GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Looking for Florida/Everyone Peeps

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-06 | 06:11 AM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Default Looking for Florida/Everyone Peeps

Hey everyone this is for my Florida breadren. As most of you know or should remember I had that horrific accident in July where we lost our daughter (my Little Big Princess).

Since September I've been on a leave of absence (LOA) and I'm headed down to Florida (Clermont) for some me time. Everyone knows Florida has some of the best beaches and being from NY with beach access 30 minutes away, I need and miss that. The closest REAL beach in Georgia is 4hrs away, and the last time I was there I wasn't impressed. I'll be staying in FL for about a week a few days with my cousin in Clermont and maybe the rest of the time beaching it in Orlando or in Treasure Island/St.Petersburg. I wanted to know if some of you Florida guys usually hook up on the weekends or something, maybe I can catch up with you guys while I'm there one night? Please let me know, thanks.

I hadn't posted any pictures, not because its too painful or anything but because someone lost my flash memory card with them on it and I've been too lazy to take them off the pc and resize them. Here's my 'Little G'.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for Florida/Everyone Peeps-gabbyawarded-medium-.jpeg  

Last edited by Lexizm; 10-25-06 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Don't want to exclude any supports
Old 10-25-06 | 06:13 AM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Here's another one. I'm not looking for simpathy, just proud of my daughter and want everyone to see. I'll post pics of the car when I get back.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for Florida/Everyone Peeps-gabby-full-2-medium-.jpg  
Old 10-25-06 | 07:28 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

maybe a little "me" time will be good for you. i certainly hope all has been well with you and that you enjoy ur week... and as we all know, even tho ur little girl is gone, she will never be forgotten. i just cant imagine what u go through day in and day out b/c no matter what you do the rest of your life, you will always be thinking of her, and it must be tough it must all still seem sooo unreal to you... i cant imagine losing my little girl, she means the world to me and i dont know what i would do if anything happened to her may god bless her and your family have fun in florida and enjoy urself as much as possible.
Old 10-25-06 | 08:17 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Hey man,

Your little girl is beautiful

If you are ever in Oklahoma - you know how to get ahold of me.

Enjoy your "me time"

Jonny
Old 10-25-06 | 08:36 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Hey man....sorry for the loss. She is such a pretty gal...you must be heart broken....I have a little daughter too.

Anyway...I have yet to meet up with local members here...there are a few in this area. If you need to stop by a Lexus dealer for any reason, I have had good experiences with Clearwater Lexus on US-19.

Lots of great beaches in the area...from Clearwater Beach and Sand Key going southward through Indian Rocks, Redington Shores....Mediera...Treasure Island and St.Pete Beach. Lots of fine white sand and great food along the way. Clearwater Beach has Frenchy's ...St.Pete Beach has the Hurricane (Best view on top to see a sunset)...and tons in between.

Have fun and best wishes.

http://www.thehurricane.com/
http://www.frenchysonline.com/

Last edited by bmgs400; 10-26-06 at 04:53 AM.
Old 10-25-06 | 08:38 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

come to Sarasota and visit Siesta Key beach
Old 10-25-06 | 02:41 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Sorry to hear about your daughter... I lost my mother Nov.3rd 2004. I can't beleive it will be two years already.. I know its hard but there's not a day that goes by that we don't think about our lost ones...

PM wringo (darrel). he lives in orlando and i know that have wednesday meets.. GL..

Tony
Old 10-25-06 | 03:03 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Orlando visit!

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter! I didn't know this had happened! Give me a buzz when you think you will be in the area. I'll send you a pm with my info! The Orlando Crew would love to welcome you!
Old 10-25-06 | 03:24 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

iam sorry for your loss i know how bad it hurts but if you come to st.pete, clearwater,treasur island or anything closer to me other than orlando shoot me a pm and we can meet up !!
Old 10-25-06 | 04:12 PM
chinkster
Lead Lap

sorry about your loss.
Old 10-25-06 | 08:03 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

It's a hard road that I will always have to manage, but I'm good. I'm a lot better than I use to be a month ago, and I'll be better a month from now too.
Thanks guys I will definely try to hook up with my Florida peeps when I get there...and thanks everyone again.

Man you guys are not going to believe this. On my way down to Florida on I-75 I hit a truck tire doing the speed limit 70 . It ripped off the TTE lip, the bottom cover and is jammed under the wheel well. I'm in a hotel for the night. In the morning I have to get the car and then take it to Lexus of Jacksonville and most likely get a rental for the week. Man I don't know what the he!! happened but when I rev the motor it sounds rough and the steering wheel vibrates.

Should I go back and try to salvage the lip or just call it a day and get a new one?
Old 10-25-06 | 08:27 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
come to Sarasota and visit Siesta Key beach
Definitely Siesta Key. It's beautiful like your little girl.
Old 10-25-06 | 08:59 PM
dusouth
Pole Position

sorry to hear about your loss, my prays go out to you and your family. i'm in jacksonville pm me if you want to hang!
Old 10-26-06 | 09:44 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Tte Lip?

Originally Posted by Lexizm
It's a hard road that I will always have to manage, but I'm good. I'm a lot better than I use to be a month ago, and I'll be better a month from now too.
Thanks guys I will definely try to hook up with my Florida peeps when I get there...and thanks everyone again.

Man you guys are not going to believe this. On my way down to Florida on I-75 I hit a truck tire doing the speed limit 70 . It ripped off the TTE lip, the bottom cover and is jammed under the wheel well. I'm in a hotel for the night. In the morning I have to get the car and then take it to Lexus of Jacksonville and most likely get a rental for the week. Man I don't know what the he!! happened but when I rev the motor it sounds rough and the steering wheel vibrates.

Should I go back and try to salvage the lip or just call it a day and get a new one?
You should be more concerned with the front suspension at this point! If the lip is still intact, I would keep it and have it molded in during your next install!
Old 10-26-06 | 01:39 PM
cpone
There can only be One
CL Folding 2M

Damn I just saw this thread.
I have some Magic tickets for tonight that I could have picked you up and taken you to man.

If you are on right now and not in jacksonville but in Clermont by me I can take you to the game.
its Vs Houston.

I will be leaving from here in about another 20 minutes to head out there.

Let me know.

I feel for you loss man. I really do.
I cant even begin to imagine...

Quick Reply: Looking for Florida/Everyone Peeps