GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Help!!!! Pinging at hard acceleration above 4,000 RPM!! (2001 GS430)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-06, 09:13 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by V8Lexus
flipside, you're making assumptions again. one could easily assume since nobody has done it yet that it cannot be done. there are many technological advances that took a while to complete MUCH longer than 10 years. with the tools and determination someone could have done this in less than 6 months. but the fact is the people that own these cars, you, me, rominl, tunedrx, etc. simply have to work to pay for the cars and we dont have the luxury of sitting around to the wee hours of the morning trying to crack an ecu that wont benefit us all that much anyway. i know if i could quit my job and focus only on cracking it i could, and once i could do that, the stock ecu can only do SO much. so its more feasible to just buy aftermarket engine management instead that can do anything the toyota/lexus ecu can and more. my point still stands that it CAN be done. just because it hasnt doesnt make it impossible.
I've been around Toyota and Lexus vehicles just over a pretty long time. Not even friends at TRD and TTC (Toyota Technical Center) can give any ECU mapping info out, and they do all the R&D and engineering on it. Even my friends inside AEM, HKS and etc are still scratching their heads and finding ways to modify it. To date, they still can't figure it out, not even RMM or SRT, the companies that made and sold boost kits for the GS know how to. They just utilize piggyback units to supplement. Just telling you the truth....no assumptions here.

Last edited by flipside909; 09-10-06 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-10-06, 09:26 PM
V8Lexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

flip, nothing against you i respect your opinion and your last post was much more informative and less....i guess less of an attack. sooner or later someone will figure out how to crack it and when they do im sure they'll blow the whole thing wide open. its just a matter of time.

edit: now if only chuckb can manage to control himself and stop getting so excited when he reads one of my posts. hahaha!
Old 09-11-06, 05:08 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by V8Lexus
edit: now if only chuckb can manage to control himself and stop getting so excited when he reads one of my posts. hahaha!
1. I just find people who preach like they know about things they really don't know very annoying. you're just misinforming people.

2. I'm excited to see how you claim to have a 400hp na GS430.

Last edited by chuckb; 09-11-06 at 05:12 AM.
Old 09-11-06, 05:16 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If Lexusv8 can do it, he will be on the cover of every tuner magazine, and have money coming his way in truck loads Companies like Superchip, Jet Performance, better watch out for LexusV8 performance ecu's If you can do it, then you are the man.
Old 09-11-06, 06:46 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,247 Likes on 1,364 Posts

v8Lexus, ChuckB - knock off the personal commentary from this point forward. This thread has already had to be heavily moderated and if you can't keep on topic it will be closed.

No response is necessary (or wanted) to this post, please just honor my request.
Old 09-11-06, 02:51 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

V8Lexus:

Please stay on track. As of today, you still have not answered my question:
Find me a US tuner that can tune our ECU.

You have 5 guys and (many others who don't bother replying) that say as of today, it can't be done. I am sure it will be like that for the future as long as Toyota refuses to unlock their codes.

Remember, we are trying to help OCH in determining whether he got mislead and paid for what was "perceived" as work. Then, all of a sudden, you come along and hijack the thread with basically a lot of words that mean nothing since it is all theory.

Once again, please answer the question:
Find me a US tuner that can tune our ECU.

If you can't then whatever you want to write is pure theory until you can prove it and really a waste of time since we have all heard it before countless times over.

OCH paid an independent mechanic to reprogram an ECU module. Either it was a) not done or b) outsourced to the dealership directly. That's what I was trying to help him realize before you came along and messed up the thread.
Old 09-19-06, 05:08 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Well, so far its been two weeks, the pinging did not come back. Lets hope it stays this way.
Old 09-21-06, 02:25 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Glad to hear your pinging is gone, good luck.
Old 10-31-06, 10:22 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Fawk!!! The pinging came back!!! I heard it again this morning, I am so fawking furious I'm ready to ****ing put the car on ebay and get a fawking BMW.
Old 10-31-06, 11:29 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

You should have the motor flushed via the Bilstein process & a professional fuel injection cleaning. I see that you are from NY..The place that I go for Amsoil does it. It is half a block from the location of the Taste of Lexus Event in Elmont Long Island. Pm me for info.
Old 10-31-06, 12:02 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

I doubt its the injectors, why did the problem go away last time after ECU flush?
Old 10-31-06, 12:07 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

I'm gonna reset my ECU before I go home and see if that helps at all. If it doesn't the car is going for sale, and even if it help I'm probably gonna get rid of it any way, because crap like this is not acceptable. I test drove the new RL a while ago, I really liked it, not as powerful, but has AWD, so I might get that.
Old 10-31-06, 12:14 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Or maybe even the new G35 it looks hot. Is it out for sale yet?
Old 10-31-06, 01:04 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
Or maybe even the new G35 it looks hot. Is it out for sale yet?
This can happen to any car. Over time crud will build up in the valves causing valve tappet noises. Trust me, if you have these thing done, the noise will diminish. I had that ticking sound early on in my Gs's life before I switched to synthetic oils. Once I had the engine flushed and the fuel injection professionally cleaned, the car has become whisper quiet. No ticking. The car is even more lively than before. Why go through the headache of getting another used car?
Old 10-31-06, 03:26 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

I've only been using Mobil 1 synthetic, changed every 2000 miles. I'm thinking about a brand new 2007 g35 awd or 2006 RL awd

Quick Reply: Help!!!! Pinging at hard acceleration above 4,000 RPM!! (2001 GS430)