GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Ummmm NO THANKS! (Official GS Altezzas)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-06, 10:34 AM
black_gs99
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think the smoked ones look good...the only thing i would need is the led smoked inners.....
Old 10-06-06, 10:43 AM
TYPEII
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
GUYS GUYS

So taping or spraying the uppers red won't make much sense since all you need to do is buy the Carson version.
Ya, but if you don't have the $$$$, $280 plus $5 for a can of transparent Candy paint is alot cheaper than the $580...That's a $295 saving...
Old 10-06-06, 12:23 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

pretty damn ugly
Old 10-06-06, 02:30 PM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

I think the smoked would look nice on a silver or charcoal gray with gunmetal wheels or something. Or maybe not. Who knows. I'd have to see these on a car though. Im still leaning towards "nay" for the clears.
Old 10-06-06, 03:22 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

turns out they have a smoked set that is a little lighter in shade...

i like these.

Old 10-06-06, 03:32 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPEII
Ya, but if you don't have the $$$$, $280 plus $5 for a can of transparent Candy paint is alot cheaper than the $580...That's a $295 saving...
Ahh Gotcha.

Originally Posted by DzaztrBUSE
I think the smoked would look nice on a silver or charcoal gray with gunmetal wheels or something. Or maybe not. Who knows. I'd have to see these on a car though. Im still leaning towards "nay" for the clears.
Here's some standard 2001 up tails that were professionally smoked. I'm thinking that smoking my existing wise won't end up looking much different then this, so I suppose what's the point. Only diff is I have LEDs. Not sure if smoking out the red section ONLY would work either.

Hmmm don't wanna risk this mod. Might not work out.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 10-06-06 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-06-06, 05:08 PM
mvallido
Pole Position

Nope! Is altezza stuff still hot?
Old 10-06-06, 05:53 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the general consensus is that it WAS. now it has been picked up by the masses (honda, nissan aftermarket crowd) and the "newness" and "exclusivity" has worn off.

That being the case, I'm thinking the smoked tails would be the way to go unless you want to mod these tails once you buy them. If you buy the clear one - just tint the top section and leave the bottom clear. When I saw the original Carson-Wise tails on Glen's car, they looked VERY VERY nice.

I think there HAS to be more color otherwise it just looks too washed out.
Old 10-06-06, 07:37 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffud
I think the general consensus is that it WAS. now it has been picked up by the masses (honda, nissan aftermarket crowd) and the "newness" and "exclusivity" has worn off.

That being the case, I'm thinking the smoked tails would be the way to go unless you want to mod these tails once you buy them. If you buy the clear one - just tint the top section and leave the bottom clear. When I saw the original Carson-Wise tails on Glen's car, they looked VERY VERY nice.

I think there HAS to be more color otherwise it just looks too washed out.
Thanks !

So what do ya think Clifford, just smoke the top red portion of the WISE?

That would be a different twist. Hmm, might need to try it out with some smoked film first. Then if I really like it, I'll have it spray tinted to the exact shade I want. A PS sample would be OK , but I really need to see it on the car in the real world to get a better feel.

Hmmmmmm
Old 10-06-06, 10:37 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like them but then again I shelled out $1300 for some JP tails Now if these were out before CARSON'S got in there product everyone would be buying them
Old 10-23-06, 11:14 PM
lexcentric
Driver School Candidate

AWWW SNAP!!!!!!!!! These are the ones I've been looking for! I've been waiting patiently to buy the clear inner tailight since I bought my GS, 2 years ago. Now I can get the whole set. I saw a DUB version scale model with all four tail lights cleared years ago before I bought my car and it was the PIMPEST. Yeah, thas right PIMPEST!!! LOL . It looked hot. I'm defenitely getting the clear ones. Perhaps I'll smoke them later so that the tint matches exactly on all four. I haven't seen the clear inners as LED, but that can be modded by replacing the bulb, right?? I'm not mechanically inclined or a DIYer. If anyone gets them before I do, please let the club know if they turn on any warning signal in the dash.
Old 10-23-06, 11:39 PM
DonJuan45i
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexcentric
AWWW SNAP!!!!!!!!! These are the ones I've been looking for! I've been waiting patiently to buy the clear inner tailight since I bought my GS, 2 years ago. Now I can get the whole set. I saw a DUB version scale model with all four tail lights cleared years ago before I bought my car and it was the PIMPEST. Yeah, thas right PIMPEST!!! LOL . It looked hot. I'm defenitely getting the clear ones. Perhaps I'll smoke them later so that the tint matches exactly on all four. I haven't seen the clear inners as LED, but that can be modded by replacing the bulb, right?? I'm not mechanically inclined or a DIYer. If anyone gets them before I do, please let the club know if they turn on any warning signal in the dash.
Go for it. Post pics. What color is your GS?
Old 10-30-06, 06:02 PM
VM 2
Pole Position

I think if it didn 't have the red reflector inside, it'd be kinda tight. kinda like a rx300 copy.
Old 10-30-06, 07:23 PM
LexFather

Many of us O.Gs saw this day coming.......

And damnit, yall can shoot me but I kinda like, gasp, the smoked ones!
Old 10-30-06, 08:27 PM
oki_boy
Pole Position

I remember seeing a set of totally clear taillights on an Aristo a long time ago while I was surfing Yahoo Japan. I'm surprised it took this long start production of the altezza's. They only look decent on a few certain cars. The GS isn't one of them. Wouldn't mind seeing a set tinted red like the Carson/Wise/JP ones though.

Quick Reply: Ummmm NO THANKS! (Official GS Altezzas)