GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: Which wheels look the best on 2nd gen BLACK GS?
MRR HR2
4.71%
Axis Milano
5.88%
SSR GT3
7.06%
Madulare M4
2.35%
Madulare M3
8.24%
Zone 3
7.06%
Maya RT5 w/ black accents
15.29%
Maya DLR w/ black accents
4.71%
Trafficstar RTS
41.18%
HRE 840R
14.12%
HRE 841R
5.88%
Donz Columbo
5.88%
iForged Equip
8.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Best Looking wheels on BLACK 2nd gen GS! (Pics Inside)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-06, 08:54 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

guys thanks for all the input. Keep them coming..

PHML, hey Pete, I did this thread just to see peoples choices.. I loved them all.. I would get every single one of them on my car, I did this thread to show which ones in my opinion look the best on the GS, if I would get rims.. I am leaning towards 19's MRR, or 20" Milano's, if I had the money right now to spend $3-4K on wheels, then I would have a very hard decision between, HRE 841R and Maya RT5

Bluelex, I agree these look sick man.. First time I saw Trafficstar RTS (same wheels) on Rdubz ride featured on top pic, I was like wow.. These are great.. I love your wheels too buy the way, but for show, I would not get chrome for everyday driving, weird, but its just me.. Your complete package GS, still is on my screansaver, and favorite car on CL along with Davegs4, lexforiife, and Wringo, as I told you many times, guys big up for Bluelex ride!! Your car was the first car I saw when I found CL website and looked at pics of your car, and then decided to buy a GS..

Socalsc4, damnnn man, these are hot, I already submitted that to Seize to help me chop those up and make them part of the poll along with the last three wheels on here..

And everyone else, thank u for the poll, I do agree Milanos are great and are the least expensive along with MRR's wich look just incredible in my opinion.. HRE's are so hot and DaveGS4's car just a perfect look, in my opinion but are so much money.. Trafficstars could be had for last then $3k though..

Dashoker, hot car man.. I love Milano's on the black GS, them and MRR's would be my top 2 choices for now, due to money factor..

TLW, those are nice, but not my style man..

Everyone else, keep them coming.. Lets make this thread 10 pages or more.. lol.. Black GS is the hotest voted color by many on CL, I read this on some other poll on here!!!
Old 10-10-06, 10:30 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
I think its subjective....they all look good if you ask the owner of those rides.

Main thing is that you like the look yourself....do not base it if others like it. Mod for yourself...not others.

IMO...the only requirement you should consider is STAGGERED....with some lip action. The more lip action...the better.

Pete
I agree with Pete. All the wheels look good and many will be based on their individual preferences. You should look at what you like.

Originally Posted by dlomonosov
if I had the money right now to spend $3-4K on wheels, then I would have a very hard decision between, HRE 841R and Maya RT5
Unless you find a GREAT deal, you'd be hard pressed to find the 840 series for that price.

I am not even sure this poll is fair. Looking good depends on personal tastes. The big problem, though, is cost. It is fine to like the HREs over Donz or MRR. It is another to pony up for the HREs. Unless money is really no object (but I think it is based on your statement above), you should limit the poll to wheels you are more likely to purchase.

For example, if everyone voted for the Zone3 and your budget is $2k, the poll really did not help you.
Old 10-11-06, 12:11 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am leaning towards 19's MRR, or 20" Milano's, if I had the money right now to spend $3-4K on wheels, then I would have a very hard decision between, HRE 841R and Maya RT5
Since you don't have the money right now, why not save up more. Wheels are the most noticeable change on your car, and if price is what's making up your mind then you might regret your choice in the future. You can compare this to a lot of things that you might also buy, like shoes, watches or anything else that can apply.

Think about it.....
Old 10-11-06, 01:13 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
Since you don't have the money right now, why not save up more. Wheels are the most noticeable change on your car, and if price is what's making up your mind then you might regret your choice in the future. You can compare this to a lot of things that you might also buy, like shoes, watches or anything else that can apply.

Think about it.....
Although this is good advice in general (and I fully agree with it), there is still a threshold to overcome. For some, spending $5k+ for wheels is not a big deal (or even if it is a big deal, it is a number they can justify). For others, $1k, $2k, $3k (you get the idea) might be as much as they can justify spending for wheels. Everyone wants to, but not everyone can realistically floss whatever wheel they want. This is independent of the ability to save that amount.

Although we drive Lexus cars, not everyone spent full price for the car. The used market is such that the car is within more buyers' budgets. Some are perfectly happy that they can spend $15k (vs $50k) and get this great car. The same budget constraints will afflict us similarly when approaching mods.

