GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

People who think every mod is rice annoys me

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-06, 08:06 AM
DoMaMuy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rice is when your car LOOKS faster than it is. Our tuning here for our GS's are "VIP-Style"... Do u understand Mr. teeny bopper civic man? lol. 19" is close to pushing the limit, i mean...20" barely fit into the wheel wells of the GS. Anyways, back to the VIP-style thing. When you tune/mod luxury cars, its a lot more sophisticated than tuning/modding a sports coupe or sports sedan. For a luxury sedan as in the GS, its kinda hard to "rice" things out, especially when its a LUXURY car. I mighta been kinda confusing, but there are some of you out there who understand.

Oh one more thing, its still a damn Lexus!

Last edited by DoMaMuy; 10-04-06 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-04-06, 08:10 AM
ShaiKmai
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by dcentric
"Rice" is a racial slur more than anything else. If you're not asian/japanese then take it for what it's worth. Driving around in a Japanese manufactured car these days is a point of pride and dependability that US/German automakers have yet achieve.

As for me, being both asian and driving a japanese car, I am "rice". But an insult is only powerful if the person who receives it, believes it.
Wow!! Thats deep man. (Not being sarcastic) Its funny cuz i'm asian driving a Levus, but funny thing is I don't look asian (cambodian thank you very much) I get mistaken for mexican, not that there is anything wrong with that and I go to school in a small town where the non-whites aren't that well off, but when they see me zoom by with the LeXo, they look like they ****** their pants
Old 10-04-06, 08:21 AM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Try not to let it bother you, it's all someone else's opinion. Your view is obviously different. Here, those terms rice and ricer are attached to anything that's not American Muscle. They throw those terms around just like they always have in the fued between the Chevy, Mopar and the Ford boys did before the recent years of the import phenonmenon. Be proud to be rice, have a long grain and "steam" or "fry" those guys at the track.
Old 10-04-06, 08:24 AM
Saiji
Lexus Champion

Rice…wow…I heard that everyday when I had my civic hatchback. It was a right hand drive civic type r, fully built with T3/T4 turbo. It was clean…but when I hear the word “RICE” I look at it like this:
A mustang with a GTR badge in the rear
A civic coupe with a Type R badge
A truck with the persons last name BLASTED on the rear windshield
Lighting lug nuts
Undercarriage lights (unless you are at a night show)
13” Plastic wanabe Chrome spinners from Pep Boys
A sticker that says VOLK RACING, and has on stock black wheels
Powered by Mexican sticker…I personally think it’s funny
A saleen double deck wing on a stock civic…you don’t need downforce idiot!
And most of all………A PINK CAR…read the post that says PINK GS430? And you’ll know
And last but not least, when guys think they are hardcore when all they have is Intake-Exhaust TIP combo, drivign with their seats allllll the way back and leaning towards the center console...ROFL
Old 04-19-09, 02:08 AM
CallmeHoku
Driver

Who cares, Its your car you do what you think is nice.
Btw: I thought puddle lights look nice and don't they come stock on some Lexus?
Old 04-19-09, 02:34 AM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

If you got offended by it ..you can put this sticker on your car to make it better.

Personally i LOVE my RICE.
Old 04-19-09, 04:23 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

sall good man. Dont let those asssshattzz get to you. after i got my car out of the shop a while back i got my RMM spoiler installed some ghetto bird with a caddy and blades said my car looks like a honda! LoL
Old 04-19-09, 07:02 AM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If your car isn't rice, then the schmo that claims it is isn't worth your time.

Probably a detroit iron-loving redneck...
Old 04-19-09, 09:45 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

All this rice talk making me hungry. Heading to the bay for some Crabs - hopefully King Crab. Of course, with rice baby!
Old 04-19-09, 09:51 AM
mtparker18
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sam430- Hope your talking about the kind from the sea

but anyway. rice is a very loosly used word. As long as your car is fast, then you not rice. haha

BTW, why reopen a thread from like 06? hahah
Old 04-19-09, 10:31 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

bumping thread from the dead....that's rice...
Old 04-19-09, 01:07 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds to me like the people you are hanging around with are a bunch of pole smoking retards.

Post pics of your car so we can tell you whether it's tastefully done or if it indeed a riced out POS.
Old 04-19-09, 01:18 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexmex
With rice, there needs to also be mentality. It is one thing to beautify your car, basically do whatevery you want with it...I agree with that 100%.

Where the rice exists is all in the head. Case in point. At my track, we get people who bring some dandy looking cars. I mean really nice mods. No rice yet. However, the rice mentality sneaks in when I hear this BS, "This spoiler will make me fly...my fartcan exhaust gives me 20 hp." Basically, turning mods into what they are not.

Anyone tells you rice about your nice vehicle jtgs400, has issues in their own head.
I agree with this 100%. Anyone who uses the term "Rice" or calls another persons mods "Rice" is just an ignorant piece of **** dumb *** who has no respect for another persons creativity and is a person who enjoys putting down and looking down on others.

However, I have no problem with someone putting down ones attitude. I hate the term rice when it comes to modding, but I have much less a problem with one being called a ricer. A ricer can have the most beautify well modded, fastest, best quality mods on the planet, but if his attitude is a piece of **** than he is a ricer.

All said, most people who use the term "Rice" are just haters. They enjoy making others feel bad or inferior.
Old 04-19-09, 01:36 PM
Budhah
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Got many of you beat,,, Married to an Asian and love my RICE... only thing is that "rice" does not describe some of the cars that I have seen that look like they belong in the Hood..

I don't understand, buying a car that is $50k and up, turning it into something that looks like it's from South LA...

Clint Eastwood and his Grand Torino would be disappointed if he saw some of these Ghetto cars... LOL

Talking about the Pink lexus,, wonder if the driver was wearing a full length FUR coat and floppy Fandora.. Just joking with you young whelps...
Old 04-19-09, 01:57 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

UMMMMMM THE LEDS UNDER MY CAR ARE NOT RICE...thank you.

Quick Reply: People who think every mod is rice annoys me