GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

placed an order with TMEngineering (todd)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-07, 03:59 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I've bought all my Daizen parts from Sewell Lexus. Then again, I live about 30mins away from them I just drive over and pick up so I dont have to wait for shipping or pay shipping charges.
Old 03-08-07, 04:18 PM
MyAristo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh My

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
I know Im bringing up an old thread but instead of starting a new one I'd rather add to this one. I placed an order for a set of Tein SS last week on Friday. Ive been calling and calling but I get no answer. I call at different times of the day and still no answer. I left messages and still no reply. The day I placed the order I had spoken with him and he said order was to be at my location on Monday. It is no Thursday. My calls are still unanswered. I told him that I absolutely needed this order in by Saturday.

What is going on here? Are their customers not their number one priority? Im sorry but I have to say that this is some of the worst customer service I have ever recieved. Anyone has something to say go ahead and say it.
Wow,

I ordered a set of TEIN SS & Daizen Sways on monday...My credit card has been charged already....I ordered through TM because I had a good expirence the last time I ordered with Todd...This time around I spoke to Dave...I am confident that I will receive my order as promised by Tuesday of next week...Hopefully they won't let me down..

I will keep your posted...
Old 03-08-07, 05:19 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
I've bought all my Daizen parts from Sewell Lexus. Then again, I live about 30mins away from them I just drive over and pick up so I dont have to wait for shipping or pay shipping charges.
Sewell owns Darrell is such a nice guy in person too
Old 03-08-07, 08:17 PM
uplusd
Lexus Test Driver

Time for the BBB.

Is TM an approved CL vendor?
Old 03-08-07, 09:27 PM
DoingDamag
Driver

Sewell - check

Carson Toyota - check

TM Engineering - ......... don't think i'll be ordering from them.

I love a free market economy. This means if someone doesn't give you or attempt to give you quality service, you can go somewhere else. Thanks for the heads up guys!!!!
Old 03-09-07, 09:11 AM
Kbueno
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

-Strange-

Todd was always responsive and prompt wth me. He may be over-whelmed and in need of more help in the shop?
Old 03-09-07, 03:40 PM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS430lvr
-Strange-

Todd was always responsive and prompt wth me. He may be over-whelmed and in need of more help in the shop?
Yeah, that's why I gave him so much time to respond to me. Unfortunately after 2 months of no reply I really felt like he didnt care.
Old 03-14-07, 11:19 AM
MyAristo
Driver School Candidate

Default Order Update

I received my coilovers (TEIN SS)....today 3/13/07...as promised by Dave

But NO SWAYS(DAIZENs).....

MyAristo
Old 03-14-07, 05:02 PM
RacerLex
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MyAristo
I received my coilovers (TEIN SS)....today 3/13/07...as promised by Dave

But NO SWAYS(DAIZENs).....

MyAristo
Hey man, not too bad of news considering what others have posted. It looks like you're in pretty good shape. I expect the sways will also show up this week if they had them in stock. Keep us posted.
Old 03-14-07, 05:49 PM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mrurmil
Time for the BBB.

Is TM an approved CL vendor?
Yes, they are.

It's unfortunate that this has happened...I've ordered from Todd twice and was given top notch service both times.

Even after hearing this, I would still have a hard time not recommending him though.
Old 03-15-07, 09:32 AM
MyAristo
Driver School Candidate

Default Update

I received my Sways today....

For the record....I have received all orders on time from TM Engineering...My experience with them have therefore been good...This thread definitely raised flag...
Old 03-15-07, 10:04 AM
pardo
Pole Position

I placed a couple orders with Todd several months ago, always quickly shipped and arrived in excellent condition...
Old 03-15-07, 01:14 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

For all you people who think you know how to "run a business" I have a few words of enlightenment.

Find me how many people that have had bad service from TMEngineering versus how many have had good service? If you can find that info, then you are awesome. Why?

Do you think you guys are the ONLY customers of TMEngineering? Do you EVEN know how many orders TMEngineering process per day? Do you know how many satisfied customers DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT ClubLexus, let alone have the TIME and ENERGY to post their good experiences? Think about it fellas. You are NOT God's gift of Lexus Customers. This site does not EVEN come close to the overall customer base of Lexus owners that have done business with TMEngineering.

I know for a FACT, that TMEngineering has been in the business for over 8 years now. For the aftermarket automobile industry, that is STAYING POWER. Just look what TMEngineering has to deal with. One post from one dissatisfied customer with ONLY HIS side of the story produces a massive witchhunt....

Just look at the example in this thread...one customer ordered parts, and received them on time but his/her sways came a day later. If he/she never read this thread, you've got one happy customer who would have NEVER posted voluntarily to describe his/her "great experience". But after reading this thread, he/she now has a "raised flag". For what??? Because a few dissatisfied customers decided jump on the TMEngineering-hater bandwagon??? How BS is that?

I don't know about you guys but the concept of "the customer is always right" holds true. However, business is STILL A TWO-WAY street because it is STILL a relationship. You get what you give guys....just remember that.

Do you think TMEngineering would be able to survive if the customer base SOLELY existed on this forum????

So my recommendation is this: Buy from whomever you like. But don't think for a second TMEngineering will be hurt by your "boycott". And don't think you guys know how to run a business because you're just an armchair quarterback. WHY? Because there are enough satisified customers out there, like myself, that will continue to buy from TMEngineering because of three FACTS:

1) Todd knows his stuff.
2) His prices are fair - if not the best in some cases.
3) He will sell you only things that WORK on your car (eg, no "oh you will need this extra part", or "oh you have to do this to make it fit")

And Guess WHAT???? Those thousands of satisfied customers probably have NEVER heard of Club Lexus before. Go figure

Rant off...
Old 03-15-07, 02:24 PM
RacerLex
Pole Position

BLiu, so tell us how you REALLY feel?

I think everyone is used to Target's customer service and have a hard time adjusting to anything less. That's why I don't shop at Walmart anymore.
Old 03-15-07, 02:36 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RacerLex
BLiu, so tell us how you REALLY feel?

I think everyone is used to Target's customer service and have a hard time adjusting to anything less. That's why I don't shop at Walmart anymore.
How about Nordstrom service... talk about top notch quality customer service

Quick Reply: placed an order with TMEngineering (todd)