GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Automan's Updated Pics... Need Opinions/Input

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-06, 06:10 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Automan's Updated Pics... Need Opinions/Input

Well I got in trouble for the post I did yesterday so today it's just car pics guys. These are some of the latest pics of my car my recent work has been light but I did get the calipers painted and put Lexus stickers on them. However I am starting to think about my next mods. I think it is time to start on the interior and as you can see my engine really needs a lot of help. I really would like to do a lot of color matching and was wondering if any of you knew where I can get stuff to match my House of Kolors Kandy Cobalt Blue scheme?

Interior
Maybe Cobalt blue suede on the seats and headliner?
Cobalt Blue shifter i'm not even sure if they make that?

Engine
I am open for suggestions.

Any help would be great.

I just realized I only have two pics of my car with the doors closed...

Last edited by Automan; 08-15-06 at 07:38 AM.
Old 08-15-06, 06:20 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Chroming of some pieces in the engine bay would help. Look in my gallery, I have some pics of my own GS. Its an option for you to consider that's all. Nice house BTW. The South is such a great real estate value in comparison to Connecticut. Best of luck.

Your car has come a long ways since I first saw it.

Ted
Old 08-15-06, 07:11 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ted920
Chroming of some pieces in the engine bay would help. Look in my gallery, I have some pics of my own GS. Its an option for you to consider that's all. Nice house BTW. The South is such a great real estate value in comparison to Connecticut. Best of luck.

Your car has come a long ways since I first saw it.

Ted

Yeah I see what you mean Ted. Where did you get the braided hoses from? Is that something that can be done by a novice or do you need to have experience to change the hoses? Car looks great by the way are you going to be at Lexfest?
Old 08-15-06, 08:02 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would also look into getting that header chromed or polished or maybe just replace the stock one with the S&S I think? Same for the throttle body assmbly and intake manifold.

The Optima yellow top can even be done to match your engine cover in blue as well. Fuse box cover in blue maybe...

Replacing rad and oil caps with something nice from TOM'S, TRD, C-ONE, etc. would help too.

Professional competition grade battery connections would be nice.

Maybe a nice front STB under the hood with the bases color-matched as well.

Just trying to give you ideas...

But before any of this little detail stuff I would put this ride on AIR!!!
Imagine how you'll be snappin necks at a show when you roll up, drop that bish to the ground *pssssssshhhhhhhhhh*, and THEN throw up that drivers side door to get out. DAMN

Last edited by ebruce2; 08-15-06 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-15-06, 09:14 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ebruce2

But before any of this little detail stuff I would put this ride on AIR!!!
Imagine how you'll be snappin necks at a show when you roll up, drop that bish to the ground *pssssssshhhhhhhhhh*, and THEN throw up that drivers side door to get out. DAMN
That's my boy

Jonny
Old 08-15-06, 09:16 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Whats up man.

Engine: I would look into maybe adding a couple color match pieces, adding the plp sheild that covers the headers, adding a nice chrome strut bar like that new carsone tuned one, adding some trd,greddy or some aftermarket oilcap and rad cap. You could also paint your battery color matched and add some nice chrome terminals. Chrome the intakes heat sheild aswell that is by the filter. Also maybe do some steel braided lines in certain areas to give it more of a look aswell.

Interior- Blue matching or close to it suede inserts would really set it off but don't do blue headliner that will look really bad and I mean bad as in not good "bad". I would suggest blk suede headliner, you could also do some blue and blk suede in the doors.
Old 08-15-06, 09:18 AM
usmarines
Driver

I agree chrome plating a little of the stuff in the engine bay would be a good start, and something to cover up those headers, they stick out like a sore thumb. Plus I know you didn't ask about the exterior but I think 01+ tails would look great, better yet JP tails.
Old 08-15-06, 10:39 AM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Previous posts have provided great suggestions.
A little off topic but nice house. Everytime I see homes like these I want to put mine up for sale and leave Cali.
edit: just saw your other thread regarding home values. =)

Last edited by GS wanted; 08-15-06 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-15-06, 12:21 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey bro the rims are really looking good

I think some 01 + tails would make a big difference too...I'm with BlueLex on the blue inserts in the seat