GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

License plate lights ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-06, 11:12 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Hopefully I'll be getting my dome light and license plate lights this week... I'll try to post some pics... Thanks for the small mod guys...
Old 12-30-06, 09:07 AM
BoostAddct
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put my interior,front, and license plate lights in the other day and I am very satisfied. I actually got both the Polarg and Superbrightled.com lights as presents and I think the LED lights are way better than the Polarg for the interior and for the license plate lights. I tried both and ended up using the LED lights. I will try to get pics soon for you guys.
Old 12-30-06, 10:27 AM
cdn2k1gs3
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How about no lights?

I disconnected my license plate bulbs and am of the opinion that the license plate light distracts from the overall appearance of the car.

My penny.
Old 12-30-06, 11:18 AM
ECUgs430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried both the polarg m4 and the white 5 led in my wedges, license plate, and interior.

IMO the polarg m4 wins for the wedge lights. They reflect the best for the inner head lights(wedges). The 5leds were a tad to long so they missed the reflector point and only a small spot of bright light could be seen from head on.

For the license plate lights, use the 5 led lights from superbrightleds. The look the best by far IMO. The only complaint is that they are so good they actually put a line of white light on the road directly underneath the rear bumber edge. Its only noticeable when the car is at a stand still with no street lamps around. I live outside the city limits so it gets dark.

Last but not least, the 5 led's looked the best in the interior. The only complaint is that the light appears kind of spotty, but its still nice and white. I have them in all locations but the dome lights. I just switch my dome lights to off so when I unlock the car the leds light up only the floor of the car. Looks way cool looking in from outside the car and also when the door is open it shines on the road!

I hope this helps yall out
Old 12-30-06, 04:40 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Is there a guide on the superled's site to pic which bulb you need? Which interior lights can be replaced?
Old 12-31-06, 01:29 AM
narfy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ECUgs430
For the license plate lights, use the 5 led lights from superbrightleds. The look the best by far IMO.
i use the 5 LED bulbs in my plate as well... looks awesome... greatly resembles the new GS/ES/IS lights...
Old 12-31-06, 11:56 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by BoostAddct
I just put my interior,front, and license plate lights in the other day and I am very satisfied. I actually got both the Polarg and Superbrightled.com lights as presents and I think the LED lights are way better than the Polarg for the interior and for the license plate lights. I tried both and ended up using the LED lights. I will try to get pics soon for you guys.
Looking forward to those pics... Should look good...
Old 01-01-07, 01:26 AM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had a couple of questions,
First of all can someone actually post the webaddress exactly at what led to buy straight. (for example RL5-W2545 White LED, web address http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...i?product=LEDS, the second one from the top)
Secondly, how hard is it to install these bulbs, any modification needed?
Thirdly, what is the life on the bubls, how often do we replace and how hard is it to replace.

last but not the least.......

PLEASE POST SOME PICS, for the people who have them installed.

thanks guys
Old 01-01-07, 07:36 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, I can only answer 1 1/2 of the three questions. I didn't get my bulbs through Superbrightleds.com. I actually got mine through E-bay I think through the BuyItNow option. The wedge bulbs (Polarg M4/M5) were okay but removing the old bulb and inserting the new on the driver's side is a bit difficult because of little romm to move your hands and fingers freely.. I removed the the entire covering inside the trunk to get access to the license plate bulbs. Installing those bulbs was simple.
Old 01-03-07, 06:26 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Well i just installed my license plate lights and dome lights. I have to say that the license plate lights came out just light the 3rd Gen... I'm hooked... I want to do the doors next and possibly map lights... Thanks guys for the easy mod..
Old 01-03-07, 08:09 PM
LowkeyGS3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Well i just installed my license plate lights and dome lights. I have to say that the license plate lights came out just light the 3rd Gen... I'm hooked... I want to do the doors next and possibly map lights... Thanks guys for the easy mod..
What lights did you go with?
Old 01-03-07, 08:33 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by LowkeyGS3
What lights did you go with?

I went with the Polarg M4's for the plate and Polarg M16 for the Dome light.. Turned out pretty good and the install was a breeze... Next week I'll try to order the M4's for doors and also the map lights.. GL...
Old 01-03-07, 09:11 PM
eman88
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used 6-led bulbs for my License plates, corner, and daytime running lights, by far the brightest....
Old 01-03-07, 09:37 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cdn2k1gs3
I disconnected my license plate bulbs and am of the opinion that the license plate light distracts from the overall appearance of the car.

My penny.
well, you could do that. but its illegal, pretty much EVERYwhere. definitely not worth getting pulled over and ticketed for that, along with every other little thing they find they dont like about you and your car once they've already bothered to pull you over just because your license plate lights are "out"..
Old 01-04-07, 11:33 AM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
well, you could do that. but its illegal, pretty much EVERYwhere. definitely not worth getting pulled over and ticketed for that, along with every other little thing they find they dont like about you and your car once they've already bothered to pull you over just because your license plate lights are "out"..
true.

Quick Reply: License plate lights ??