GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

These are my GS confessions..(buying mods when u didn't plan on it)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-06 | 08:15 PM
LexFather

Talking These are my GS confessions..(buying mods when u didn't plan on it)

Okay, have you really not planned on buying anything for your GS and you try hard to do the right thing but something SO GOOD comes up at SUCH A DEAL or a RARE ITEM comes up, you just dish away with what you planned and jump head first spending some $$$$$$

Got (#$()#)( damnit....it just happened to me

Oh, its a GREAT thing but I am still giggling b/c I swear to ZEUS I was telling myself and HAD to talk to myself
"Mike you dont need it"
"Mike, you can wait"
"Mike you can resist"

LMAO...I guess this is a semi-teaser but a fellow CL member is selling something incredible and its just to hard to pass up.

So CONFESS. When did you buy something for your GS and you really didn't plan on it?
Old 10-24-06 | 09:23 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 10,000

I wanted to buy a JP 3pc wing along with a TTE lip , then Carson had the groupbuy and i just said **** it , and bought the whole kit
Old 10-25-06 | 05:50 AM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Yep, those Carson group buys are impossible to pass up. SRT and L-Tuned exhaust for me. Didn't need either one, but...............
Old 10-25-06 | 06:07 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Mine would have to be the TTE Lip... I really didn't needed but after seeing what a difference it makes on the front end i had to have it.. abd the Carson group buys makes it hard to resist to...
Old 10-25-06 | 08:28 AM
lalexusgs
Advanced

Carson is evil But not just them. I didn't really need to do ANY of my mods, I would rather put those $6-7K towards the new car purchase. But all the group buys and part-outs are so tempting. I should've spend less time on CL
Old 10-25-06 | 08:52 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

I know all about this. A simple fender and headlight replacement led to quite a bit more than originally planned.

-Hey, might as well replace BOTH headlights so they match... and let's update to the green-tinted versions.
-The fenders are off... I wonder if we can do something cool with those!
-Maybe a vented hood would be cool, while we're at it...
-At this point we're painting the entire front of the car. How much more to re-spray the entire thing?
-Now that we're re-spraying the car, let's do something creative with the color scheme and ditch that awful OE spoiler I always hated ("hello, Junction Produce?")
-Hey, we shaved the rear spoiler... no more third brake light. I wonder if we can flush-mount a Supra LED brake light in there?
-We can't very well leave the rear Explosion bumper stock- we modified the front one, after all. I wonder how a quad exhaust would look on a GS? Let's spend a day at MagnaFlow and find out...
-How about a little carbon fiber around that new rear exhaust cut-out? We should do something with the sides and front bumper, too - for continuity.
-It would be a shame to re-use those old 98-00 tail lights... "Steve? It's Bob again. How much for the LED tails and the chrome trunk bar?" Mr. Visa paid for it...
-Hey Joe, how much can we stretch those fenders?
-"I'm sorry... how much were the paint materials again?"
-We've come this far... might as well install a new windshield.

At the end of the day, would I change anything?

Nah... the car came out beyond my expectations!

Last edited by SoCalSC4; 10-26-06 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-25-06 | 08:58 AM
AW99GS400
Pole Position

LMAO thank god i have no kids , if i did probably had to sell them to finance
my bad habit

Adrian
Old 10-25-06 | 09:00 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Mine was the UGO window spoiler....I saw the old group of a few years ago (supposedly their last run of them before the recent group buy), and I told myself...nah, I dont need that thing. Then I got the urge all of a sudden, emailed Steve if they had left over from group buy, and he found one in the warehouse....game over after that
Old 10-25-06 | 09:13 AM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Lightbulb

Hahahhaha, I totoally know what you mean....I saw a set of rims when I had a set of rims on my car....told the wife and she was telling me: do you really need them....Of course.....Can you afford them.....Of course.....What about our trip to Hawaii.....Got it paid off and covered....Okay...do you really like them....Oh hell yeah....ok go to the bank and pull the money....hahahhaha, but now that I really think about it....those rims are rarely on my car as I roll around town on Konig 19" Theroys....and Roll on the weekends or special events with the iForged wheels....

okay...Last confession....browsing the classifieds one late night as I usually do.....and BAM!!!! there they were...Air Runners....as I looked at his posting time.....I was only 2 minutes behind him.....then with out even blinking......BAM!!! wrote and PMed him that I wanted them with no negotiating.....to say the least I totally forgot to tell the wife the next morning until I confirmed that they were mine....got the PM then called the wife and just told her that I was pulling more money to buy them....her answer....I thought you said you were not going to do anymore to the car....sorry but I had too, it was too good of a deal to pass up!

To say the least....I know exactly what you mean when it comes to buying when you either dont really need it but do because you don't come across that type of deal every day.

