GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-06 | 07:16 AM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

Default Introduction

Hey what's going on everyone, my name's Joe and I just recently got my '98 GS300.

It has about 88k on the odometer, and it was my moms. I decided to sell my old car (bottle fed neon R/T) and I bought the Lexus off of her. Here are the only two pics I have for now:

The paint is scratched to high hell, but right now I am leaving it in a college parking lot so I can't complain. Once I get out I plan on re-painting it, but until then I am not worrying about it.

I plan on modding it a bit, but nothing crazy (Eclipse headunit, maybe a few asthetics, etc.)

Anyways, Hopefully I can meet up with a few people sometime, and hopefully I can learn a bit while I'm on here.
Old 08-31-06 | 07:20 AM
AW99GS400
Pole Position

Welcome to CL Joe make sure u have a good alarm before u leave the
beautiful GS in a college parking lot

Adrian
Old 08-31-06 | 07:33 AM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AW99GS400
Welcome to CL Joe make sure u have a good alarm before u leave the
beautiful GS in a college parking lot

Adrian
Thankfully there are cameras in the parking lot that I park in, so I trust that nothing will happen.

Also, I was wondering if anyone happens to have the '05 GS430 tails or the GS Junction Produce Tail lights, eyelids, Greddy GS Lip, and the TRD grille. If anyone has any of that could they post some pictures?

Also, does anyone have any larger pictures of the 98-01 Lexus GS300 Crux Kit, more specifically the rear bumper? I'm trying to get some ideas for the car. I have to deal with the CEL light first, but I figure it can't hurt to start getting some ideas for the car.

Is Lextasy the only aftermarket website I should be looking at? I know with my neon there were a few sites, and others to make sure to avoid. Any help with any of these questions would be great. Thanks again!
Old 08-31-06 | 07:38 AM
black_gs99
Lead Lap

WELCOME! i also have a gs300 and i'll give you alittle advice...use the search tool and you'll find abunch of threads on here with all the stuff you mentioned...also check out the for sale area to find some good deals on mods for your car...
Old 08-31-06 | 07:46 AM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, I was planning on doing a bit of searching, but since I had already made a thread I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Anyways, thanks for the welcome. I'll be sure to search around.
Old 08-31-06 | 09:23 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Joe, welcome to Club Lexus and congrats on your purchase. That is one virgin GS just ripe for modding . Can't wait to see what you do to her in the future.
Old 08-31-06 | 09:35 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the best modding site on the planet! You couldn't have picked a better color! Let the modding begin!

Last edited by Wringo; 08-31-06 at 10:44 AM.
Old 08-31-06 | 10:03 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Congratulations on the purchase. You and I have the same car. almost.

Mod away!
Old 08-31-06 | 10:34 AM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

I definitely plan on modding the car a bit, but like I said before the paint is not in the best shape. It has been driven all highway miles (MA to NH and MA to CT) so the front bumper is nice and chipped, but for right now I really am not concerned with it. It will be in a school parking lot and is going to get a bit roughed up. I already ordered the Lamin-X lighting kit for the front lights (Yellow fog covers, blue headlight covers) and once I wet-sand them I plan on putting them on. I was also thinking about a silver/CF theme, but haven't really taken enough time to fully photoshop it all. This is what I've gotten so far:

It didn't come out exactly perfect, but each of them is a little different so I'm trying to get some ideas. I like the top left, specifically the lower lip, but I'm not sure how far I want to go with the black/silver or silver/cf look I want to go.

Anyways, if anyone needs some PS work done let me know too.. I'm not great at photoshop but I know a good amount. Thanks again for the warm welcome, and I'm going to be checking out that thread with all of the silver cars in it. Hopefully I can meet up with some people sooner or later.
Old 08-31-06 | 11:24 AM
fatmike
Lead Lap

If you search it, you will see people are not very happy with Lextasy. Try l-tunedparts.com, it's a great website. Welcome to CL