GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

License plate lights ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-07, 07:41 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I saw BoostAddict's interior LEDs and I was hoping they would be a little more bright. Good color though.
Old 01-05-07, 12:21 AM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So no one has had anytime to click a few pictures of the rear Polrag M4 bulbs they have installed?

not that i want to rush anyone, it is just that my car is at the body shop and the guy said if you want to install lights, that might be a little difficult for you, bring them by the shop and we will take care of it, at no additional charge, but only till the car is at the shop.

So as soon as someone gets a chance pls take some pics of the polrag M4 bulbs in the rear near the license plate. I will surely appreciate it!

thanks

Last edited by nanotech; 01-05-07 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-05-07, 12:37 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nanotech
So no one has had anytime to click a few pictures of the rear Polrag M4 bulbs they have installed?

not that i want to rush anyone, it is just that my car is at the body shop and the guy said if you want to install lights, that might be a little difficult for you, bring them by the shop and we will take care of it, at no additional charge, but only till the car is at the shop.

So as soon as someone gets a chance pls take some pics of the polrag M4 bulbs in the rear near the license plate. I will surely appreciate it!

thanks
i have a set i just got that ill throw in tonight when i do my srt intake hopefully. ill take before and after shots. regardless tho man..the lights are only 5 bucks if you want to try them out. and they are NOT hard to install.
Old 01-05-07, 02:59 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

thanks, Ill go ahead and get them, I believe someone said that it was hard to install and they had to take apart the covering to replace the bulbs, then again I could be wrong. It isn't about the $5, its about the look, will it look white or blue, on ebay it says HYPER WHITE and someone in the previous pictures has shown how they look and it was sort of blueish. But a few members are satisfied with them. I just wanted to see exactly how they would look at night. So if you could install yours and post some pics I would appreciate it.

THanks
Old 01-06-07, 10:42 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nanotech
thanks, Ill go ahead and get them, I believe someone said that it was hard to install and they had to take apart the covering to replace the bulbs, then again I could be wrong. It isn't about the $5, its about the look, will it look white or blue, on ebay it says HYPER WHITE and someone in the previous pictures has shown how they look and it was sort of blueish. But a few members are satisfied with them. I just wanted to see exactly how they would look at night. So if you could install yours and post some pics I would appreciate it.

THanks

i put the bulbs in last night when i did my srt intake and gauge cluster. you should go ahead and pick them up if you want. they are WHITE in color regardless of the fact that the bulb is dark blue. its not a bluish white or anything like that its def. WHITE and a big improvement over the yellowish colored stock bulbs... it is NOT hard to install these..there are a few push in fasteners that you have to pull out (make sure not to lose these they need to go back in) to removed the liner under the trunk lid, you will see the wiring and the sockets on either side of the plate where the bulbs go, give each side a twist to the left or right and pull back on the socket while youre doing this, it should pop right out, pull the old bulb out, install the new...put everything back together.. ill post up a pic of the light a little later on
Old 01-17-07, 10:54 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

here you go bro, sorry it took so long been real busy..i threw these in while we were installing the SRT intake & ecu last week. first pic is of the "stock" bulbs, second/third is with the polargs. as you can see its a bright white light, no blue at all..it looks good its not tacky and its a cleaner look then the yellowish stock bulbs in my opinion...

Old 01-18-07, 01:54 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never posted pics up on this thread after I got mine. I purchased the M4 Hyper White bulbs off of Ebay. $4.00 shipped

**What I notice about the bulbs I purchased versus the 'led' Hyper Whites is that these M4's cover more area. The light spreads out evenly rather then beams of light. I notice on some of the 'led' bulbs that in the middle of the license plate there is a section that is dark. If you look at my pictures even at different angles the bulbs are spreading the lights source pretty evenly.

Old 01-18-07, 02:04 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Thats what i like about the M4's as well is that they cover alot of area for such a small bulb..

Great pics Socal...
Old 01-18-07, 03:10 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

That my friends is the cheapest mod i think you can do for the difference it gives at night!

Awesome pics guys, thanks!
Old 01-18-07, 06:50 PM
txcoupe
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I just installed my Polarg M4, car looks much better !! Just watch out when you pull down the trunk liner particularly the piece around the latch. I accidently tore mine!
Old 01-29-07, 06:11 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I just put the Blue cheapos from Pep Boys and they look BLUE. Kinda nice though. It was such a beatrice getting the cover off and putting the socket back in in the dark I decided to just leave them in. I tore the square around the latch too

Last edited by Joelseff; 01-29-07 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-29-07, 11:50 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joelseff
I just put the Blue cheapos from Pep Boys and they look BLUE. Kinda nice though. It was such a beatrice getting the cover off and putting the socket back in in the dark I decided to just leave them in. I tore the square around the latch too
cheapos from pep boys eh? the m4's that have a way nicer white output cost $4.25 on ebay some people even include shipping..
Old 01-30-07, 03:42 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
cheapos from pep boys eh? the m4's that have a way nicer white output cost $4.25 on ebay some people even include shipping..
I know, I just bought them yesterday for my front parking lights but they were too blue and I figured in Cali, I would get pulled over. I ordered the M4's for the front lights last night cost me $4.00 plus 4.00 shipping. I can't wait to see them on the front-I have HID's and the parking lights don't match. So idecided instead of returning the cheapo blue ones, I just put them in the lic plate.....I think i'll take them off today cuz the blue kinda looks rice.
Old 01-31-07, 12:24 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joelseff
I know, I just bought them yesterday for my front parking lights but they were too blue and I figured in Cali, I would get pulled over. I ordered the M4's for the front lights last night cost me $4.00 plus 4.00 shipping. I can't wait to see them on the front-I have HID's and the parking lights don't match. So idecided instead of returning the cheapo blue ones, I just put them in the lic plate.....I think i'll take them off today cuz the blue kinda looks rice.
im not sure youll be happy with the m4/HID combo either..theres actually a HUGE thread in the lighting forum with tons of pics for the driving light/HID match up dilemma lol... do a search in that forum and youll come up with it if it hasnt been stickied yet.. MY solution..haha i ripped the running lights right out. now when i drive all ive got going on up front are my sweet xenondepot 4300k's and my bright yellow fogs..it looks good and sets the car apart a little from other gs's at night..just my opinion
Old 01-31-07, 03:46 PM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i ordered these from autolumination.com and they were super white and bright for about 2 weeks. today, in the morning, they flickered. now only 1 panel lights up.
Attached Thumbnails License plate lights ??-194smt_w_wm.jpg  

Quick Reply: License plate lights ??