GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Paul Tolson's GS featured in October PASMAG!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-06, 12:15 PM
skpark70
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definetely different for sure.....
I don't know how recent the photos are but I've noticed 3 different sets of brake calipers; Supra TT(front), Rotora (rear), stock (rear).
Old 10-23-06, 12:23 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

where do you get that carbon fiber gas lid? i've been lookin' for one.
Old 10-23-06, 12:44 PM
ib_jimmy
Driver

Originally Posted by Kharizma
where do you get that carbon fiber gas lid? i've been lookin' for one.
why would you want that?

great show car. just not my cup of tea.
Old 10-23-06, 02:45 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ib_jimmy
why would you want that?

great show car. just not my cup of tea.
Maybe cause he has a CF hood? and is goin for a CF theme on his car, if i remember correctly
Old 10-24-06, 09:39 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fhumphrey04
That car is rediculous. Red headlights, carbon fiber tv gas cap cover, robot in the trunk, no FI, and a flat red paint job. yuck.

Show cars get so overdone with junk, most of them look like they came right out of Pimp My Ride.

What ever happened to a clean, well done show car?

Blue Lex > *
(although you should get workin on a bigger turbo set up!)
That's what they are, "Show Cars". To this day it amazes me at what can be done with our vehicles. I grew up on cars and love them, but doing the things you see in the pictures is too much for me; and it's not all a $$$ thing. I don't know how much mods you've done with your car but trust me, their are folks out there who think putting body kits, having tinted windows, to lowering a car is "junk" and a waste of time and $$$.
Old 10-24-06, 10:40 AM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are incredible, I cannot believe you would even call yourselves enthusiasts. To sit there behind a computer and knock someones hard work and passion, c'mon. At the end of the day we all love to work on our cars. Some of us are ok wiht just slapping on rims and lip kit and calling it a day. Some of us go beyond w/ lowering suspension interior and ICE..... and some like Paul go beyond that to create his own distinct style. Personally I like what he's done overall, I think he is a pioneer for doing something different from the countless springs, lip, & wheel combo's running around here on this site. Imagine all the Lexus meets that are held across the country. Just browse through the regional section and you'll see what I mean.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the finesse mods but at the same token you have to respect someone who has the passion to follow his own vision of what he feels his OWN lexus should look like. I myself am not willing to go so extravagant but I do understand the workmanship involved in attempting to take it beyond. If its not your style then fine, but some of these comments here make me sick. You can still not like something and still respect its path, at the end of the day this is an enthusiast based community.
Old 10-24-06, 10:58 AM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by reggiek
Good point...which causes me to come to this conclusion.
Those who dig the show scene will like it more than those who aren't. Personally, I'm not into the show scene. Modding cars beyond their true purpose is illogical to me. Cars are transportation first and foremost. Nothing wrong with looking good on your journey but any mods that deters from the pure driving experience is not for me. Any mod that reduces the classiness of a lex is not for me. That doesn't make it bad just not for me.
if this were the case then cars should stay stock. Bigger wheels increase drivetrain loss, bodykits and lip kits basically add weight, Stretched tires decrease contact patch, etc etc.... if you want to track your car the perfect balance would probably be 16-17" wheels. lets face it, we're not engineering track cars here. Most of us mod our cars because we want to personalize our cars and look nice rolling around. I think its nice to see a variety of how cars can be done. Class is totally subjective and is only 1 segment of a styling cue. I like how Mercedes Benz has the nice clean subtle lines and add a bit of flare in the Lorinser / Brabus lines, then totally go way more aggressive with the DTM styling.
Old 10-24-06, 02:40 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by reggiek
Good point...which causes me to come to this conclusion.
Those who dig the show scene will like it more than those who aren't. Personally, I'm not into the show scene. Modding cars beyond their true purpose is illogical to me. Cars are transportation first and foremost. Nothing wrong with looking good on your journey but any mods that deters from the pure driving experience is not for me. Any mod that reduces the classiness of a lex is not for me. That doesn't make it bad just not for me.
UPTOWNGS4, I missed this one while reading this thread and I agree with your recent posts.

Everyone is entitled to their views & opinions. Lexus, BMW just to name a few are "luxury" cars and to most are considered classy. I've seen some slick
bad -*** GS's posted on this web-site. Cars are for transportation but at the same time I feel nothing is wrong with adding something here, something there to make them look even more appealing to the eyes. To me the driving experience includes the mods, a clean car and being in the driver's seat in that same car. Paul's GS is nice. What he did is every car enthusiants dream. To some owners this is a passion or a hobby. I don't attend these types of shows but I appreciate the work and the talent of these folks. This is not an attack but a response to your post from someone who chose to "mod" his car and loves it. But again every car owner is entiltled to his or her own opinions and in this case taste.
Old 10-25-06, 11:16 AM
AG4
Rookie

Hello every one.
This is Paul Tolson with the red gs.
I finally signed up. I wish that I had did it sooner.
I will be thanking alot of you for your great constructive insight (AUTOMAN) on my car as well as the scene.

Again, I am happy to be a part of this family and will write soon...
Old 10-25-06, 11:24 AM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AG4
Hello every one.
I will be thanking alot of you for your great constructive insight (AUTOMAN) on my car as well as the scene.

Welcome to CL. I personally like what you've done to your car. Red Head-Lights? Reminds me of those creepy looking mice with red eyes. Nice touch to the vehicle. I personally am a blue or charcoal grey type of guy but still think your whip is on 10!
Old 10-25-06, 11:25 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,321 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by AG4
Hello every one.

Welcome to Club Lexus Paul!

We've got a large member group here and like every large group there are differing opinions. I think Automan and UptownGS (both of whom are heavily into the car show scene) said it well... you'll find folks whose style or approach differs from yours and those who are amazed at your investment.

End of the day, you've done a crazy amount of work to your GS and there are several threads on our forum about it. I've seen it at NOPI Nationals and at HIN myself and really liked some of the things you've done to it.

Glad to have you join our forum.
Old 10-25-06, 11:32 AM
AG4
Rookie

UptownGS and DaveGS4, Thank you.
Old 10-25-06, 03:11 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Lot's of work involved, much props . I personally like it
Old 10-25-06, 08:09 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AG4
Hello every one.

So you finally took my advice Paul

WELCOME TO THE CLUB

glad to have you!!!
Old 10-26-06, 10:45 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AG4
Hello every one.

Hey Paul it's great to have you here on CL finally. I will look forward to seeing posts from you in the forum please keep us informed on what you are having done to the car. I hear that you are getting some sort of turbo setup? We have some great GS' on here so I am sure that you will enjoy Club Lexus. I hope to see you at a show soon but let me know in advance so I can leave my car in the spectator parking lot.

Quick Reply: Paul Tolson's GS featured in October PASMAG!