (unless it came on the car) and you probably like it exactly the way it is- its worth it if you need or want the tint on the car just leave it and deal with the cops when they bother you. ive always paid up instead of removing the tint on the rare occasions ive been pulled over and actually written for it... as far as the front plate goes, ive been riding around with mine off in ny (illegal) for over 4 years.. i got pulled over for it a few weeks ago, the fines less then $100, plus 9 times out of 10 you plead not guilty the cop doesnt show and the ticket gets thrown out anyway... but if youre really worried make a compromise.. put the front plate back on, leave the tint on the car, chances are they wont give you a second glance and notice your windows and everything else if they dont see a missing front plate and start grilling you from there on to the rest of your car just looking for other excuses to pull you over.

Of course im not going to change anything... hence my "lesson of the day" haha... but maybe i need quick release fusa or some kind of retractable one
Old 07-22-06, 11:42 AM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by salimshah
Here is a story a person told me .

On being pulled over he opened the door to step out ... and wham he was tackled and the cuffs were put on him.

Salim

before i got out, he had asked me for my license and i told him it was in the trunk and i had to go out and get it... maybe thats why no tackling
Old 07-22-06, 11:48 AM
djjt
Lead Lap

just donate like $50 to your state's PBA... you get a sticker to slap above your registration and you probably can get away with any minor infraction
Old 07-22-06, 12:29 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Of course im not going to change anything... hence my "lesson of the day" haha... but maybe i need quick release fusa or some kind of retractable one

quick release fusa..........

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA