GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

L tuned - what does that mean?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-06, 05:05 PM
actright
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default L tuned - what does that mean?

just curious
Old 08-01-06, 05:15 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by actright
just curious
SEARCH is a good friend of mine, he is friendly

In short, L-tuned is the defunt Lexus "Sport" line for the GS/IS, offering bodykits, exhaust, lowering and wheels.
Old 08-01-06, 05:21 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
SEARCH is a good friend of mine, he is friendly

In short, L-tuned is the defunt Lexus "Sport" line for the GS/IS, offering bodykits, exhaust, lowering and wheels.

this is like the tenth new member that didnt bother to even think about searching in the past two weeks... when i was a noop i almost got my butt raped for not using the search lol... i told a new guy to use the search the other day and this one member started verbally abusing me for being a "jerk-off" even though in the same post i gave like 6 different links to relevant info to help the new dude out lol... oh well lol
Old 08-01-06, 05:46 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm a firm believer in the search function, but sometimes when you're looking for an easy answer to a basic question, I think it's okay just to ask. I agree that someone who wants to know "What's the difference between a GS300 and GS400/430" should use the search function and wade through all of the information. However, I also think it's okay in some situations, like this one, just to ask. In this case, if you do a search for "l-tuned" or "what is l-tuned", you get 500 results for each. I looked through quite a few posts, and although each one discussed various L-tuned components, I couldn't find the answer to what exactly L-tuned means. I'm sure it's in there somewhere, but it would take a long time to wade through 500 posts to find the answer. Anyway, that's just my .02. I'm sure there are those who will disagree.

e
Old 08-01-06, 06:57 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah im not saying anything about this particular dude at all, i was just making a point because it just came up a few days ago, nothing to do with this particular l-tuned question at all more what sick mentioned about using search after... it was a laugh for me not something i was trying to start about
Old 08-01-06, 07:34 PM
TexasLex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Google searches are good too. L-Tuned is not an every day phrase, so I will not pass judgement here. However, I'll never forget the time a read in a CL post about using plastic polish to remove the haze from the finish that is common in the SC's wood trim. Someone wrote in to ask "what is plastic polish". I mean, isn't plastic polish a self-descriptive name if there ever was one?
Old 01-18-14, 01:46 PM
GrVitesse
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The actual definition of "L-tuned" is pretty hard to find if one isn't in the know.
http://my.is/forums/f87/what-does-l-tuned-mean-158331/
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/esp...an%3F&type=all
https://www.google.com/search?q=what...ient=firefox-a

I just spent several minutes forum-searching and googling this, myself. After finding this hopeful-looking thread, I wasted more time reading through fire and smoke than actually finding an answer.

According to Wikipedia: "An earlier in-house tuning effort, the TRD-based L-Tuned, had offered performance packages on the IS 300 and GS 400 sedans in the early 2000s."

So it was a brand of performance components manufactured by Lexus, correct? Did Lexus make L-tuned editions of cars and sell them turn-key?