GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I Am Ruined!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-06, 11:40 AM
Billh2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Am Ruined!

I am ruined, and I hold you people responsible! I lurked on this group, reading about how your #%$# Lexus’s were such fine cars for almost a year. Finally, I went out and bought a used GS430! Paid a LOT of money for it and have had to endure a LOT of comments about being able to afford such a luxury car by people I work for who make a LOT more money than I do. I have driven this car for 1 ½ years, and have had to do exactly NOTHING to it except normal maintenance.

It’s a great car, but here is my complaint: From now on, I will never be happy with anything less. I find myself comparing everything I drive or ride in to my Lexus, and so far they all come up short. I drove my boss’s new Q35. Didn’t tell her, but compared to my GS430, it’s a POS. My wife drives a Taurus, I dread it when we have to go somewhere in it. I have turned into a Lexus snob, and YOU PEOPLE ARE RESPONSIBLE!!!
I just want to say; THANKS
Old 09-26-06, 11:47 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Billh2
I am ruined, and I hold you people responsible! I lurked on this group, reading about how your #%$# Lexus’s were such fine cars for almost a year. Finally, I went out and bought a used GS430! Paid a LOT of money for it and have had to endure a LOT of comments about being able to afford such a luxury car by people I work for who make a LOT more money than I do. I have driven this car for 1 ½ years, and have had to do exactly NOTHING to it except normal maintenance.

It’s a great car, but here is my complaint: From now on, I will never be happy with anything less. I find myself comparing everything I drive or ride in to my Lexus, and so far they all come up short. I drove my boss’s new Q35. Didn’t tell her, but compared to my GS430, it’s a POS. My wife drives a Taurus, I dread it when we have to go somewhere in it. I have turned into a Lexus snob, and YOU PEOPLE ARE RESPONSIBLE!!!
Once you drive a Lex, it's almost like sex!
Old 09-26-06, 11:55 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Haha, as we say. Once you go Lex you don't go back
Old 09-26-06, 11:58 AM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'll forgo the comfort and let me drive your 1965 GT-350 Shelby muscle car you got there.
Old 09-26-06, 12:00 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

You're welcome
Old 09-26-06, 12:04 PM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's alright, the handling is too soft for me. But hey, that's what it's supposed to be.
Old 09-26-06, 12:23 PM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

I feel your pain. Im in the same boat here, My girlfriend says Im a snob now cause I dont want to ride in her tahoe, and am trying to get her to dump it and get herself an RX.
Old 09-26-06, 01:15 PM
Billh2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by corkycal
i'll forgo the comfort and let me drive your 1965 GT-350 Shelby muscle car you got there.

I couldn't bring myself to do that to a fellow Lexus owner. The Shelby is WAY too noisy, no Mark Levinson, for that matter, not even a AM radio no power steering or brakes or AC. etc
Old 09-26-06, 01:15 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Another happy GS owner!
Old 09-26-06, 01:26 PM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

Well, Billh2, I am very sorry you've been ruined for life; most of us have been too! I sold a GS300 1.5 years ago and bought a Honda. I was trying to be conservative so I sold my 7 year old for a brand new Honda and regretted every minute of it. I told myself it was temporary until I am done paying for my MBA and then I would go pick up another Lex. Well, I sold the Honda and got a GS430 with everything 9 months later. Even during gas prices screaming higher, I bought the 430, if there was a 500 I would have bought that. When I am sitting at a stop light, I look around to see who has a nicer car then mine, even in so cal; southern orange county, I still consider mine to be one of the best. Snob??? Ok, that fits, I am a true snob and proud of it. My Lexus is my baby and I am ruined too for life.

Support groups not needed!
Old 09-26-06, 01:55 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I have to say that I'm in the same boat as well. I can never go back. I'm going to stay in the Lexus/toyota family for a long time. I'm already thinking about my next car in a few years.. Beleive it or not The Avalon looks pretty nice as well.. I'll see what happens in the next few years.. I'd say that lexus is on a wining streak with there cars.. Oh, and Congrats on spending your money on such a great looking car...

Tony
Old 09-26-06, 02:11 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

HAHAH congrats on the car purchase (a little late) and Once you got Lex it is like sex lol.
Old 09-26-06, 02:11 PM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I couldn't bring myself to do that to a fellow Lexus owner. The Shelby is WAY too noisy, no Mark Levinson, for that matter, not even a AM radio no power steering or brakes or AC. etc
the happyness will come when you floor the shelby and let it go it's nice that you have both cars.
Old 09-26-06, 03:51 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow i must admit when i started to read this thread i thought it was going bad ....lol but now we have another lexus customer that is happy and will compare everything to a lexus product this brings a to my face !! and a big
Old 09-26-06, 03:55 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

It's funny cause sometimes I think, what am I gonna do when my GS has 350k miles on it. I'm about to buy another 2nd gen GS and keep it in reserve for when I blow this one up. I thought about selling my GS and getting a 350Z or a G35 but I can't do it. It's the perfect car for me as far as size, look, comfort, etc.

Quick Reply: I Am Ruined!