GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-01, 10:23 AM
Tema
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Help

Hello al l. How u all doing? I hope u doing well. Anyway I need some help with next link http://www.visracing.com/ great page with cyber1 kit that I like and I was unable to find their contact phone number or anything like that. am I missing something or? are there any numbers at all for that page? anyway plz let me know if U know the number or there is none at all!!!!!

many thnx in advance!!

Tema....

ps. I was unable to find any prices for exausts. I need something under 600$.........got any ideas? also gonna take pic of it so u can look at my beauty
Old 10-17-01, 03:35 AM
Tema
Driver School Candidate

Red face Another silly question

hello all. basicly I just wanna find out if any of u who owns brand newLexus GS300 done any modifications under the warranty and hand problems with lexus when it broke down. another thing is that what kind of modifications I can do to the car without efecting the warranty. I will have a look in the book anyway but maybe there is something tricky or something that they(lexus dealers) would not speak about.

Tema.

many thnx in advance again.
Old 10-18-01, 12:54 AM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Can't help you on the body kit bro . But the only exhaust for under 600 is the Borla exhaust . You probably can get a universal exhaust for under 600 as well . But if it was me , i would go ahead and get the borla's . Around 400 something i beleive.

I have mods to my car but my car hasn't broken down to see how they will handle it. But i got a big grin from my service advisor when he heard the rumble of my exhaust and then the sucking of the intake.
Old 10-18-01, 01:26 AM
Tema
Driver School Candidate

Default thnx

Thnx alot 1niceride for your help man. well, its not that I am short of money for exuast or something. There was an exaust that I saw the other day for 670 or so and I liked it but the thing is I want something that will increas the HP and will not only sound cool but also look great. lets make it $700 for exaust. Any ideas what I can get for that price?

Many thnx in advance.

Tema

LEXUS RULEZ
Old 10-18-01, 04:16 AM
ap0718
Lead Lap

Tema,
I would think a little before getting some of VisRacing products. I have heard that the fiberglass on their kits is pretty thin and not that durable. That is what I have heard, so don't quote me on that. Hopefully other people have had great experiences with them that they can share their stories with you. The reason why I say this is because you are overseas. I would hate to see you get taken for a fool, you know what I mean. That's just my two cents.

I hope that helps
Old 10-18-01, 04:34 AM
Tema
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up hmmmm

ap0718. thnx for advice man, Any advice is welcome so thnx again :-)

Tema
Old 10-18-01, 09:57 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tema,

the warranty issue is a rather tricky matter. often it depends who you know and which dealer that service your GS. for example, some cl guys here have problems after they add-on non-lexus torque converter, this "supposedly" will void your warranty on the transmission and may be the engine. but again, if you have good contact with your service guy, he/she might simply have you take -off the TC unit first, then try to fix the problem under warranty.

as far as what items will affect your warranty, it can be nothing, or everything. if your dealer does not like you, they could balme as little as say an incorrect air filter. or, in your case, the exhaust.
just make sure when you put things into your car, have the job done by a reputable tech/shop. or, tell us what you would like to get, and we will give you more advice.

for the exhaust, look into blitz nurspec, tanabe hyper medallion, greddy power extreme, or hks hyper...they are all very good, and in your price range.

VISRACING, i heard too mnay bad experience.

william
Old 10-18-01, 10:04 AM
Tema
Driver School Candidate

Default gs4will

Well. I spoke to my dealers and the told me. sorry U cant do anything with your car, cuz exhaust that will increase HP could dmg your engine. etc etc etc. I am going to talk to them tomorrow. and then I will tell u what they will tell me .

all for now.

TEma