GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Hey Guys Im in a bit of a Delima let me know what I should Do.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-06, 07:07 PM
JamRWS6
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think UPS probably lost the piece when they damaged it. Probably the box got torn in their automated process and it wound up on their floor. I would start a claim process and hope you are still within their terms. Y'all are pointing fingers at each other when probably neither one is at fault. Do you have your weight when it was shipped initially? If so, compare it to what you have now. Hope it works out for both of you!
Old 10-18-06, 07:10 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default sc

Just to straighten a couple facts, I am no longer in LA but just south of sacramento now, and according to ups, the package never left Vegas. They were not really willing to disclose anything to me only to the actual shipper. All they said was that they refused to ship because the package appeared damaged and the shipper would have to pick it up. No more SC's made and part is unavailable and rmm refuses to produce another.

And to socalvip, yes I do still have both original boxes and all packaging and I have checked it thouroughly, not to mention that it is a farly big part not just a bolt. It would be hard to miss.

Funny how it took CHris 3 months to finally say he was 100 percent sure he packed it.
Old 10-18-06, 08:59 PM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how much does the missing item cost? may split the cost of the missing item?
Old 10-18-06, 10:37 PM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

LALEX1,

i hope that your only missing the plastic tensioner (made by dayco) pulley. i picked up the last bit of parts (tensioner bold, spacer, washer) from them that holds the tensioner in place. blair and eric told me that they don't have the files to make another .
Old 10-19-06, 12:35 AM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Yup thats the piece. The tensioner. The one that is no longer available. I called RMM and they told me the same thing. This was over a month ago. But Chris told me he would still call them and get one even though RMM had already told me they were not available anymore. Funny thing, then Chris never called me back and we finally spoke today when I called him from a blocked number. Now he says he's 100% sure he packed it. Go figure.
Old 10-19-06, 12:42 AM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

damn that sucks. maybe rmm could try and find the file for that spacer. the bolt and washer could be found at probably home depot or lowe's. the spacer that fits on the back of that pulley is the problem. it's a custom machined piece that's not going to be found readily anywhere. do you have a parts list? let us know and we'll try and help you figure it out.
Old 10-19-06, 01:24 AM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Default oh no

Well guess what. It gets worst. I'm up looking through clublexus for pictures of a COMPLETE sc kit, when I stumble upon this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=236534, it has a pretty good picture of a complete sc kit. There are instructions that came with the kit Chris sold me but they don't exactly have a good parts list. More like black and white pictures of the parts which makes it a little hard to decipher between certain parts (specially dark parts bolts etc...) of the sc kit. Anyway I now noticed that MORE PARTS ARE MISSING. If the picture on that link has all the parts included in the sc kit, then I AM S.O.L. I seem to not have enough bolts and even a little bracket is missing. I can't tell too well how many bolts yet. Tommorrow I will lay everything out clearly and take a picture with my digi and people who have this kit, please chime in and tell me if I'm missing anything else.
Old 10-19-06, 01:31 AM
milky
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont think LALEX would go through all this trouble just to pull a quick one for a $11 tensioner. Its just the principle of the matter that's not right.

if its a complete s/c, then seller should be responsible.
Old 10-19-06, 05:23 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LALEX1
Well guess what. It gets worst. I'm up looking through clublexus for pictures of a COMPLETE sc kit, when I stumble upon this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=236534, it has a pretty good picture of a complete sc kit. There are instructions that came with the kit Chris sold me but they don't exactly have a good parts list. More like black and white pictures of the parts which makes it a little hard to decipher between certain parts (specially dark parts bolts etc...) of the sc kit. Anyway I now noticed that MORE PARTS ARE MISSING. If the picture on that link has all the parts included in the sc kit, then I AM S.O.L. I seem to not have enough bolts and even a little bracket is missing. I can't tell too well how many bolts yet. Tommorrow I will lay everything out clearly and take a picture with my digi and people who have this kit, please chime in and tell me if I'm missing anything else.
This is bad news. I was so hoping for a peaceful outcome. This may be premature but looks like the seller needs to step up to the plate.
Old 10-19-06, 03:11 PM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

For real, where's the seller at? I mean he's the one that posted this thread. Can this piece be machined at all? have you tried to get in touch with a machine shop or something. This really sucks. Hope you find a solution LALEX.
Im thinking of going FI for next year and would hate to go through this.
Old 10-19-06, 04:46 PM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Now im going to say some harsh things, but im not sticking up for either of you. I have worked at UPS many years ago and boxes do get broken, thrown, launched etc. Some disgrunted employees deliberately throw boxes, roll rims off the conveyor belt and gets dinged. I mean these night workers and sorters get pay jack.

The seller should have not received the box before checking it. I'm willing to bet that UPS lost it.

The buyer should have done his homework. If you bought the kit, you should have made a list of what is all included or better yet called RMM for a parts list. I know it was your first time buying an SC and all, but for an item that is $5000 you bet your butt I would have opened all the boxes and inspect every bolt and nut before the seller left regardless of your time, situation etc. If this part was done, none of this would have happenned.

Good luck to both of you.
Old 10-19-06, 05:06 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by benzo555
Now im going to say some harsh things, but im not sticking up for either of you. I have worked at UPS many years ago and boxes do get broken, thrown, launched etc. Some disgrunted employees deliberately throw boxes, roll rims off the conveyor belt and gets dinged. I mean these night workers and sorters get pay jack.

The seller should have not received the box before checking it. I'm willing to bet that UPS lost it.

The buyer should have done his homework. If you bought the kit, you should have made a list of what is all included or better yet called RMM for a parts list. I know it was your first time buying an SC and all, but for an item that is $5000 you bet your butt I would have opened all the boxes and inspect every bolt and nut before the seller left regardless of your time, situation etc. If this part was done, none of this would have happenned.

I agree w/ you BUT even if he had done that in Vegas it is still possible w/ all the parts involved he might not even known what was missing. I feel that if a seller says that it is all there it should be all there.
Since it was damaged at UPS and if the buyer would have know that bit of info. he might have been prompted to inspect more.

I think that since the packaging was messed up by UPS and the seller re-packaged it is more than likely the part was lost on the sellers end than the buyers. now that the part is not available the seller has no interest in taking it back or correcting the problem. just my $.02
Old 10-19-06, 05:09 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LALEX1,
I'm still not 100% on which tensioner part(s) you are missing. The entire tensioner assembly is made up of several parts, bolts and aluminum machined parts.
The main tensioner assembly can be seen just below the intercooler and the injectors.

Are you missing the pulley, the pulley bolt, the aluminum slot insert, aluminum bracket, tensioning screw, the stainless steel tensioning screw block or the whole darn thing?

I "might" be able to help out, but I'd need to know exactly what you're missing. Are other non-tensioner parts missing as well?

Last edited by RMMGS4; 10-19-06 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-19-06, 05:27 PM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by benzo555

how are any of your comments helping resolve the situation??? he says he has pictures of the packaging and parts. let's let him post up the pictures he took and help him figure out what he's missing.
Old 10-19-06, 08:12 PM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

trbopooh

I was just stating the fact that I'm certain that UPS lost it plain and simple. The previous posts talk about how its the seller's fault etc. Both parties should have checked the package, but none of that matters anyway. Just trying to inform you guys that a little preliminary work can save alot of headaches.

RMMGS4

I applaud your efforts and helping fellow members. Hopefully you will come thru

Quick Reply: Hey Guys Im in a bit of a Delima let me know what I should Do.