GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

To Sell Or Not To Sell......

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-06, 06:53 AM
IcePlatinum
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Sell Or Not To Sell......

Well I took some Pictures of my ride today thinking these might be my last ones. I've been thinking latley about selling But not to sure... Only because I moved into to my first house, and would like to start filling it with furniture and stuff. What do you guys think? Sell it or just wait and fill it later when some more funds are saved up. Well anyways here are my pix.
Attached Thumbnails To Sell Or Not To Sell......-lexus1.jpg  
Old 08-18-06, 06:57 AM
IcePlatinum
Rookie

Attached Thumbnails To Sell Or Not To Sell......-lexus2.jpg  
Old 08-18-06, 06:58 AM
IcePlatinum
Rookie

Attached Thumbnails To Sell Or Not To Sell......-lexus3.jpg  
Old 08-18-06, 07:03 AM
IcePlatinum
Rookie

Attached Thumbnails To Sell Or Not To Sell......-dsc00825.jpg  

Last edited by IcePlatinum; 08-18-06 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-18-06, 07:05 AM
Vic Nyce
Lead Lap

if you sell it, what are you thinking of replacing it with?
Old 08-18-06, 07:07 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Keep it!

I recently went through this process as well! I had no plans of selling the GS but,wanted to start modding my car after moving into a new home! The wife would not go for it and wanted the home furnished before modding began! Well I was patient and it worked out and she gave me the green light after having the car stock for a year! The car has come along quickly and I'm happy I did it this way! Get your home together and mod later! It makes me feel good knowing that when I pull up to the garage that not only does the ride look good, the home is tight as well! Everyone has their own way of doing things and this is just the way I did it! The wife loves me for it and I reap the benefits as a result! Keep the car and mod the home first!

Last edited by Wringo; 08-18-06 at 07:16 AM.
The following users liked this post:
tiguy99 (09-03-20)
Old 08-18-06, 07:09 AM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

That's one heck of a starter home No advice from me, that's a decision only you can make based on your finacial situation.
Old 08-18-06, 07:14 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

do it this way:

Take her somewhere and get a nice detail, go to the dealer or DIY a nice tune-up, fluids changed, TB, filter cleaned, etc. And THEN take her out on the highway for a bit and see what your gut tells you.
Old 08-18-06, 07:40 AM
blkvader
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im a 100 % with what wringo said, get your home together first, then ur ride, remember that is your temple where you rest make it right, by the way ur home is a beauty, remember this is just our advice everyone has their way of doing things
i know you will make the right choice
Old 08-18-06, 08:03 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you're single - the uncluttered way of life is the way to go man. don't weigh down your life with a ton of furniture.

here's a tip- rent out a few rooms to friends and don't buy furniture yet. the rent money will help you get some funds for all that.

i would have liked to have kept my house totally bare and clean but I ended up taking hand me downs from my folks. i totally appreciated it but i was 24 and immediately had 4 leather sofas (they had 8 all together) so I did what any responsible bachelor did with a full house and a couple of roommates should do - threw pool parties and partied like a rockstar!
Old 08-18-06, 08:13 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by IcePlatinum
Well I took some Pictures of my ride today thinking these might be my last ones. I've been thinking latley about selling But not to sure... Only because I moved into to my first house, and would like to start filling it with furniture and stuff. What do you guys think? Sell it or just wait and fill it later when some more funds are saved up. Well anyways here are my pix.
VEry nice house and even better GS!

I see keep the GS and save up and buy furniture later. Even if you sell the car, how much will you make? A pre 99 GS is not worth much more than 20K these days and yours is modified which will make it even harder to sell.

I remember taking some pics of it when your older brother Ken had it and I always salivated when I drove past it on my way to work! This color was the one I was looking for when I wanted a GS but couldn't find any.

Here's a trip down memory lane for ya!

If you do decide to sell it, I would sell mine and buy yours!!!!
Old 08-18-06, 08:21 AM
SloGS3
Pole Position

If the GS is paid off i would keep it and just stop modding for a while until you get your house all done. Whats the point of having a nice house that will be empty, get the house out of the way, your car looks great the way it is!
Old 08-18-06, 08:22 AM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Keep it
Old 08-19-06, 06:23 PM
#1gs300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PERSONNALY A HOUSE THAT LOOKS AS GOOD AS THAT HOUSE I WOULD MAKE THE INSIDE LOOK BETTER THAN THE OUT SIDE, AND THEN MOD THE CAR REMEMBER IF U EVER SELL THE HOUSE U WILL BE REWARDED GREATLY THAN SPENDING UR MONEY ON MODDING UR CAR THEN TRYING TO SELL IT.
Old 08-19-06, 07:14 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I went through the same thing when I moved into my 1st home. I bought all my furniture 1st than modded the car but now that I have moved into my new home recently that is bigger it looks empty and am at the crossroads again but agin I'm choosing to furnish the home before the car. If you have to sell in order to furnish than its a real tough choice cuz you have one of the hardest combos with that blue on blk interior gs.

Quick Reply: To Sell Or Not To Sell......