GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The begininng of my GS300 project!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-06, 07:17 AM
DCMango
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you man! I actually am selling/sold 2 of my other 'toys' to fund this one! So, I am excited, will be done soon enough.

Originally Posted by BurgandyGS
Very nice, I must say you are gonna have one bad_ss ride. Wish I had the funds for everything all at once.
Old 08-23-06, 02:42 PM
Burton
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bluelex
I'm still trying to figure out which stall will be best cuz the labor charge on taking those back in and out can add up. But to answer your concern the stock one will hold up fine, I 've had mine mine since last Sept. no issues.

I should recive my 3400 stall PI converter tomarow and if I can get some lift time have it in that night. So I will let you know. I will be taking it to the track on the 1st of next month. I will let you know.

Ben
Old 08-23-06, 02:54 PM
DCMango
Lead Lap

Very cool!

Originally Posted by Burton
I should recive my 3400 stall PI converter tomarow and if I can get some lift time have it in that night. So I will let you know. I will be taking it to the track on the 1st of next month. I will let you know.

Ben
Old 08-23-06, 04:08 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Burton

Ben
Wow Ben thats high. Is that more of a stall for track and racing as opposed to everyday driving? I mean I don't drive my car everyday but I also want it to use without having such hi rpm before it moves. Do you drive your car a lot or you were just looking for better track and performance in choosing a 3400 stall. I'm just trying to figure out why you went so hi. I've been told to stick with a 2800 stall-3000 stall latelywhen talking to shops and friends.
Old 08-24-06, 07:17 AM
Burton
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bluelex
Wow Ben thats high. Is that more of a stall for track and racing as opposed to everyday driving? I mean I don't drive my car everyday but I also want it to use without having such hi rpm before it moves. Do you drive your car a lot or you were just looking for better track and performance in choosing a 3400 stall. I'm just trying to figure out why you went so hi. I've been told to stick with a 2800 stall-3000 stall latelywhen talking to shops and friends.

I was origanaly going to go with a 3800 stall, but with the weight of the car I droped it to 3400. I drive the car on weekends that is about it and only during the summer. I have driven supras with 3800 stalls and had no problem. I don't think it will be a drivability problem. I will let you know should be in today.

Ben
Old 08-24-06, 11:56 AM
nobody
Rookie

wow sounds like a good project, keep us updated with pics
Old 08-24-06, 04:49 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Looks like a really mean project, seriosly intense! Good luck with everything!!

Originally Posted by DrvnConcpt
Thanks guys!

The Benz fitment are actually 5*120, where at the GS are 5*114. Not sure why the box's marked as 112, but they are the right bolt pattern! That was the first thing I noticed too....lol....

FYI, MB is 5x112, Lexus is 5x114, and BMW is 5x120. 9 times out of 10 those wheels have already been redrilled to 5x114.00 thats what LOWENHART does when the 5x114 stock is low.
Old 09-02-06, 06:05 AM
DCMango
Lead Lap

These are the same rims and similar brake setup that I will be running on the GS, I personally think they look piiimmmmppppiinnngg......lol.

Thanks guys, I am getting a little discouraged, I planned to have the project completed within 2 weeks, but it's going on 3 weeks with no progress. We have been completely slammed for about a month now and customer cars are more important then my project. So, as of right now, the car's just sitting in a bay waiting for more work to be complete. Once we get all the body work completed, the engine bay painted, then I should only have about a week and a half worth of work on the car and it will be ready.

Update on some parts -

- COMPLETE Tom's Suspension, rear 6 links, body brace, front strut/rear strut bars, and much more......
- HKS Hi-Power Dual exhaust
- Tomei 2 way LSD
- more to come!
Old 09-02-06, 08:40 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys, I am getting a little discouraged, I planned to have the project completed within 2 weeks, but it's going on 3 weeks with no progress. We have been completely slammed for about a month now and customer cars are more important then my project. So, as of right now, the car's just sitting in a bay waiting for more work to be complete. Once we get all the body work completed, the engine bay painted, then I should only have about a week and a half worth of work on the car and it will be ready.

Update on some parts -

- COMPLETE Tom's Suspension, rear 6 links, body brace, front strut/rear strut bars, and much more......
- HKS Hi-Power Dual exhaust
- Tomei 2 way LSD
- more to come!
It happens man, keep us updated when you have time to work on the project.
Old 09-02-06, 02:16 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hehehe...My old exhaust is going to be on the monster project Nice GL with everything, can't wait to see the car finshed up
Old 09-03-06, 08:49 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Do I hear magazine cover after it's done? Anything new on the project?! Pictures? This is like a woman waiting for her baby to be born..haha.
Old 09-06-06, 06:26 PM
HybridV300
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys!

The Benz fitment are actually 5*120, where at the GS are 5*114. Not sure why the box's marked as 112, but they are the right bolt pattern! That was the first thing I noticed too....lol....
Actually, 5x120 is BMW bolt pattern, 5x112 is MBZ bolt pattern, and GS is 5x114.3. If you bought those were I think you bought them, then they did an insert on the wheel
Old 09-06-06, 08:08 PM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

The only thing I don't really like are the wheels, but I'm guessing they will still look pretty good when they are done.

Can't wait to see updated pics.
Old 09-07-06, 09:12 AM
SloGS3
Pole Position

Thats something to look forward to driving, sounds like it will be insane! The paint and the brakes and of course the motor swap are sweet, the wheels look good, but not my first choice! I saw a set of those on a silver M3 and they looked good, I like them a lot better in black vs. chrome! Keep us updated, and post pics please, cant wait to see it done!
Old 09-10-06, 04:16 PM
DCMango
Lead Lap

Well, been gathering some more parts, trying to get the car ready for SEMA. Here are some more parts since the last update -

Tom's front body brace
Tom's rear body brace
Tom's front strut bar
Tom's rear strut bar
Tom's 6 link
HKS Hype exhaust
Diazen swaybars
ALL Power Enterprise belts, (timing, etc.....)
Apexi grounding kit
A few misc JDM body parts
ARC Bov kit
Complete interior has now been stripped for a custom interior.

I think there's more......

Quick Reply: The begininng of my GS300 project!