GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Finally got my GS lowered! woohoo!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-06 | 01:21 PM
Neophyte
Driver

Talking Finally got my GS lowered! woohoo!

So this weekend I got my car lowered with Bilstein PSS and I got my brake calipers painted red and some SS brake lines installed! It was like Christmas, LOL!! Anyway I noticed a tremendous difference in the ride like the steering wheel is tight (it doesnt shake at 60mph anymore too!), no more floaty feel, and it handles corners like a "sports" car as opposed to a whale on wheels. I am definitely a happy camper.

Now onto the next mod. me = bank account =
Old 08-14-06 | 01:34 PM
minla007
Pole Position

cool...how much of a drop is it?....looks good yo

where did u get your work done? im in va also and am interested in getting SS brake lines as well.....
Old 08-14-06 | 01:36 PM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

wow, looks great! I think you lowered it just enough IMHO but it iwll be easier to tell when the rims are on.

How much did it lower over all?
Old 08-14-06 | 01:53 PM
Neophyte
Driver

Originally Posted by minla007
cool...how much of a drop is it?....looks good yo

where did u get your work done? im in va also and am interested in getting SS brake lines as well.....
Originally Posted by mole
wow, looks great! I think you lowered it just enough IMHO but it iwll be easier to tell when the rims are on.

How much did it lower over all?
I was told it was lowered 2 inches all the way around, but it looks like it maybe 2.5 in the front or something. Since I had the work done at a shop I have to go by what I was told but the front definitely looks like it was dropped more than 2 inches compared to stock height

minla007 I sent you a pm about the shop since I dont know the rules on posting websites and stuff.
Old 08-14-06 | 01:54 PM
GSLexi
Driver

"whale on wheels" don't say that I still love the stock feel

Your car looks great though! Btw, how much of a difference is there comfort wise, now that its lowered?
Old 08-14-06 | 01:56 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Looks good.. its amazing what a a little drop can do.. No more float in the car and it feels tighter doesn't it.. Nice job..
Old 08-14-06 | 02:08 PM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Looks good
Old 08-14-06 | 02:10 PM
Neophyte
Driver

Originally Posted by GSLexi
"whale on wheels" don't say that I still love the stock feel

Your car looks great though! Btw, how much of a difference is there comfort wise, now that its lowered?
I do alot of city driving so comfort wise imo is still a comfortable ride just a little tighter, like when I go over bumps its a tight feeling thump instead of the "luxury float" of dampening the bumps better with stock setup. But on open road of highway I can hardily tell the difference still feels good to me. I do have a little more raod noise but I am guessing that is from me being closer to the ground and stuff, but its not loud enough to be irritating.

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Looks good.. its amazing what a a little drop can do.. No more float in the car and it feels tighter doesn't it.. Nice job..
Thanks for the compliments!
Old 08-14-06 | 02:16 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Lookin' good
Old 08-14-06 | 02:20 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

you are also going to find that your shocks are most likely going to settle over the next month or so, meaning you may even get another possible 1/2 of drop when it's all said and done.
Old 08-14-06 | 02:29 PM
lalexusgs
Advanced

Originally Posted by tmf2004
For some reason my car feels even more floaty when dropped. And my drop is at least 1.5" all around.
Old 08-14-06 | 02:30 PM
Neophyte
Driver

Originally Posted by ebruce2
you are also going to find that your shocks are most likely going to settle over the next month or so, meaning you may even get another possible 1/2 of drop when it's all said and done.
thanks for the heads up! now if i need to raise it a little how easy is it to do it? i mean they gave me these tools that look like hooks, but I am not mechanically inclined so I have no idea how to use them. they showed me but i had a memory dump on what they said to do.
Old 08-14-06 | 02:44 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Neophyte
thanks for the heads up! now if i need to raise it a little how easy is it to do it? i mean they gave me these tools that look like hooks, but I am not mechanically inclined so I have no idea how to use them. they showed me but i had a memory dump on what they said to do.
just take it back to the shop after they settle and if they are halfway cool they should adjust them for you....just pay attention next time!...lol

One way to tell: get a tape measure and measure from bottom of the fender lip straight down to the center of each wheel. Write all four measurements down and keep them somewhere. Wait about a month or so and measure again. If they have all dropped some more and it's down too far for you, you will know by how much.
Old 08-14-06 | 02:49 PM
blkvader
Driver

Default looks good

now you need some spacers for the back wheels
Old 08-14-06 | 03:21 PM
DPK*David
Pole Position

that looks so clean. how much did the susp. cost you ?

Quick Reply: Finally got my GS lowered! woohoo!