GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

"Broken glass everywhere....

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-06, 02:01 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Broken glass everywhere....

...people pi$$ing on the stage and no they just don't care..!!!" (that's for you old school folks). Well, someone definitely pi$$ed on my car today!

I walked out to my car this morning around 7 am to go to work, to find this...

I heard some commotion this morning around 2am, when the upstair neighbors dog start barking (which it never does), and i heard a slight ruckus out front but I was so tired from working consecutive 13 hr days to get up and go out to see what the noise was. Thankfully, the dog mustve scared them off before they could get further into the car. They jacked my brand new camoflage Oneil backpack which I used for the gym, with my favorite pair of Jordan hoop shorts and a brand new pair of nike air max runners (about $300+ value total).

As you can see, they also managed to scratch up my new paint job too...

They got guts, considering my car is parked closest to the apartment and considering my apartment is right behind that bush & garbage cans.

My new tint

I had to take the day off and am waiting for the mobile auto glass repair folks to show up. The first place quoted $215 + tax but never showed up. These next guys Im waiting on quoted $167, which is more in my budget. Not worth filing for insurance since my deductible is more than the cost. I just hope this was random and wont be an ongoing occurence...my neighborhood is quiet, mostly old people, and in the 3yrs Ive been here, there's never anything like this happening. Hopefully I won't have to look for a new place...
Old 10-05-06, 02:25 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that sucks mark. good luck on the fix. did your interior get rained on too or is that just dew?
Old 10-05-06, 02:37 PM
HoracioGS4
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about the incident...same thing happened to me on the same window. But whoever installs your new window, make sure the one-touch auto roll up/down feature works well immediately afterwards.

When I replaced my rear passenger window, I didn't test it out (the guy who replaced it said i should not roll the window down for a day or two to let some glue dry).

After a couple of days, I attempted to roll my window down and it worked fine but when it got to the lowest point where the window should have stopped, it went back up halfway. Conversely, when my window is down and I wanted to roll it up using the one-touch command, the window went all the way up, and then back down halfway....it's no big deal, but an inconvenience nonetheless.

I called the guy who installed the window and he said that this is normal for cars with the one-touch command (i.e. Lexus, BMW, etc) after replacing a window. I then called Jason at JP Importz and he indicated that the guy was just too lazy to callibrate the window properly, which should have been done when the window was replaced.

This has happened to several members, make sure yours will work properly...good luck.

Last edited by HoracioGS4; 10-05-06 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-05-06, 02:37 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chuckb
that sucks mark. good luck on the fix. did your interior get rained on too or is that just dew?
Thanks Chuck. Fortunately, that was just dew....lucky for me too, considering it started raining last night for the first time in a while.
Old 10-05-06, 02:39 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

dam dude, sorry to hear this. I hope they get Jock itch from wearing your shorts or athletes foot from the kicks...Hope it all works out for you..
Old 10-05-06, 02:49 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mark - sorry to hear that man! that sucks. does your apartment offer video surveillance??
Old 10-05-06, 03:07 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bluelex
dam dude, sorry to hear this. I hope they get Jock itch from wearing your shorts or athletes foot from the kicks...Hope it all works out for you..
haha..for real huh!! Thanks A for the encouragement...but dang Im gonna miss those Air Max kicks

Originally Posted by cliffud
Mark - sorry to hear that man! that sucks. does your apartment offer video surveillance??
Thanks Cliffud...but the answer is no, this apartment is so old, they couldnt afford a light bulb to atleast light up the parking area
Old 10-05-06, 04:11 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn,sorry to hear
Old 10-05-06, 04:17 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

WTF. ahh man.. Sorry to hear about this. I loved the pics you posted up of your finished car now this! Criminals She will be ok though. Pager alarm with proximity sensors will warn you if someone gets close next time.
Old 10-05-06, 04:20 PM
fbapacible
Pole Position

Damn..... Mark, sorry about your car. I know you just got a new paint job and now it's scratched, how's the body did they dent it?. Did you file a police report?. I hope they catch those Punks who broke into your car.
Old 10-05-06, 04:48 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
WTF. ahh man.. Sorry to hear about this. I loved the pics you posted up of your finished car now this! Criminals She will be ok though. Pager alarm with proximity sensors will warn you if someone gets close next time.
Maybe I jinxed myself with that last post with the updated pics Eitherway, I'm definitely going to look into that pager alarm...had been thinking of getting for a while, maybe this is reason enough now to invest it in.

Originally Posted by fbapacible
Damn..... Mark, sorry about your car. I know you just got a new paint job and now it's scratched, how's the body did they dent it?. Did you file a police report?. I hope they catch those Punks who broke into your car.
Hey Frances, unfortunately no police report. I called 911 this morning and got bounced around several times, and then they just took some info over the phone and gave me a case # for the insurance. Its not even worth filing for insurance because its less than the deductible.

I guess this is what I get for only being able to rent right now. But I did ghetto rig an extension cord and light out to the corner, to shine on my car tonight and illuminate that corner of the lot. Hopefully it will deter them from coming back tonight or at all...if not, hopefully me standing out there with a bat will!
Old 10-05-06, 04:54 PM
jdmdaddy
Lead Lap

damn Gina! WTF! Mark, sorry for your loss man. Time to setup a wireless surveliance (sp) cam...

_craig
Old 10-05-06, 05:04 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gatewaycraig
Time to setup a wireless surveliance (sp) cam...
I would Craig, but I'm so NOT tech savy, Id probably electricute myself and blowup my computer

Anyway, the mobile glass repair guy did an awesome job, took about an hour to clean it up and install. Not bad for $167 total! All I need now is to get it tinted....although Im kinda digging the no tint look also. Hmm....

Thanks all for the support. It couldve been worse, I couldve walked out there and confronted them when it was happening and who knows what I couldve walked into. Im a pretty big guy, but you just never know with kids these days....and I have a beautiful 3yr old daughter that needs her dad around for more years to come. In the immortal words of Cedric The Entertainer: "I'm a grown @ss man dawg!"
Old 10-05-06, 06:14 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Sorry to see this, Mark. What is with some people? Like you said, it could have been worse, and it looks like you're back up and running. Am I seeing things or did you already buff out the scratch too?

e
Old 10-05-06, 06:44 PM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

That sux!!! Smash and grab, not sure any kind of alarm would of stopped that. Best to keep anything that even looks like it has value in the trunk, unseen. Glad to see all is well again, hope it's done and over with.

Quick Reply: "Broken glass everywhere....