GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

People who think every mod is rice annoys me

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-06, 10:35 AM
jtgs400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People who think every mod is rice annoys me

This word gets thrown around way too much and because of that a lot of people are clueless as to what a riced out car really is. Examples:

You put on a nice set of wheels (19's) - They're oversize. Rice!
Install a roof spoiler - Is that suppose to give you more downforce? Rice!
Add a simple front lip - Bodykits are ugly. Rice!
New exhaust system - Look it's a fartcan. Rice!
yada yada yada....Rice!
Old 10-03-06, 10:40 AM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Someone hatin on your GS?
First off, the roof spoiler is not rice, it looks really awesome.
Second, I have a couple fartcans on the back of my car and I dont get called rice, because I dont hang around with losers that say rice alot. How can 19s be oversized, unless they are on a civic, then yes, that is a little big.
Old 10-03-06, 10:45 AM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only riced thing I've seen on this board so far is adding exterior LEDs underneath the car so it lights up at night :/

Everything else I've seen are tasteful mods.
Old 10-03-06, 10:51 AM
hsk73
Lead Lap

IMO... It's NOT RICE as long as you have performance to back it up!!
What ever you do... You'll still get your respect...
Old 10-03-06, 10:57 AM
Flufferiou
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mikevanle
The only riced thing I've seen on this board so far is adding exterior LEDs underneath the car so it lights up at night :/

Everything else I've seen are tasteful mods.
True, except for Puddle Lights....bippou
Old 10-03-06, 10:59 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Got Rice?

Originally Posted by jtgs400
This word gets thrown around way too much and because of that a lot of people are clueless as to what a riced out car really is. Examples:

You put on a nice set of wheels (19's) - They're oversize. Rice!
Install a roof spoiler - Is that suppose to give you more downforce? Rice!
Add a simple front lip - Bodykits are ugly. Rice!
New exhaust system - Look it's a fartcan. Rice!
yada yada yada....Rice!
Jt,
The key thing to remember, my friend, is its your car. You do what you want to personalize it, the way YOU want to. People have a right to free speech, but don't let others **** on your parade. I guess what I'm saying is, don't let them bother you.
From the looks of your sig, there is nothing rice about it that I see.
Keep Modding My Friend,
-Will
Old 10-03-06, 11:02 AM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

The term rice does get thrown around alot when I'm with my friends. But you have to know the true meaning of it. I don't think anyone would consider the things you listed as rice, unless their jelous of what you have.

Now if you owna GS and have a APR double carbon fiber triple deck 40 pounds of down force wing and LED windshield whiper lights, Pep boys NOS floor mats and 24" spinner wheels. Then yo shi*t is rice.
Old 10-03-06, 11:32 AM
cpone
There can only be One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoCal_VIP
The term rice does get thrown around alot when I'm with my friends. But you have to know the true meaning of it. I don't think anyone would consider the things you listed as rice, unless their jelous of what you have.

Now if you owna GS and have a APR double carbon fiber triple deck 40 pounds of down force wing and LED windshield whiper lights, Pep boys NOS floor mats and 24" spinner wheels. Then yo shi*t is rice.
Nail on HEAD! LOL....
Old 10-03-06, 12:18 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal_VIP

exactly! The things you listed are not rice at all whom ever said that is a NOOB!
Old 10-03-06, 12:25 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah the terms "modding"; "rice"; is most generalized and created from the JDM compact sport car scene...unfortunately some ppl then start making all generalizations that modding is rice...and the truth is...there are tastefully modded compact sport cars as well (civic, 240, integra)...and i have respect for all cars as long as it is tastefully modded.

the key point here is that if you put tasteful quality mods on the car...it is definitely not rice...TWCompetition is a great example of high end cars modded with the top aftermarket avaliable...if you disagree...then go and check out the cars at sema.

this car is heavily modded and it is tasteful...easily one of the top cars in TWC...a prime example that quality clean modding is NOT rice!

Last edited by aloha08isf; 10-03-06 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-03-06, 01:22 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

With rice, there needs to also be mentality. It is one thing to beautify your car, basically do whatevery you want with it...I agree with that 100%.

Where the rice exists is all in the head. Case in point. At my track, we get people who bring some dandy looking cars. I mean really nice mods. No rice yet. However, the rice mentality sneaks in when I hear this BS, "This spoiler will make me fly...my fartcan exhaust gives me 20 hp." Basically, turning mods into what they are not.

Anyone tells you rice about your nice vehicle jtgs400, has issues in their own head.
Old 10-03-06, 09:42 PM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

i race ricers.... and win.... feels gooood. the guy whos talkin smack about your car... i probably beat him lol
Old 10-03-06, 10:38 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the next time they say something negative about your car just say " What do you drive *****". and tell them someone in Mississippi says they suck at life.
Old 10-04-06, 01:17 AM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

it bugs me when ppl say "rice" just cuz it's a japanese car -_-

rice or no rice, we're still rolling a lexus beeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz ^^
Old 10-04-06, 07:44 AM
dcentric
Driver

"Rice" is a racial slur more than anything else. If you're not asian/japanese then take it for what it's worth. Driving around in a Japanese manufactured car these days is a point of pride and dependability that US/German automakers have yet achieve.

As for me, being both asian and driving a japanese car, I am "rice". But an insult is only powerful if the person who receives it, believes it.

Quick Reply: People who think every mod is rice annoys me