GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I Am Ruined!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-06, 04:25 PM
Billh2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I first bought my car, one of the Attorneys in my office questioned the wisdom of buying a car that there was no local dealer for. He told me that the only reason he kept his 'Benz was the fact that the local dealer was very good, especially their service department. I know his car has spent a LOT of time in the shop, as I have picked him up quite a few times. I am waiting for the right moment to tell him that I have had no need for a Lexus dealership, and that seems to be a common trait with these cars.
Old 09-26-06, 04:43 PM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

I too am scared for life....Now I am trying to sell my SUV (No Names..hahahah) and pick up a RX for my wife.

Thanks for everything CL....and not to mention the modding bug my wife now thinks I am crazy when I tell her that I want to keep the GS for my son and buy the new LS....oh god the new LS....Okay I have to log off now....

I use to be a golfer, a Kart racer, occasional paint baller....now I am a modder!

THANKS!!!!!

Cheers,

Revhard191
Old 09-26-06, 06:25 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 250 Posts

There're worse afflictions. (Coffee. Booze. Smack.)

Other styles may seem appealing from time to time, but if you absolutely need to get there, you need a Toyota. If you absolutely need to get there in style, you need a Lexus.

Imagine a commercial showcasing the new Lexus models, a voiceover with the standard snooty British inflection:

"With such choices, the question is not which car to buy; it is, "Which Lexus?"

(c)2005 jonathan butz - just in case it shows up in a commercial
Old 09-26-06, 07:03 PM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Haha, as we say. Once you go Lex you don't go back
Ain't that the truth
Old 09-26-06, 08:31 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

great post man, glad you like the GS, its a great car!
Old 09-26-06, 08:40 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One GS owner 2 another your WELCOME
Old 09-26-06, 09:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

lol, welcome, and dont' say i didn't warn you, it's only going to get WORSE from now on

and forget about people beside you, people who understand you won't even say those stuff. i don't even want my boss to know i have gs400 and sc430.....
Old 09-26-06, 09:57 PM
dcentric
Driver

I know the feeling about being "ruined". My first Lexus was an LX470 and I have been sold since. I now own two "Lexi" and couldn't be happier. This is in the wake of owning a Saab 9-3 conv. and a Volvo S60 R.
Old 09-27-06, 06:41 AM
SloGS3
Pole Position

Its a great car. very low maintenance, but once you have to get the maintenance done it can get expensive! I was thinking real hard about selling mine and getting an 03 Z06, but decided to keep it since its paid off and mod it a bit, and get a bike to sure the speed bug! Glad you are happy with your Lex!
Old 09-27-06, 06:50 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you spend a lot of time just looking at it? There was a post here a while back about how when you park you GS and walk away, do you turn to look back at it. I do that every day and say to myself....Damn that is a sweet looking car. Then on the way back to my car after work I look around the parking garage at all the "other" vehicles and say "What is wrong with these people, why don't they all own a Lexus ". Enjoy your GS .
Old 09-27-06, 06:55 AM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Good Post, made me smile. I too had one Lex at first, the wife's RX. I had to get myself one after driving hers for a while, thus we now a 2 lex family and neither of us have a desire to buy another brand.
Old 09-27-06, 07:56 AM
AW99GS400
Pole Position

GOD DAMNIT this place ruined my life big time too I drive a 99 Gs400 with 70k on it, the car looks brand new not a scratch or dent on it. Everywhere i go i get people to turn their heads, one time i almost cost an accident when a driver ran a red light looking at my car i know the car is 7 yrs old but to me it is still the best car on the road today

Adrian
Old 09-27-06, 08:04 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Billh2
I am ruined, and I hold you people responsible! I lurked on this group, reading about how your #%$# Lexus’s were such fine cars for almost a year. Finally, I went out and bought a used GS430! Paid a LOT of money for it and have had to endure a LOT of comments about being able to afford such a luxury car by people I work for who make a LOT more money than I do. I have driven this car for 1 ½ years, and have had to do exactly NOTHING to it except normal maintenance.

It’s a great car, but here is my complaint: From now on, I will never be happy with anything less. I find myself comparing everything I drive or ride in to my Lexus, and so far they all come up short. I drove my boss’s new Q35. Didn’t tell her, but compared to my GS430, it’s a POS. My wife drives a Taurus, I dread it when we have to go somewhere in it. I have turned into a Lexus snob, and YOU PEOPLE ARE RESPONSIBLE!!!
I just want to say; THANKS
I LOVE IT!!!
Old 09-27-06, 09:12 AM
GUNRU-GS4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Join the club, I'm on my third Lex now and there is no going back to a GM vehicle that rattles, shakes, and has a cheap crappy interior! The smooth engines and quality of these Lexus is addicting.
Old 09-27-06, 09:25 AM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Good post. I will never not have a Lexus for a daily driver. A lot of people at work looked and me funny when I got my Lexus. I am just a technician and they don't expect you to be driving that nice of a car. The only other car that comes close to my Lexus here at work is the owners new BMW 750li. The Lexus does get a lot of attention and respect but there are a few people think you are a snob also.

Quick Reply: I Am Ruined!