GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Look What I Got in the Mail Today!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-06 | 10:08 AM
trancuongv
Advanced

Originally Posted by chuckb
someone ripped your radio?! I'd be down there seeing what else got messed up. how did they get in to the car to get the radio and how did they remove it?

good luck!
when i first dropped off the car, the owner said he will park it inside the shop and that he had an alarm and what not. they didnt even park the car inside and he was parked outside unlocked. they said another car got hit up too and that car had a broken window cause it wasnt locked. ill be contacting the owner monday morning to see what he will do about my radio and what he is going to do about the bodykit matching the car's body paint. ill be going down there after work again to see if anything else is missing. thanks guys for the support, ill keep you guys up to date.
Old 09-24-06 | 10:39 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Damn dude, thats f'kd up!!! I mean I did tell you to be careful with body shops lol . But your radio getting jacked, man that I didn't expect. Most of the "expensive"/"high profile" shops around my area park all of their customer cars in the garage. If the shop won't pay will your insurance cover your radio and damage?
Old 09-24-06 | 10:52 AM
trancuongv
Advanced

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Damn dude, thats f'kd up!!! I mean I did tell you to be careful with body shops lol . But your radio getting jacked, man that I didn't expect. Most of the "expensive"/"high profile" shops around my area park all of their customer cars in the garage. If the shop won't pay will your insurance cover your radio and damage?
yea my insurance will cover the radio and what not but i just dont want to file a claim just for that and plus its not even my fault. ill see wassup on monday when i call and go down there after work.
Old 09-24-06 | 11:01 AM
skpark70
Lexus Champion

I had a similiar experience w/ bodyshop... This particular bodyshop is well known high end shop and they did a great job but one thing bother me a bit, in my trunk subwoofer wire were yanked out of the amp. These are monster cable and needed to be screwed in by allen wrench.
Old 09-26-06 | 01:45 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Hmmmmm....sounds kinda fishy to me.....inside job?

Shop owner is liable....car is in his care....he did NOT keep his promise to keep in under shelter and locked in his shop....he left is outside and unlocked....his liability insurance should cover it.

Good luck.

Pete
Old 09-26-06 | 03:07 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PHML
Hmmmmm....sounds kinda fishy to me.....inside job?

Shop owner is liable....car is in his care....he did NOT keep his promise to keep in under shelter and locked in his shop....he left is outside and unlocked....his liability insurance should cover it.

Good luck.

Pete
my exact thoughts
Old 09-26-06 | 03:26 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

sorry about your car being broken into, definately sounds like someone around the shop had their eye on your car
Old 09-26-06 | 05:20 AM
trancuongv
Advanced

the shop owner said that it could be a possibility that someone that goes to the shop may have done it too. with that being said, the paint shop is still trying to match my car with the bodykit. the first time he painted it, it was too silverish and it didnt have that millenium silver look. so he wet sanded the kit and sprayed it last night. i dont know what the problem is in matching the millenium silver but he is gona spray it again to see if it does come out right this time. he thinks the painter didnt use enough paint the first time and thats why it didnt match up. on the other note about my head unit, he said to bring him the receipts and he will take care of it. wish me luck guys!!! any insight on why the paint isnt coming up right?
Old 09-26-06 | 06:21 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Paint?

Maybe the wrong paint code(1CO)! The paint should match? I can understand not an exact match, but it shouldn't be that noticeable! I'm thinking they used Alpine Silver instead of Millenium Silver or mixed to much metallic in the paint.

Last edited by Wringo; 09-26-06 at 06:31 AM.
Old 09-26-06 | 06:23 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear about the paint match and head unit issues. Hopefully they'll take care of you and get the paint right and replace the head unit. Kit looks great, of course.

You got a great deal on the Vertex kit, I'm sure you'll be happy when the paint is right and the head unit is replaced.
Old 09-26-06 | 06:28 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

from what I've read silver and white are the hardest colors to match.
Old 09-26-06 | 07:11 AM
trancuongv
Advanced

Originally Posted by wringo
Maybe the wrong paint code(1CO)! The paint should match? I can understand not an exact match, but it shouldn't be that noticeable! I'm thinking they used Alpine Silver instead of Millenium Silver or mixed to much metallic in the paint.
you think the painter did put enough of the paint on when he painted it the first time? ive looked at the paint that he used and it looks exactly like millenium silver too. he also ordered a pint of alpine silver to compare the two cause he thought they messed the wrong paint code. but when we compared the two, the alpine didnt have that darkness but a much brighter silver. so he thinks that the painter didnt use enough of color of the paint the first time around. so i dont even know now. they suppose to paint it again yesterday with the same millenium silver paint to see how it turns out on something else and then use it on the bodykit again. ill call them this morning to see how it turns out. ill keep you guys posted. any other thoughts will be appreciated.