GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Hey Guys Im in a bit of a Delima let me know what I should Do.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-06, 04:09 AM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Guys Im in a bit of a Delima let me know what I should Do.

So the story begin's as of me selling my supercharger. I found a buyer packed up the supercharger & met the guy with 2 box's at the Las Vegas Strip and drove him to the air port. Now 3 weeks later I get a phone call and he says that the Tensioner pulley is missing. Now at this point I'm 100% sure I packed it as I remember taping all the nuts and bolts that go to it around it so the new owner wouldn't have to guess. He asks me to look around my garage as I do I tear it inside out even tho I'm sure it was sent. No tensioner pulley here.

So let me know what you think. Or maybe you know of a place to get one.
Old 09-29-06, 05:36 AM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Not sure where you can get one but have the buyer double check his boxes. I purchased a set of Bilsteins from a member and thought he forgot to include the adjusting wrenches. I was ready to start emailing when I decided to empty the box and go through it with a fine tooth comb. Sure enough they were in there buried in the peanuts and bubble wrap. This was on garbage day, I was so close to dragging that box out to the curb, I'm glad now I hung onto to it for a few extra days.
Old 09-29-06, 08:14 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

to me, the fair thing to do would be to split it. HOWEVER, there is a thing called AS-IS and what you see is what you get AND their is also a thing called YOUR WORD... now, if you know for a FACT that you packed it and it was with everything and that you dont have it, then u can stand ur ground and not do anything about it. if you have doubts, then look all over for it again and if u cant find it, then split the cost... but idk what i would do if i were u since im not in ur shoes. personally, i think u know what to do inside, but its a matter of your INTEGRITY...

pm sent anyway...
Old 09-29-06, 08:32 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you KNOW that it was in there, and that he had to have recieved it, then it's really not your problem if he lost it.
Old 09-29-06, 08:38 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Call RMM and they will tell you which one you need. If i is the same one I am thinking of it was like $11.

Jonny
Old 10-18-06, 04:14 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default sorry for the long post

I am the buyer in this transaction, and had not seen this thread, in fact I had started my own thread and even hesitated to do that because I didn't want to say anything bad about Chris(LasVegasGS) since he had been so helpful in vegas. But anyway This is what happened, I purchased this supercharger from Chris for $3857.00 on july 5th. It was shipped by chris on July 13. I never received the product, so I called ups and they said once the product got to there station, that they refused to ship due to product being damaged. So they said the shipper would have to go and pick up product. So, finally chris picked it up about 1 week later. I was going to be in Vegas on the 21st for about a week so I told him that I would just pick it up and take it with me on the airplane. He agreed and told me he was even going to repackage it because it was in a big box and instead put it into 2 boxes so that I could fit it in my gs (which was parked in sacramento). He even gave me and my girlfriend a ride to the airport. When I got home I opened it and everything looked like it was there but what would I know, it was the 1st sc I had ever purchased. The next weekend right before I was about to start the install, I looked over the parts list and noticed that the piece was missing. No thing had ever been moved from the place where I opened it (and it's still sitting in the same place on my living room floor. i even have the packaging he sent it in. I brought this to his attention and he said he would look around for it. Then I lost all contact, even though his screename was still signing on to CL. finally his "friend" contacted me through PM saying he was in hawaii. But of course he must have left his cell phone in vegas. and that he would be back on the 15th of september. So I waited patiently. He has yet to call me back as I am always the one calling him, then he said he would call rmm and Lms and he said he should be able to get the part from them. He never called me back. So I called RMM and they said they would never make just 1. They were produced in bulks of 30. So they said I was pretty much screwed. Finally after calling Chris pretty much everyday, I decided to block my number today, and guess what He answered.(it is october 18 over 3 months since he recieved payment) Now he is saying I sent everything and I'm sure of it. Well i would have no reason to lie about this and I haven't even moved the sc from the same place since I opened it. I guess I'm gonna have to Take this to small claims. Chris this is ridiculous, you met me and I'm sure you can tell I'm not the type to screw people over. If you are so sure you can get the part then take back the sc give me my money, and once you get the part you can sell it again. **** I would buy it if it was complete. Who do you think lost the part, you had to repackage it at least once and even ups said the first box was damaged and thats why they wouldn't ship. Or me who opened the package and has not moved it since. What do you guys think?
Old 10-18-06, 04:47 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Is there anyone in your house that could have moved the missing part between the time you unpacked it and left it on the living room floor and the time you went to do the install and discovered the part missing?
If not, I would say a logical explanation would be that possibly the pulley fell out of the box while in the care of UPS since the original box it was in was damaged, or, Chris somehow forgot to include it in the two boxes you picked up from him in Vegas. He says he distinctly remembers packing it because he taped the nuts and bolts for it together so they wouldn't get lost, but, maybe his recollection of doing this was when he packed it up the first time - into the box that got damaged.
Hope you both are able to get this resolved amicably.
Old 10-18-06, 05:04 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Default Sc

