GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

"Broken glass everywhere....

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-06 | 06:58 PM
Bill_GS3
Lead Lap
CL Folding 3M

Damn man, sorry to hear about this. Did you get a chacne to test the one-touch?

-Bill
Old 10-05-06 | 08:43 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

sorry to see this happen to your GS. glad the window got fixed and hope the paint scratches can be buffed out alright
Old 10-05-06 | 09:05 PM
Saiji
Lexus Champion

man, i hope they get hella bad carma on them. On the good note, at least it was just your window. If you werent home *knock on wood* it coulda been worse. Man...cheap bastards.
Old 10-05-06 | 10:27 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HoracioGS4
But whoever installs your new window, make sure the one-touch auto roll up/down feature works well immediately afterwards.
Thanks for posting that HoracioGS4...I read your post as the guys was working on the window, so I made sure it was working 100% before he left. I never wouldve thought about that, so much thanks!

Originally Posted by e-man
Sorry to see this, Mark. What is with some people? Like you said, it could have been worse, and it looks like you're back up and running. Am I seeing things or did you already buff out the scratch too?

e
Hey e-man, yeah i tried to buff it out by hand with some Meguiars 83 (that's all I had). It seemed to come out, so maybe I'll take the PC to it on the weekend.

Originally Posted by GWELEX
Best to keep anything that even looks like it has value in the trunk, unseen. Glad to see all is well again, hope it's done and over with.
Great advice GWELEX...Im glad I took my work messenger bag in last night...I thought about the gym bag, but never thought someone would break in. Everything is going in the trunk from now on if its to stay in the car.

Originally Posted by wdpower
Did you get a chacne to test the one-touch?

-Bill
Hey Bill, I definitely did, and am grateful to HoracioGS4 for recommending that while the guy was still here working on the glass.

Its about 10:31pm, and Im almost tempted to just stay up and wait to see what happens. But I realize its just a car, and if they are gonna come back (be it today, tomorrow, or whenever), Im sure there is very little I can do to stop it from happening again.

Thanks again all for the support
Old 10-05-06 | 10:32 PM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear it. Always lock ur stuff in the trunk and out of sight... crime hits everywhere.. yes even rich neighborhoods...

Here is my camera setup in front of my house. By no means it is cheap but its peace of mind for me since I've been carjacked in front of my house.

The first pic still bright outside.
The second pic is dark outside with me walking in front of it.
The third pic is with my lights on.

Old 10-05-06 | 10:44 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

markgs4 sorry
Old 10-05-06 | 10:55 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by benzo555
Here is my camera setup in front of my house. By no means it is cheap but its peace of mind for me since I've been carjacked in front of my house.
Awesome setup benzo555 ...if I wasnt renting here, I'd likely invest in something like that. Maybe when I can finally afford my own home, definitely. For now, I just have to settle with the $8 workman light and extensions cords I got from Homedepot...at least its better illuminated outside than its ever been (but since my landlord didnt care much when I told him what happened, I might as well put some money towards improving the parking situation...even if its just temporary).

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
markgs4 sorry
Thanks bro...
Old 10-05-06 | 10:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

omg, sorry to hear that mark..... that's bad first we had suneet and now you that's just wrong!!!!!!
Old 10-05-06 | 11:01 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Mark, damn it sucks, I feel sorry for you. Good thing it wasn't raining today like last night (for the first time in months). It must suck worse because you did just get your car painted - how bad were the nicks/scratches?
Old 10-05-06 | 11:17 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Sorry for what happened....gotta say you've got a great attitude about the whole thing. I'd be pissed for days if that happened to me! But what's the point, huh? **** happens....that's life. So, all you can do is get it fixed and carry on.
Old 10-06-06 | 12:18 AM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

HOLY S__T!!!

That totally sucks bro.....

I truly feel your pain. People just suck...can't have anything nice nowadays without someone messing with it..
Old 10-06-06 | 01:13 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Very sorry to hear about this Mark, especially after getting your car all cherried out for EOS with new paint, etc.

I too have a camera in front of my house that i can view on my TVs.

I suggest it's time to invest in either a stand alone silent pager or a Viper type alarm with 2 way paging.

If my car is parked outside (especially at night) I make sure to keep my keys with pager by my bedside.

If you can't get your scratches out let me know. I might be able to do some magic with my portercable and various strength polishing compounds.
Old 10-07-06 | 12:41 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear about your care being broken into. Someone did the same to my car 2 days before christmas .

They stole my Coach Briefcase with a bunch of my personal stuff in it. I had to cancel checking accounts, etc. They also took a bag with some Christmas presents in it. Anyway, I filed a claim with my insurance company due to the damage to the paint, interior door panel and seat. The damage was very minimal but it was damage just the same. The final claim for the damage was over $3K and it did not affect my insurance premium. Anyway, you should check with your insurance company and have them do an estimate on any, and I mean any damage. It adds up real fast. Good luck.