These were my confessions....(Well, for now that is...until the next mod! )

Cheers,

Revhard191
Old 10-25-06 | 09:32 AM
AristoPra
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lalexusgs
Carson is evil But not just them. I didn't really need to do ANY of my mods, I would rather put those $6-7K towards the new car purchase. But all the group buys and part-outs are so tempting. I should've spend less time on CL
Originally Posted by Revhard191
Hahahhaha, I totoally know what you mean....I saw a set of rims when I had a set of rims on my car....told the wife and she was telling me: do you really need them....Of course.....Can you afford them.....Of course.....What about our trip to Hawaii.....Got it paid off and covered....Okay...do you really like them....Oh hell yeah....ok go to the bank and pull the money....hahahhaha, but now that I really think about it....those rims are rarely on my car as I roll around town on Konig 19" Theroys....and Roll on the weekends or special events with the iForged wheels....

okay...Last confession....browsing the classifieds one late night as I usually do.....and BAM!!!! there they were...Air Runners....as I looked at his posting time.....I was only 2 minutes behind him.....then with out even blinking......BAM!!! wrote and PMed him that I wanted them with no negotiating.....to say the least I totally forgot to tell the wife the next morning until I confirmed that they were mine....got the PM then called the wife and just told her that I was pulling more money to buy them....her answer....I thought you said you were not going to do anymore to the car....sorry but I had too, it was too good of a deal to pass up!

To say the least....I know exactly what you mean when it comes to buying when you either dont really need it but do because you don't come across that type of deal every day.

These were my confessions....(Well, for now that is...until the next mod! )

Cheers,

Revhard191
I couldn't have agreed with most of you guys anyless! ! ! Didn't really need to make/buy any mods but did specially about wheels. I just about a set and a month and a half later found a set for a GREAT DEAL and bought 'em! Now I have another set that I'm trying to get rid of so I can offset some of the expense of buying the new set.
Old 10-25-06 | 09:38 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

boy these stories sure do sound familiar...
Old 10-25-06 | 09:56 AM
Neo
The One

If you don't want to spend $ on the car, stay off CL. Period.

But what is the fun in that.
Old 10-25-06 | 10:32 AM
LT. LEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Okay, have you really not planned on buying anything for your GS and you try hard to do the right thing but something SO GOOD comes up at SUCH A DEAL or a RARE ITEM comes up, you just dish away with what you planned and jump head first spending some $$$$$$

Got (#$()#)( damnit....it just happened to me

Oh, its a GREAT thing but I am still giggling b/c I swear to ZEUS I was telling myself and HAD to talk to myself
"Mike you dont need it"
"Mike, you can wait"
"Mike you can resist"

LMAO...I guess this is a semi-teaser but a fellow CL member is selling something incredible and its just to hard to pass up.

So CONFESS. When did you buy something for your GS and you really didn't plan on it?

Hell, that's how I bought my GS in the first place!
Old 10-25-06 | 12:02 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
I know all about this. A simple fender and headlight replacement led to quite a bit more than originally planned.

-Hey, might as well replace BOTH headlights so they match... and let's update to the green-tinted versions.
-The fenders are off... I wonder if we can do something cool with those!
-Maybe a vented hood would be cool, while we're at it...
-At this point we're painting the entire front of the car. How much more to re-spray the entire thing?
-Now that we're re-spraying the car, let's do something creative with the color scheme and ditch that awful OE spoiler I always hated ("hello, Junction Produce?")
-Hey, we shaved the rear spoiler... no more third brake light. I wonder if we can flush-mount a Supra LED spoiler in there?
-We can't very well leave the rear Explosion bumper stock- we modified the front one, after all. I wonder how a quad exhaust would look on a GS? Let's spend a day at MagnaFlow and find out...
-How about a little carbon fiber around that new rear exhaust cut-out? We should do something with the sides and front bumper, too - for continuity.
-It would be a shame to re-use those old 98-00 tail lights... "Steve? It's Bob again. How much for the LED tails and the chrome trunk bar?" Mr. Visa paid for it...
-Hey Joe, how much can we stretch those fenders?
-"I'm sorry... how much were the paint materials again?"
-We've come this far... might as well install a new windshield.

At the end of the day, would I change anything?

Nah... the car came out beyond my expectations!

LOL, you really did the whole 9 yards Bob
A 2 hour trip to the body shop becomes a full day of hard labour
Old 10-25-06 | 12:08 PM
Flufferiou
Lead Lap

Forget Mods.....
After selling my GS3 and getting my Q45, I was still lurking on CL.
Damn CL! I sold my Q and bought another GS3.

CL is the Devil

Quick Reply: These are my GS confessions..(buying mods when u didn't plan on it)