GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Hey Guys Im in a bit of a Delima let me know what I should Do.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-06, 04:04 PM
thirdmotio
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this is taken to court, with all these missing parts, there're laws that protect buyers in transactions like this and judge and the law won't be on seller's side. If Chris don't step up to resolve this issue, i suggest take it to court with full effect and sue him for full money back PLUS any legal fee's, travel expenses, etc.
You don't just ignore someone that you sold $4,000 product to which has missing parts. That is f"cked up. PERIOD.
Old 10-20-06, 04:05 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default sc

Thats exactly what I feel like. Chris lets hope the ups claim goes good.
Old 10-20-06, 06:37 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

idk if i missed this... but why would ups pay for any of this if they REFUSED to ship it, then to me, they assume no responsibility... if anyone could try and ship a destroyed box and then claim ups was responsible, they would go out of business... idk, but i think that ups wont do anything
Old 10-20-06, 07:08 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by varcity64
idk if i missed this... but why would ups pay for any of this if they REFUSED to ship it, then to me, they assume no responsibility... if anyone could try and ship a destroyed box and then claim ups was responsible, they would go out of business... idk, but i think that ups wont do anything
Unfortunately for the buyer, this is a great point. I'm still a little confused about the whole UPS thing. Did they actually take possession of it or did the seller just go there to drop it off and they refused it? I assume it's the former, because if it's the latter, then the whole UPS thing is completely irrelevant.
Old 10-20-06, 07:25 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Default Sc

UPS is all messed up. They actually were in possession of it,I spoke to them yesterday and they said they actually delivered it back to CHris(lasvegasgs) 11 days after they recieved it. shipped on the 13th delivered on the 24th. (OF JULY) During that period of time I kept tracking it and it kept saying est deliv date was 15, then 16 then 17 then 18 ... So I finally called them and they said it was still in vegas, had never left and for the shipper to pick it up. But yesterday they told me they actually shipped it to chris's door. They refused to ship it (hopefully any further) because it was damaged. My mistake was trusting Chris when he said it was ok, just the box was a little damaged. He said everythingt was bubble wrapped inside so not to worry. Now I'm guessing there must have been a pretty big hole in the box or maybe it was even open, for the kit to be missing all of these parts now. So he has to have at least wondered if parts "fell out".

So what I'm guessing happened now is, he dropped off the package at a ups center, it was taken to another station in Vegas, then from there they refused to deliver probably because it had been damaged (most likely by them). So then they returned it to CHris, why that took 11 days is beyond me. Except for the fact that they kept telling me the shipper had to go and pick it up, but now they are saying different. I explained all of this to them and they still said they would send out a claim (adjuster?). Either way Chris should be handling this, they did say they were going to call him lets just hope he picks up the phone, because he hasn't been doing it for me.

Last edited by LALEX1; 10-20-06 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-20-06, 07:43 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up

I would like to commend CL mods on keeping this open and hope the other members will refrain from saying "how fuct up this is" and keep it friendly.