Just like money, there is also the patience factor. Some people have more than others. Saving (more) requires patience and sacrifice/compromise. In a perfect world, we'd have the means to get exactly what we want. The next best thing would be able to wait and get the aesthetic and quality we want. Sadly, neither of these scenarios is a reality for some of us.

Old 10-11-06, 01:46 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TLW
have u looked at

www.weds.co.jp

Old 10-11-06, 05:17 AM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Neo and V8 Ariso, hey guys I completely agree with you on all your stated points, and yes I agree that patients is the key to get exectly what you want and that wheels make the biggest noticable difference and for some people $1k-2k would be the most they would spend or would ever thinking of spending and some would spend $5k and be happy and could justify spending that much. I did this poll to see what most people like and would get on CL and not to help me make the decision for selecting and buying the wheels.. Neo, as you know my car is still for sale and I might not even buy any wheels for this car.. I just had pics of car with my favorite wheels on them and the pics that Seize chopped for me, so I thought I would share them with public and this thread was more for that then help me choose the wheel to buy. I just wanted to have a thread of the best looking wheels in my opinion for the black 2nd gen GS.. I hope that helps.. Thanks for all the comments..
Old 10-11-06, 06:53 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Trafficstar RTS, HRE 840R
Old 10-11-06, 08:42 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Rims on Black GS?

I like them all but voted for the M3 wheel as my favorite next to the RTS wheel!
Old 10-11-06, 09:12 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by Neo
Although this is good advice in general (and I fully agree with it), there is still a threshold to overcome. For some, spending $5k+ for wheels is not a big deal (or even if it is a big deal, it is a number they can justify). For others, $1k, $2k, $3k (you get the idea) might be as much as they can justify spending for wheels. Everyone wants to, but not everyone can realistically floss whatever wheel they want. This is independent of the ability to save that amount.

Although we drive Lexus cars, not everyone spent full price for the car. The used market is such that the car is within more buyers' budgets. Some are perfectly happy that they can spend $15k (vs $50k) and get this great car. The same budget constraints will afflict us similarly when approaching mods.

Just like money, there is also the patience factor. Some people have more than others. Saving (more) requires patience and sacrifice/compromise. In a perfect world, we'd have the means to get exactly what we want. The next best thing would be able to wait and get the aesthetic and quality we want. Sadly, neither of these scenarios is a reality for some of us.

So it's not how much they are planning to spend, it's what they are actually willing to pay for. I have heard the excuse of "not having enough right now" one too many times. I guess what they meant is, "this is all I'm willing to spend".
Old 10-11-06, 09:48 AM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

These are really Hawwt IMO....

but then again I really like the

Traffic Star RTS

and the HRE 841R

They are all great looking wheels.... but there are my 3 agents..

Cheers and good luck!

Revhard191

Last edited by Revhard191; 10-11-06 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-11-06, 10:17 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 301 Likes on 181 Posts

I voted for the HRE 841R

Old 10-11-06, 10:43 AM
rizgs300
Rookie

so many to pick from...is there a right answer to this question?!?!

i like the trafficstars and the modulare's.
Old 10-11-06, 11:03 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rizgs300
so many to pick from...is there a right answer to this question?!?!

i like the trafficstars and the modulare's.
Save up, and get the trafficstars. How much do they cost in 19's
Old 10-11-06, 11:30 AM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Save up, and get the trafficstars. How much do they cost in 19's
about $2800 shipped for Trafficstars RTS, plus tires.. 19" staggered MRR HR2 Titanium color are on GB for $899 from D2!! 20" Milanos staggerd are like $1300 I think, from same place, Darrick gave me a quote a few months ago, but I forgot how much it was, How much did you pay for your Milanos in 19"?
Old 10-11-06, 12:42 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

about $2800 shipped for Trafficstars RTS, plus tires.. 19" staggered MRR HR2 Titanium color are on GB for $899 from D2!! 20" Milanos staggerd are like $1300 I think, from same place, Darrick gave me a quote a few months ago, but I forgot how much it was, How much did you pay for your Milanos in 19"?
Not a bad price for 20's. The Axis Milanos are now called the Axis Milano plus, and have a smaller lip front and rear compared to the old style which I have. I bought mine from another member last year, but ended up buying two new front wheels for 380 per wheel shipped from Axis. I had mine custom painted mercedes silver, and had the clearcoat removed from the lips for a mirror finish. Not a bad price for the Traffic Stars Get them!!!

Quick Reply: Best Looking wheels on BLACK 2nd gen GS! (Pics Inside)