GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

JP Fusa

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-06, 08:14 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EFMJR: Your going to have to remove the mirror. There is a plastic piece that pops off right above your mirror. Once the piece is popped off, you will see (1) torq bolt that holds the entire rear view mirror to the glass. Unbolt the screw and the entire mirror will pull away. At this point, the mirror will just hang by the wire that goes into the roof. Slip the fusa on tha back of the mirror and bolt the mirror back up to the glass. The last step is kind of hard to hold the mirror up in place while screwing in the bolt. You may need a second pair of hands. Good luck
Old 08-24-06, 08:17 PM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

Cool, but how do you get around the wire? Or is the wire an issue?
Old 08-24-06, 08:23 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EFMJR
Cool, but how do you get around the wire? Or is the wire an issue?

The wire is not an issue. If you look at the back of the mirror and see what I'm talking about.

BTW: How do you think I was able to get a fusa over this monster.

Old 08-24-06, 08:38 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

whats the purpose of the fusa anyways? Just wondering. I'm going to tie my class of 92 tassle over mine in a knot.....

jk
Old 08-24-06, 08:56 PM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

Wow, thats a big mirror Got that monster hooked up to a camera?
Its dark now, Ill rip the mirror off tommorrow, and give it a try.

Damn, I wish the guy would of sent me the right knot. I like the Kiku better than the Agemaki.

As far as whats the purpose of the fusa anyways? I think they exspain it some on the link to JP site I put up several post back, or do a serch for Agemaki knots, and thay have quite the history. I read somewhere they even hang from the corners of the sumu compititions. The knots started off as funtional but also have a decrative funtion too. I think even samiri (sorry) used these knots in the clothing, and on their swords. Im going off memory and its been a long day, so forgive me if I am rong. Heck, I even found instructions on how to tie a bunch of the ancient knots, but couldnt find he Kiku, and without holind it in my hand, I cant figure it out. As far as the Agmaki knots, I can do the knot for the fusa, but the tassle is the hard part. I even taught myself the golden prezel by studying the pictures. Anybody want instruction let me know, Ill send them to you via email.
Old 08-25-06, 12:16 AM
Saiji
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey good luck man. since im japanese i asked my mom in japan and she could get a fusa from Kyoto Japan for like 10$.
Old 08-25-06, 07:03 AM
Flufferiou
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ssaristo
hey good luck man. since im japanese i asked my mom in japan and she could get a fusa from Kyoto Japan for like 10$.
I WANT 2!!!!!
Old 08-25-06, 09:31 AM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

Group Buy? ? ? ?
Old 08-25-06, 10:49 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

In NYC they have curtain ties in the 99cent store that look just like the FUSA. I might pick one up and take a pic. I like the look of the FUSA in the Lexus
Old 08-25-06, 11:54 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I never understood the whole fusa deal........
Old 08-25-06, 12:07 PM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

This is from a couple diffrent site about the JP Fusa..

"FUSA" is the one of most JAPANESE style accessory we make.
Its origin comes from traditional festival "DANJIRI " which has been held at south part of Osaka Japan from ancient days.

The Fusa represents the Danjiri Festival which happens in Southern Part of Osaka, Japan which is where Junction Produce started and is home to. JP started to "sport" the Fusa as a sense of pride for where they are from and also it is like a good luck charm or prayer in regards to you. As soon as JP started sporting the Fusa, it caught on very quickly and became a symbol for VIP cars everywhere even if they were not from Osaka.

The Kintsuna and Gitsuna also comes from the Danjiri festival. On the big "wooden car" they use in the Danjiri festival, they also hang a "gold and silver rope" as well. Kintsuna's and Gitsuna's come in gold and silver repectively ... since the english translation of Kintsuna is "gold rope"and Gitsuna is "silver rope"

both the Fusa and Kintsuna is symbolic for the hometown of Junction Produce.
Old 08-25-06, 12:13 PM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

In my opinon it looks a heck of alot better than fuzzy dice, or a piece of crystal, or some church saint/ rosery hanging from your mirror. It classy, and has some historical value, and keeps within the theme of a japanese car. Plus it a V.I.P. thing.

or you can look at it this way.
It also shows you got $50 - $100 to throw away on a rope with a knot and two tassles. Oh, and a chunk of wood. But it does come in a fancy box.
Old 08-25-06, 12:19 PM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by EFMJR

or you can look at it this way.
It also shows you got $50 - $100 to throw away on a rope with a knot and two tassles. Oh, and a chunk of wood. But it does come in a fancy box.
AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
Old 08-25-06, 12:21 PM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

if you go ot oriental stores... they usually have like all kinds of red hangind thingies.. very oriental... very cool designs some of them.. and usually sub 10 bux.... ill take a pic of mine one day... one day./.
Old 08-25-06, 12:29 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Curtain tassels. You can even find them in white black silver etc.. and declare it a FUSA.

Quick Reply: JP Fusa