There is no way anybody would have touched it. Only my gf is at my house and trust me she would never touch any of my car stuff. Funny how Chris left out the whole part about the ups incident. Anyway he basically told me today to do what I want (in other words sue him.) So I thought he was a stand up guy from how he acted in Vegas, but apparently not. Luckily I have all his info address parents address etc (since his dad is who I actually sent the payment to) and I'm in Vegas at least once a month now. See ya in Vegas Chris.
Old 10-18-06, 05:09 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Seller should provide you with missing parts. You deserve for what you paid, whatever the agreement was betwen both of you guys, complete or not complete SC Kit...

Lalex, you being able to inspect package at that time (Vegas)puts you in difficult situation, you received what you paid for, you accept the package. Nobody knows what was inside, even you right?

Lalex, how do you want to prove there was no pulley in the box
LasVegasGS, how do you want to prove that pulley was in the package

I belive Lalex don't lie and LasVegasGS don't lie as well, so Lalex by not checking what he was buying is responsible at least 50% and LasVegasGS another 50% for being unable to prove that he sent pulley in the package. THE END
Old 10-18-06, 05:23 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Default sc

I was unable to inspect package because It was all taped up and he picked me up at my hotel and drove me straight to the airport> yeah I guess I should still have opened it but, how am I suppose to know everything that comes with a supercharger. This is the first one I have purchased. He says his friend was with him when he packaged it up and swears it was there. But that actually was probably before the ups incident, specially since he told me his friend remebers wrapping up the piece. There would have been no reason to re-wrap the piece the 2nd time he packaged it. And I had my gf with me when I opened it and I pointed out that this piece was missing. I even had her double check everything in case I had somehow missed it. He is not even offering anymore help, he just told me to do what I have to do. And I even have that conversation recorded.
Also if it had been shipped to me then I would be in the same situation how would I inspect it after I received it. I would be screwed either way.
Sorry for venting so much but this was a $4000.00 transaction, not just a couple hundred dollar transaction. Wow I never thought the world of F1 would be this hard. Think you're having problems kharizma, I can't even install mine.
Old 10-18-06, 05:31 PM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of S/C is this? RMM? I guess it uses a Vortech? Why not try contacting them instead of RMM? Im sure there are a few aftermarket or underdrive pulleys or something.

But not sure what yall can do in this situation. But maybe if yall can find a pulley and split the cost..
Old 10-18-06, 05:40 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Man, I hate it when stuff like this happens between CL members. Is there any way you guys can split the cost of replacing the missing piece? Please guys, work it out.
Old 10-18-06, 05:41 PM
thirdmotio
Pole Position

well, if the seller admits to selling COMPLETE SUPER CHARGET kit and buyer didn't recieve COMPLETE kit, seller is responsible. Simple as that.
Old 10-18-06, 06:34 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

This is a tough one. I think what complicates the situation is that the original package was damaged and UPS returned it to the seller. Here's a question for the seller. You say that you're sure you taped up the pulley and packed it in the box. Was that the first time or the second time around? My guess is that it was the first time, unless you specifically remember removing the taped up pulley from the original box and putting it in one of the two separate boxes. Is it possible that it fell out of the damaged packaging while in the possession of UPS?

I also think the buyer is right in that he would have no idea if the part was missing even if he had inspected the package in Las Vegas. So, I'm not sure that really makes a difference.

Also, I'm wondering if either of you know how or why the original package was damaged. Was it packed properly? Why would UPS refuse to deliver the package in LA and ship it back to LV? Is that standard procedure? I have to believe that the problem occurred when it was dropped off in LV and it never left LV because of the problem. If the package was already damaged or not packed properly when first dropped off at UPS, then I think the seller should bear more of the responsibility here.

Anyway, unfortunately, we'll never know what really happened, and I think the only thing you can do is split the cost of a new pulley. How much does one run? Are we talking about a lot of money?

Last edited by e-man; 10-18-06 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-18-06, 06:58 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Something along the same lines happened to me when I had my E36 M3. I bought a set of H&R Coilovers used and 2 of the top hats were missing and the adjusting wrenches. The guy had sent me a huge box and I had threw it out already. After 2 emails and 2 days of looking I decided to check the box (by this time it was trash day) and sure enough on the bottom of all the packaging and bubble wrap there they were, duh!

If you are '100% positive' that you packed it then its got to be there. Unless the buyer wants a new one and he is trying to pull a quick one on you. Since you did your part of looking through your garage inside and out then he should double check the boxes (unless he threw them out already and he left it in there) and see if the item is in the box. Worse comes to worse just SPLIT the cost of a new one.

Quick Reply: Hey Guys Im in a bit of a Delima let me know what I should Do.